Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

The Chirp's Summer Transfer Special

Hi there,

I have posted a new blog on the Chirp.

It''s a realistic look at who the Canaries should be after this summer.

Please take a look and please feel free to write under the blog about those you agree with and those you do not... Or even add some yourself!

http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/thechirp.aspx  (copy and paste)

Also, I have written a season review which can be found there as well.

Hope you''re enjoying the lovely weather!

James

Is half of it missing?  You only mention keepers and defenders???

Very good mate. On paper, a lot of the these look good and the sort of player we should be looking at. Wing the email of to Gunn.

Nutter in defence, got to be worth 100 grand of anyones'' money, just for the name !  Think of the shirts you could sell with "NUTTER" on the back...

he''s very good as well... I was chatting to him after the bury league game and i think he wouldn''t mind a move to us... however now the gills are up and we''re in the same league... maybe not? worth a call though for gunny!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Very good mate. On paper, a lot of the these look good and the sort of player we should be looking at. Wing the email of to Gunn.[/quote]

I know that Doomcaster always had a very accesible email address... does anyone know Gunn''s to send this off to him... could be the type of thing that he would take into account!

[quote user="The Chirp"]he''s very good as well... I was chatting to him after the bury league game and i think he wouldn''t mind a move to us... however now the gills are up and we''re in the same league... maybe not? worth a call though for gunny![/quote]I''d like to think that we could offer him more potential than Gillingham, if of course we are interested... [:)]  I''d hope that we will be top end and they will be mid-table / bottom end of the league.Funny thing, hope.

There''s a higher chance he''ll be interested in Gillingham because there''s bigger hills in Kent than in Norfolk.

[quote user="Shyster"]There''s a higher chance he''ll be interested in Gillingham because there''s bigger hills in Kent than in Norfolk.[/quote]Good point - I believe that Carrow Road is the only football league ground below sea level in the UK.  This might make us look like a smaller club, as we''re actually lower.  Do you think this is where the "little old Norwich" thing comes from ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Nutter in defence, got to be worth 100 grand of anyones'' money, just for the name !  Think of the shirts you could sell with "NUTTER" on the back..[/quote]like your thinking blah [Y][Y][Y]

Agree, get rid of those 2 and the others would be a good choice. If you look at how Preston and to some extent Cardif, they seem to get a lot of players from the lower leagues and they do well. Better scouting I would imagine.

Way back since I can remember, I have always been a bigger fan of the lower league players than the big signings, good job now, but you look at some of the players we got in the late 80''s and early 90''s, look at Gary Holt. There is something about getting players and making them good, always ended up with them being sold, but hey ho.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

andy marshall NO!!!

sam parkin NO!!!

apart from that a few good players on there.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/thechirp.aspx        working link [Y]

[/quote]aha great thanks for the workable link... the reason i put parkin was simply as he was an old target who were looking at paying over half a million for... not for one min would he be my first option... however without knowing bryans transfer budget its hard to tell if we''re looking at graham and le fondre or parkin and main. The marshall shout i knew wouldn''t be popular... he''s a bit of an idiot... however, he''s a good keeper and on a free. It''s about results at the end of the day and if does the business on the pitch and/or helps rudd along the way i can over look his past mistake (he must know that it was by now...?!)

I heard this but i couldn''t find it on the net. Thanks for confirming it. I knew he had a back problem but wasn''t sure what his situation was. Swap his nmae for Colgan then :-) ... although he might retire too! Jimmy Walker is another name i''d put a circle round... small but a good keeper.

From your list, Asa Hall, should be a priority target - his positioning is excellent, he is good in possession and very rarely loses the ball - he''s adept with both feet, meaning he can switch the play from left to right with ease - give him the licence to roam all over the pitch and he won''t use it as an excuse to become lazy defensively and go missing (like many we''ve witnessed) - he''s a strong runner and is also very good with his head.Asa Hall is the type of commanding/attacking midfielder we''ve been missing for years.