Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

great bit in the edp...

BANG ,NAIL,HEAD.....

Tilson said: “If Michael Foulger can afford to potentially put in £1m why hasn''t he done it before? We need this money, I quite agree. Gunny needs this money in his transfer budget, but why should the fans keep paying for poor decision-making in the board room and poor signings made by a succession of managers?”

if its old news sorry [:)]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]He may have come into some money or found other persons with the wonga![/quote]

WAY and Wiz know the secret. Foulger recently came into some cash, that''s obvious. If Tilson had used his detective skills then he would know this as well.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

BANG ,NAIL,HEAD.....

Tilson said: “If Michael Foulger can afford to potentially put in £1m why hasn''t he done it before? We need this money, I quite agree. Gunny needs this money in his transfer budget, but why should the fans keep paying for poor decision-making in the board room and poor signings made by a succession of managers?”

[/quote]i was more interested in this bit.

I don''t know I''m just guessing. But is not that hard to work out really though, he is highlighting the fact, that he has come into some money.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

BANG ,NAIL,HEAD.....

[/quote]

Sorry, but I don''t understand the logic of this. Why does Tilson think that if MF can afford to put in £1M now he should have done this before ? If Tilson is such a philanthopist why doesn''t he throw in his wedge ? I am a staunch supporter of NCFC and have my 100 shares. I am prepared to stick in £100 now if the other 18K+ season ticket holders all put in £100 as well. Then we would have £1.85 million transfer kitty.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Al Guido - If you are happy to hand over your £100 to the club, why make it conditional on what the rest of us do?, after all every little helps.....[/quote]

Remove the full stop and it''s no longer conditional. It''s your sort of silly, glib response that epitomises the smart-arsed, sarky spirit that pervades this MB.

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Al Guido - If you are happy to hand over your £100 to the club, why make it conditional on what the rest of us do?, after all every little helps.....[/quote]

Remove the full stop and it''s no longer conditional. It''s your sort of silly, glib response that epitomises the smart-arsed, sarky spirit that pervades this MB.

[/quote]Love the irony Al.......

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

I didn''t think that his comment was sarky but was a fair point.  If I was able to thow a £100 at NCFC without any thought then I''d be happy to do it but I, like many of the other 18000+ season ticket holders struggle to find the money for our tickets let alone think about shares and any other philanthropic gestures.  After all, most of us don''t own poultry businesses!

No i think Al''s statement is fair. I''d stick 100 in if all the fans did even though i don''t have a lot of spare cash.

I certainly wouldn''t bother throwing 100 in for the sake of it just because i had the money without thinking there would be some point to it.

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

BANG ,NAIL,HEAD.....

[/quote]

Sorry, but I don''t understand the logic of this. Why does Tilson think that if MF can afford to put in £1M now he should have done this before ? If Tilson is such a philanthopist why doesn''t he throw in his wedge ? I am a staunch supporter of NCFC and have my 100 shares. I am prepared to stick in £100 now if the other 18K+ season ticket holders all put in £100 as well. Then we would have £1.85 million transfer kitty.

[/quote]

A £1.85 million transfer kitty?

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

I didn''t think that his comment was sarky but was a fair point.  If I was able to thow a £100 at NCFC without any thought then I''d be happy to do it but I, like many of the other 18000+ season ticket holders struggle to find the money for our tickets let alone think about shares and any other philanthropic gestures.  After all, most of us don''t own poultry businesses!

[/quote]

Sorry, IMO, the comment was supercilious at best. I didn''t say that I had money to throw at NCFC that''s the glib construction you decided to take on my message. None of your business of course but I don''t have a great deal of spare cash but as I invest alot of my time in supporting Norwich and I have derived huge pleasure from doing so over the years (not much at the moment though) I would be prepared to "put in" £100 if all the season ticket holders did the same. £100 on it''s own wouldn''t make a spit of difference which is why I suggested what I did. 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I did not say that you had money to throw at NCFC, that is the glib construction you decided to take on my message....[/quote]Speaking of glib constructions SoB, any news on your shiny new yellow seat ?

Blimey did somebody on this thread swallow a thesaurus? I''ve always liked the word supercilious though and it''s not one that is used often enough,please tell me you use it when chasing chavs around Norwich city centre or in the street/village you live in. [:D]

For what it''s worth, I don''t think the money is Foulger''s - I think the money is from the sales of Delia''s last book, but because everybody despises her & Michael,  Foulger is being used as a pawn as such.

I tell you what would be a good bit in the EDP - a page three like in the Sun - for local girls.

And what would local girls want a page 3 for

As for this debate who''s paying what, I have always said I have no objection to letting my 20% go to Gunn''s transfer fund as long as that is where it goes, and not into the Kitchen for new pots and pans, And on that note If all of the S T holders were to give up the 10 or 20% would the club allow the fans to have more of a say on who was bought with that money by way of a ballot,

I have no idea about politics or high flying business, but I do have the greatest passion for my club and if by giving my 20% back to the club will help then I will, But at the end of the day we have been suffering bad decision makeing for the last 13 years, how can we be sure that this is not going to be another, And I do wish Tilston would shut his mouth and give his arse a chance