Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

Where is my rebate letter?

I was told it was being sent out on Tuesday evening, yet I haven''t received it yet. I will definately be claiming my rebate, I can think of better things to spend it on rather than giving it to the Odd Jobs Man to p*ss up the wall.

I received mine yesterday but I had paid up front in cash. A member of family who''s paying by direct debit hasn''t got theirs yet... maybe something to do with that?

[quote user="jbghost"]Direct Debit payers are not getting a refund. They get the chance of reduced payments for rest of year.[/quote]

Is that confirmed???

[quote user="canaryspike7"]I was told it was being sent out on Tuesday evening, yet I haven''t received it yet. I will definately be claiming my rebate, I can think of better things to spend it on rather than giving it to the Odd Jobs Man to p*ss up the wall.[/quote]

My letter arrived this morning. Hopefully the club saved money by sending it second class but I did not check. A very healthy rebate. Watching Norwich is a very cheap afternoon out. They ought to double the prices.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]I was told it was being sent out on Tuesday evening, yet I haven''t received it yet. I will definately be claiming my rebate, I can think of better things to spend it on rather than giving it to the Odd Jobs Man to p*ss up the wall.[/quote]

there keeping it UNLUCKY

[quote user="Bobert"]

My letter arrived this morning. Hopefully the club saved money by sending it second class but I did not check. A very healthy rebate. Watching Norwich is a very cheap afternoon out. They ought to double the prices.

[/quote]

I think they should quadruple them....Then only rich and affluent folk like myself - can have the stadium, all to ourselves.....

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Why not increase the prices by twenty fold? The prawn sandwich brigade can then enjoy the rubbish football that we had to watch for most of last season.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]Where is my rebate letter?[/quote]Dunno, I''m not your sodding postman... [:P]

Joe Ferrari has just confirmed on Official Board that letters confirming the mechanism to reclaim rebate have now been sent out

A deadline of 19th June 2009 for action is a stipulation so anyone on the fence has just over a fortnight to make their mind up or the club retains the monies

[quote user="jbghost"]Direct Debit payers are not getting a refund. They get the chance of reduced payments for rest of year.[/quote]

that isnt true... and if it is then im cancelling my direct debit and taking the money.. B****ks to the board!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

that isnt true... and if it is then im cancelling my direct debit and taking the money.. B****ks to the board!

[/quote]

I dont know if it is true or not, havent had my letter. I pay by DD and cant see any difference to a lump sum or the equivalent monthly reductions.

Why do you have such an issue with it

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I dont know if it is true or not, havent had my letter. I pay by DD and cant see any difference to a lump sum or the equivalent monthly reductions.

[/quote]because the money "has all been budgeted for" and i need it for something now.... reducing monthly payments makes no difference to me....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]because the money "has all been budgeted for" and i need it for something now.... reducing monthly payments makes no difference to me....

[/quote]

It doesnt take a genius. I take it you have paid 1 third of your season ticket? is that right?

Therefore if you have paid 33% of the total, yet they are giving you 15% of the total, then you could cancel your direct debit after the first one having watched a fair few games for a pittance.

Why should you be entitled to a refund on something that you havent yet paid for?  If you bought a sofa from DFS on a finance agreement, and it was faulty, lets say it cost £800 and you had paid £100 up front.

If you took that sofa back and demanded a refund, then they are going to give you £100 and tell you to cancel the direct debits. They arent going to give you £800 in cash are they?

Just rang ticket office. All letters have not been sent out yet and those who pay by DD will have their monthly payments reduced if they want the rebate.

I pay by DD and am expecting to have a portion sliced off the monthly payments rather than one lump cash sum. If there''s a letter waiting for me when I get home I shall share it with you all.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Guess you wont be having a season ticket next year then?  Or was your outburst just that?

You know what I can see happening here. The club will take its time sending the letters so that alot of supporters dont get the letter till after the deadline and then ofcourse they will just keep the money and say we cant have the rebate

This morning I received my Season ticket 2009-10 rebate application form - and have signed, sealed and dispatched it forthwith to the sender.....

It''s mine, and they''re not having it!

[/quote]

[/quote]How can they give you back money you haven''t even paid yet?It''s simple, if you pay by installments you''ll get the rebate in the same way.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]I pay by DD and am expecting to have a portion sliced off the monthly payments rather than one lump cash sum. If there''s a letter waiting for me when I get home I shall share it with you all.[/quote]

That''s very generous Pete........I''ll have a large one.

