Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

'Going Up Up Up' 2003-04 season book.

I randomly had a flick through this book last night. A review of our championship winning season in pictures. It''s so very depressing, though. We were winning almost every game! Scores such as 4-0 away at Derby, the double over Ipswich, and countless others. It also covers each signing as they come to Carrow Road. Seeing Harper, Huckerby, Crouch, McKenzie and Svensson join during the season brought back some good memories.

However, the real point I wanted to make was regarding the signing of Leon McKenzie. I didn''t take any notice of this at the time, and I''m sure their is a reasonable explanation. But how did we sign him permanently before the january transfer window? On the 11th of December to be precise. With him also making his debut against Ipswich on the 21st December - before the window. That just didn''t make much sense to me. I''m sure somebody will know how.

Anyway, if you have this book it''s well worth a flick through. Just as a reminder of an excellent season. The best I''ve had as a Norwich fan in my lifetime.

[quote user="6th May 1939"]Because the transfer window did not apply to first division clubs then.[/quote]

Oh really? Well I never realised that one. Cheers [Y]

im reading Iwans book again... brings back some happy memories of some gret times but also makes me sad to realise just where the football club has ended up.

Fleming, Mackay, Green, Huckerby, Roberts, Crouch, Harper, Francis....

what would we give to be able to wind the clock back now?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im reading Iwans book again... brings back some happy memories of some gret times but also makes me sad to realise just where the football club has ended up.

Fleming, Mackay, Green, Huckerby, Roberts, Crouch, Harper, Francis....

what would we give to be able to wind the clock back now?

jas :)

[/quote]

Iwans book was excellent. Although Jas, note the part were he mentions the Snakepit as the part of the ground were all the die hard fans are [;)] [:P]

Yeah i know how you feel. Some of the games mentioned in the book bought back great memories. If only we looked like being able to have a season like that again soon [:''(]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I randomly had a flick through this book last night. A review of our championship winning season in pictures. It''s so very depressing, though. We were winning almost every game! Scores such as 4-0 away at Derby, the double over Ipswich, and countless others. It also covers each signing as they come to Carrow Road. Seeing Harper, Huckerby, Crouch, McKenzie and Svensson join during the season brought back some good memories.

However, the real point I wanted to make was regarding the signing of Leon McKenzie. I didn''t take any notice of this at the time, and I''m sure their is a reasonable explanation. But how did we sign him permanently before the january transfer window? On the 11th of December to be precise. With him also making his debut against Ipswich on the 21st December - before the window. That just didn''t make much sense to me. I''m sure somebody will know how.

Anyway, if you have this book it''s well worth a flick through. Just as a reminder of an excellent season. The best I''ve had as a Norwich fan in my lifetime.

[/quote]

was a good team!!

was he a free agent??

I was just watching the Youtube clip of the Play Off final against Birmingham and is it just me that thinks that The Millenium Statium looks so much better than the new Wembley?

It seems far noisier and just seem to look so much better to me.