Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Possible first signing on the way.....

Link to this:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED28%20May%202009%2019%3A09%3A08%3A703

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED28%20May%202009%2019%3A09%3A08%3A703

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]MK supporting mate reckons he is quality and would be gutted if he left.[/quote]

you seem to have a mate from every team!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]MK supporting mate reckons he is quality and would be gutted if he left.[/quote]

you seem to have a mate from every team!

[/quote]

Probably because I work in London and live in Beds, there are many other people who support other teams. You know there are more teams than Norwich!!!!!!

By the way, he is a season ticket holder. Is that ok with you?

Aah but it is not as simple as choose Cardiff or L1.

Playing every week in L1 or squad player and backup at Cardiff? That might be the choice and I know which I would pick.....sadly though the modern player would just look at the wages

True. It depends on whether he will get a place in the starting 11. The other thing is that he is not exactly a spring chicken and will want to move up as soon as possible. It will take some good talking by us.

If he was so loody good for MK Dons then why have they offered him  one year deal?More cast offs for us.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Aah but it is not as simple as choose Cardiff or L1.

Playing every week in L1 or squad player and backup at Cardiff? That might be the choice and I know which I would pick.....sadly though the modern player would just look at the wages

[/quote]Exactly.

[quote user="ACE"]If he was so loody good for MK Dons then why have they offered him  one year deal?

More cast offs for us.
[/quote]

Not every Club has a Board and Management Team as astute as ours.

[quote user="ACE"]If he was so loody good for MK Dons then why have they offered him  one year deal?More cast offs for us.[/quote]

Many lower league teams, particularly those who have, or have had financial difficulties only offer 1 year deals to their players. They can sell them in January if they are a huge hit, they don''t have to commit to them if they are pants, and at the end of the season, they know they have to play well if they want to stay, or find another club. It''s a way of protecting long term finances.

MK Dons are expecting promotion next season and have offered several of there standard league 1 players 1 year contracts...

Anyone that is good enough to play in the championship would have got a better deal.

This spanish guy is settled in England and the area and wants a bit more security.

Would be a perfect move for him to come to Norwich, would would give him a 4 year contract on a good salary and he can sit back and enjoy the benefits...

I''d be more then happy for this guy to come here, I just think we handle our contracts extremely badly.

We would probably pay his agent a few hundred thousand for the few hours he spent getting the guy here a well...

[quote user="supercol"]Oh for f*cks sake, we could sign Tevez and Ronaldo and people would still moan, get real .[/quote] Thing is every summer we have people on here telling us what fantastic players we have just signed and how we will walk the league the next season , truth is just about all of them turn out to be crap and with Oddjob doing the hiring this season expect even worse.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="supercol"]Oh for f*cks sake, we could sign Tevez and Ronaldo and people would still moan, get real .[/quote] Thing is every summer we have people on here telling us what fantastic players we have just signed and how we will walk the league the next season , truth is just about all of them turn out to be crap and with Oddjob doing the hiring this season expect even worse.
[/quote]

But there is no balance is there? I agree that some of the players, no most, have been shiite, but instead of slagging the player of before he has even kicked the ball, we should reserve judgement on the other side we should not say that he is the best player since sliced Best.

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

My mate is also a Dons season ticket holder and he says he was his player of the season!

[/quote]Fair point, but,  Croft was POTS here and anybody would think he was our worst player judging by comments just before he left.