Sign in to follow this  

Just heard Mr Tilson on Radio 5, in my opinion he failed miserably to make a coherent argument for snubbing Mr Foulger''s offer and it all sounded a bit I''m going home and taking my ball with me, frankly embarrassing.

No malice to Mr Tilson who I appreciate has put a lot of time and effort into NCISA but as fan''s I believe we need better representation

I like John, but can see where you are coming from.

Andy Larkin should be a leader of one of these groups, he is such a good speaker with a lot of very good points to make. 

For those that want to listen again to the interview it is available on the BBC i-player and is 1 hour 22 minutes into the Radio 5Live - Drive show.

[quote user="Ren"]

I like John, but can see where you are coming from.

Andy Larkin should be a leader of one of these groups, he is such a good speaker with a lot of very good points to make. 

[/quote]

Was he the one that said the fans should do “everything to make her life unbearable”?

Well he was certainly the one who picked me up on using that quote ''selectively''.Funny thing was that I just used what was printed in the press - he insisted that part of the quote should have been "within the boundaries of the law" or some such. Shows how careful you have to be I suppose when you''ve got the invited media hoardes present!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00kmdwl/5_live_Drive_29_05_2009/1 hour 22 minutes 45 seconds inI didn''t think he did badly at all.

Aasmah Mir made him sound like a dick

He didn''t really have any reason for taking his money back other then to hurt the board.

I thought the whole point of getting the rebate was so that the supporters club could buy a bigger stake in City??

[quote user="LQ"]Well he was certainly the one who picked me up on using that quote ''selectively''.

Funny thing was that I just used what was printed in the press - he insisted that part of the quote should have been "within the boundaries of the law" or some such. Shows how careful you have to be I suppose when you''ve got the invited media hoardes present!

[/quote]

I would have used it selectively.[:D]

As would any media - it''s the most obvious trick in the book (no offence!)[;)]

[quote user="Badger"]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00kmdwl/5_live_Drive_29_05_2009/

1 hour 22 minutes 45 seconds in

I didn''t think he did badly at all.

[/quote]

I didn''t think he did too badly either but guess whatever he says and does he won''t please everyone especially the NCISA bashers.

Not an easy job that hes got is it??

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Badger"]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00kmdwl/5_live_Drive_29_05_2009/

1 hour 22 minutes 45 seconds in

I didn''t think he did badly at all.

[/quote]

I didn''t think he did too badly either but guess whatever he says and does he won''t please everyone especially the NCISA bashers.

Not an easy job that hes got is it??

[/quote]

I didn''t say it was an easy job and wouldn''t class myself as a NCISA basher, but if you are putting yourself forward on national radio as the spokesperson of probably our most widely known supporters group, then I think you ought to make sure you are properly prepared.

What would you have said differently then in those few mins??

Not sure how any of us would have coped if our mobile phone had rung and we discovered when answering it was bbc radio wanting to do a live interview there and then .

I would have said, it is a very generous offer from a fellow fan and although what we feel we really need is a change of leadership at the very top of the club, we also live in the real world and realise that this is not going to happen overnight in the current financial climate. 

Being that this is the case it is imperative that everything is done in the meantime to try and re-establish ourselves in the championship so as to make ourselves a more attractive proposition to potential investors and if my £80 can help that cause by becoming £160 ring fenced for the playing budget then excellent.

If I and everyone else take the rebate then we will be seeing an even lower standard of football, so rather than cut off my nose to spite my face having obviously already paid out for a season ticket I’m going to let the club keep the rebate.

However should we find ourselves in this situation again a rebate will not be an issue as my season ticket will not be renewed.

"Not sure how any of us would have coped if our mobile phone had rung and we discovered when answering it was bbc radio wanting to do a live interview there and then"

Then don''t put yourself up to be Chairman of a Supporter''s Group then - surely speaking to the press/media goes with the territory?

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

I would have said, it is a very generous offer from a fellow fan and although what we feel we really need is a change of leadership at the very top of the club, we also live in the real world and realise that this is not going to happen overnight in the current financial climate. 

Being that this is the case it is imperative that everything is done in the meantime to try and re-establish ourselves in the championship so as to make ourselves a more attractive proposition to potential investors and if my £80 can help that cause by becoming £160 ring fenced for the playing budget then excellent.

If I and everyone else take the rebate then we will be seeing an even lower standard of football, so rather than cut off my nose to spite my face having obviously already paid out for a season ticket I’m going to let the club keep the rebate.

However should we find ourselves in this situation again a rebate will not be an issue as my season ticket will not be renewed.

[/quote]

But you''ve had plenty of time to think about it whereas Mr Tilson had a split minute.

Metatron - If you think you can do better then come to the NCISA AGM in Oct and put your name forward to take his place.

But you''ve had plenty of time to think about it whereas Mr Tilson had a split minute.

I would have thought that someone in that position, who after all has given their phone number to the media, would have had a cohesive position ready to impart when they rang over 24 hours after Mr Foulger’s offer was made.