Sign in to follow this  
Iwan_09

LEE FRECKLINGTON

What does everyone feel about the missed signing of Frecklington? Us and POSH came in for him in February but cos we couldn''t stump up the £200,000 transfer fee he, against his will, moved to the dark side.

It really is worrying times when Peterborough United are outbidding us for quality players. Seen a lot of this lad and he is just the type of player we need. Central midfielder who makes intelligent runs and is great on the ball.

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

It really is worrying times when Peterborough United are outbidding us for quality players. 

[/quote]

They''re a Championship club and we''re not.....simple.

Full marks for observation Lord Horn. And there was me scratching my head in a quandry desperately wondering what league they are in...

My point - we were in a league above when the deal was put in place.

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

My point - we were in a league above when the deal was put in place.

[/quote]

Fair point....maybe he could see the writing on the wall even then...unlike our blinkered Board!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]He''ll be very lucky to keep a regular place in a championship squad.[/quote]

Like Rusty, Fotheringham, Hughes and a few others I can think of over the last three seasons. At least he is a young lad with a bit of ambition!

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

What does everyone feel about the missed signing of Frecklington? Us and POSH came in for him in February but cos we couldn''t stump up the £200,000 transfer fee he, against his will, moved to the dark side.

It really is worrying times when Peterborough United are outbidding us for quality players. Seen a lot of this lad and he is just the type of player we need. Central midfielder who makes intelligent runs and is great on the ball.

[/quote]

this is why i think peterborough will be in  the prem in the next couple of years they are showing ambition and are on the way up, while we are doing the oppisite

[quote user="barryevans"][quote user="Iwan_09"]

[/quote]

this is why i think peterborough will be in  the prem in the next couple of years they are showing ambition and are on the way up, while we are doing the oppisite

[/quote]

And Ferguson (Jnr) is keen to keep his squad together which he largely put together from lower and non-league players.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="barryevans"][quote user="Iwan_09"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And Ferguson (Jnr) is keen to keep his squad together which he largely put together from lower and non-league players.

[/quote]Now if we were to put a squad together from lower and non-league players, the club would surely be able to manage without asking for our rebates. 18,000 ST holders cf. Peterboroughs few thousand should be enough revenue I would have thought.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="barryevans"][quote user="Iwan_09"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Now if we were to put a squad together from lower and non-league players, the club would surely be able to manage without asking for our rebates. 18,000 ST holders cf. Peterboroughs few thousand should be enough revenue I would have thought.[/quote]

Wouldn''t disagree with that.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Iwan_09"]

It really is worrying times when Peterborough United are outbidding us for quality players. 

[/quote]

They''re a Championship club and we''re not.....simple.

[/quote]

well said!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="barryevans"][quote user="Iwan_09"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Now if we were to put a squad together from lower and non-league players, the club would surely be able to manage without asking for our rebates. 18,000 ST holders cf. Peterboroughs few thousand should be enough revenue I would have thought.[/quote]

Wouldn''t disagree with that.

[/quote]

good point well made [:)]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="barryevans"][quote user="Iwan_09"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair the Posh have been bankrolled by Darragh MacAnthony, hence the reason why they''ve not had the need to sell the likes of McLean...

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="barryevans"][quote user="Iwan_09"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair the Posh have been bankrolled by Darragh MacAnthony, hence the reason why they''ve not had the need to sell the likes of McLean...

[/quote]It was getting the players in for small fees or no fees at all where Peterborough excelled. Joe Lewis was their record transfer at £400,000.