Oh, you meant you''d share the letter? Doh !!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]I pay by DD and am expecting to have a portion sliced off the monthly payments rather than one lump cash sum. If there''s a letter waiting for me when I get home I shall share it with you all.[/quote]

[/quote]

Very good.

Nothing in the snail mail - no surprise there.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Very good.

Nothing in the snail mail - no surprise there.

[/quote]When I asked office today as to when would receive letter, they just said it would be "soon". Not all been sent out yet.

I''ve got my letter, it was stuck in the letterbox and didn''t find it until after lunch.

£85.40 which I''m going to pur towards a sat nav system which I''ve been wanting for ages [:D]

Got mine tonight!.  I am suprised no one has mentioned that the returning cheques will be dispatched before 1 Aug.  So that will be late July then!

The club are getting the following contained in a letter from me as to why they are not getting my rebate.

1, Brian Gunn

2, This is L1 and I am paying L1 prices thank you very much.

3, We have far and away the most season ticket holders in this league yet the club have reduced ourselves to begging!

4, Gunn is building a team to "complete in this league", he should be building a squad to get straight up! Show some ambission City and I might have backed you!

5, If they had send me the money back as I assumed they would rather than make me wait & beg, I may have just let them keep it

6, Over the last 25 years I have bought many STs, attended many away games, bought dvds and shirts etc as well as buying two lots of shares (far more than four each time as well).  There comes a time when enough is enough and I am not giving them more £££s to spend on loans who dont even want to be here!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve got my letter, it was stuck in the letterbox and didn''t find it until after lunch.

£85.40 which I''m going to pur towards a sat nav system which I''ve been wanting for ages [:D]

[/quote]

You must sit in the posh seats[D]

[quote user="Ren"]

Got mine tonight!.  I am suprised no one has mentioned that the returning cheques will be dispatched before 1 Aug.  So that will be late July then!

The club are getting the following contained in a letter from me as to why they are not getting my rebate.

1, Brian Gunn

2, This is L1 and I am paying L1 prices thank you very much.

3, We have far and away the most season ticket holders in this league yet the club have reduced ourselves to begging!

4, Gunn is building a team to "complete in this league", he should be building a squad to get straight up! Show some ambission City and I might have backed you!

5, If they had send me the money back as I assumed they would rather than make me wait & beg, I may have just let them keep it

6, Over the last 25 years I have bought many STs, attended many away games, bought dvds and shirts etc as well as buying two lots of shares (far more than four each time as well).  There comes a time when enough is enough and I am not giving them more £££s to spend on loans who dont even want to be here!

[/quote]

They sound like enough reasons to cash in the whole ticket Ren.

Do ST holders realise that''s an option?

Personally I do realise that it as an option, but I guess after 25 years I am in to deep.  For all my moaning I do still enjoy my Saturdays supporting the club, more often  than not the bit before 3pm and after 5pm, so I will stick with it for another year!  Plus as I have been going so long we have some of the very best seats in the Barclay right behind the goal (above the bar), once I let them go, Ill probably never get them back!

What are you doing for tickets next season Nutty? 

[quote user="Ren"]

Personally I do realise that it as an option, but I guess after 25 years I am in to deep.  For all my moaning I do still enjoy my Saturdays supporting the club, more often  than not the bit before 3pm and after 5pm, so I will stick with it for another year!  Plus as I have been going so long we have some of the very best seats in the Barclay right behind the goal (above the bar), once I let them go, Ill probably never get them back!

What are you doing for tickets next season Nutty? 

[/quote]

You can keep the best seat mate because I''ve got the best standing position in the Barclay[;)] And I''m keeping it!!

I''m not renewing my away ticket though. It''s become increasingly difficult to get away on a Saturday. I only got to 14 last season and only 4 of them were Saturdays. So I''ll be a "10 stub away fan" next season. But I''ll make every Tuesday night game, paint pot included!

As for the rebate, I will consider it again when I finally receive the letter from the club. At the moment I''m still inclined to take it but I believe the Foulger thing has merit, but would have had more merit if it was something available to all fans. I do think that Foulger will be puting his share in regardless.

Like you, I''m in way to deep to get out. We must be due another good season soon!