Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

And now the taxman starts chasing football clubs for the money they are owed......

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Should be interesting as Football League clubs in all divisions owe the Inland Revenue at least £50m and that is probably a considerable underestimate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/accrington_stanley/8074065.stm

[/quote]Here''s a thought, if all clubs in a league were to go into administration at the same time, what could the league do ?  I guess they''d just all start on -10.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Should be interesting as Football League clubs in all divisions owe the Inland Revenue at least £50m and that is probably a considerable underestimate.

[/quote]

Here''s a thought, if all clubs in a league were to go into administration at the same time, what could the league do ?  I guess they''d just all start on -10.
[/quote]

We''ve been told that the Inland Revenue have been told to go on the warpath - in which case Accies is merely the first of many.  I personally believe that the Inland Revenue are themselves partly to blame because no one else in business would be allowed to get away with it for so long. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Here''s a thought, if all clubs in a league were to go into administration at the same time, what could the league do ?  I guess they''d just all start on -10.
[/quote]

We''ve been told that the Inland Revenue have been told to go on the warpath - in which case Accies is merely the first of many.  I personally believe that the Inland Revenue are themselves partly to blame because no one else in business would be allowed to get away with it for so long. 

[/quote]

Go for the ickle Accies as they''re an easy target....What about the big guns? Nah, they can hire clever people who know the legal loopholes....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go for the ickle Accies as they''re an easy target....What about the big guns? Nah, they can hire clever people who know the legal loopholes....

[/quote]

I know what you mean but there aren''t many legal loopholes to not paying your National Insurance or tax if you are an employer.  I think you will find bigger guns hit with demands.  The taxman has never accepted: "I''m sorry, I had to spend it on something else" as an excuse. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The ickle Accies know the rules and they haven''t paid up, even one of their bosses said the same thing, just because they are ickle, does not give them the right to not pay. I pay, so should they.............