Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Jackson Ram? - I Think? Academy?

I think that was his name. I''m not entirely sure. For those interested, he was in the academy, but got released. Apparently not good enough? Well Blackburn have signed him.Source? I spoke to his mother whilst i was working today. Basically, was serving her and a younger son was in a norwich kit so i started a conversation. It may well be made up, but i can''t see why or how a random mum would come up with such a story [:)]

Surname: Ramm
First name: Jackson
Pseudonym:
Jackson Ramm Date of birth: -
Age-group: 1993
Size: 0
Nationality: England
Position: Defender
Club: Blackburn Rovers F.C. Blackburn Rovers F.C.
A-National player: no

Views: 792

Rate player:

19 ratings ø 3.95

And:

return to the homepage

quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="249" height="150">

Norwich''s Jackson Ramm set for Blackburn Rovers chance

15-year-old  Jackson Ramm has put pen to paper on a two-year academy contract with Premier League Blackburn Rovers. after being let go by coaches at Norwich City.
15-year-old Jackson Ramm has put pen to paper on a two-year academy contract with Premier League Blackburn Rovers. after being let go by coaches at Norwich City.

12 March 2009

Young footballer Jackson Ramm could be running out at Old Trafford and Anfield after signing for Premier League Blackburn Rovers.

The 15-year-old has put pen to paper on a two-year academy contract with the former top flight winners, after being let go by coaches at Norwich City.

“I can''t wait, it will be an amazing experience,” said Jackson, who can play at either right-back or in midfield and hopes his move at the start of pre-season training will give him the opportunity to emulate his idol, David Beckham.

“I love the way he plays and everything he does, but my first aim is to earn a professional contract with Blackburn,” he added.

Jackson spent four years at the MNN Advanced Soccer School in Trowse where, as a nine-year-old, he found himself playing for the under-13 team.

His performances at MNN earned him a move to the Norwich City Academy at Colney, and although things did not quite work out for Jackson there, he was soon picked up by Cambridge United.

“The coaching I have had at all levels, from MNN through to Cambridge, has been amazing but my parents have played the biggest role, as they drove me everywhere I needed,” he said.

Due to their non-league status, Cambridge receive no funding for their youth development schemes - meaning Jackson''s talent clearly made an impression on the scouts at the Abbey Stadium.

Add to that the fact Blackburn are paying United compensation to sign the Dereham youngster - even though they are not obliged to - it all points to a highly regarded young player.

Jackson''s coach at MNN, Mal Lysons, agrees.

“He has taken knocks on the way, but has picked himself up again, and I can see great things for him in the future,” said Lysons. “Other players have come through the system, but Jackson is the first to attract interest from Premier League clubs. He is definitely one of the best I''ve seen.”

The youngster will remain at Cambridge for the rest of the current season, and first came to the football world''s attention when he spent the summer of 2008 with the Manchester United youth set-up taking part in the Nike Cup, the aim of which is to give talented under-15 footballers the opportunity to display their skills against the best in the world.

Following on from this he played a big part in Cambridge''s run in the FA Youth Cup, where they reached the second round proper.

It was during this run that Jackson was tracked by numerous scouts and, on the back of his performances, received offers from West Bromwich Albion and the Canaries, but decided to continue his footballing education at Blackburn''s academy.

• The aim of MNN Advanced Soccer is to take local players and help them to make the next step - getting into clubs'' football academies.

Who is the poster that comes on here that knows the academy well?  Is it Birdman?  Thoughts please!

[quote user="hogesar"]I think that was his name. I''m not entirely sure. For those interested, he was in the academy, but got released. Apparently not good enough? Well Blackburn have signed him.

Source? I spoke to his mother whilst i was working today. Basically, was serving her and a younger son was in a norwich kit so i started a conversation. It may well be made up, but i can''t see why or how a random mum would come up with such a story [:)]
    [/quote]

But he was released two years ago, and it looks like we tried to sign him back if you read the whole article through. He has been playing for Cambridge for the last two years.

A lot can change in two years, how do we know that the right back that will be playing in our under 16s next year (where Jackson Ramm would be if he had signed back) isnt going to be better than him in two or three years?

Fair play to the lad for getting a Blackburn deal but he rejected a move back to us despite coming from Dereham, so im not going to go as far as to say good luck.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="hogesar"]I think that was his name. I''m not entirely sure. For those interested, he was in the academy, but got released. Apparently not good enough? Well Blackburn have signed him.Source? I spoke to his mother whilst i was working today. Basically, was serving her and a younger son was in a norwich kit so i started a conversation. It may well be made up, but i can''t see why or how a random mum would come up with such a story [:)][/quote]

But he was released two years ago, and it looks like we tried to sign him back if you read the whole article through. He has been playing for Cambridge for the last two years.

A lot can change in two years, how do we know that the right back that will be playing in our under 16s next year (where Jackson Ramm would be if he had signed back) isnt going to be better than him in two or three years?

Fair play to the lad for getting a Blackburn deal but he rejected a move back to us despite coming from Dereham, so im not going to go as far as to say good luck.

[/quote]Yeah, i apologise. She never said it was 2 years ago so i assumed it was much more recent. I''d never actually heard of him you see [:)]

Cue the ''we should have kept him, he will be the best thing since Paul Hayes'' posts for the next 10 years.

Good luck to the lad.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="hogesar"]I think that was his name. I''m not entirely sure. For those interested, he was in the academy, but got released. Apparently not good enough? Well Blackburn have signed him.

Source? I spoke to his mother whilst i was working today. Basically, was serving her and a younger son was in a norwich kit so i started a conversation. It may well be made up, but i can''t see why or how a random mum would come up with such a story [:)]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, i apologise. She never said it was 2 years ago so i assumed it was much more recent. I''d never actually heard of him you see [:)]
    [/quote]

Well if you meet her again, then ask her why he didnt sign for us! She obviously hasnt raised him as a City fan!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Cue the ''we should have kept him, he will be the best thing since Paul Hayes'' posts for the next 10 years.

Good luck to the lad.

[/quote]

Who was the 14 year old that Man Utd stole from us and who ended up playing in non league? I remember that being front page news in Evening News and EDP......

Think his name was Kalem Moonariuk or something like that........ goes to show!

What on earth is going on at the academy!? Is Ricky Martin just an utter joke, or what? We let go of one of our brightest prospects in Cooper, we then let go of our top goalscorer in the youth academy this season (his name escapes me), and i could swear we let go of an individual that soon got picked up by the Rangers youth system not so long ago?I''m not turning a blind eye to our cup run and youth league position recently, but i''m convinced there is a degree of incompetence somewhere in the academy at the moment, in that we are most defintely losing some valuable talent.

[quote user="John"]What on earth is going on at the academy!? Is Ricky Martin just an utter joke, or what? We let go of one of our brightest prospects in Cooper, we then let go of our top goalscorer in the youth academy this season (his name escapes me), and i could swear we let go of an individual that soon got picked up by the Rangers youth system not so long ago?I''m not turning a blind eye to our cup run and youth league position recently, but i''m convinced there is a degree of incompetence somewhere in the academy at the moment, in that we are most defintely losing some valuable talent.[/quote]the youth set up has been badly run for years, some come and go...... but it is annoying when the get snapped up by other teams!! it seem to happen more and more!

[quote user="John"]What on earth is going on at the academy!?

Is Ricky Martin just an utter joke, or what? We let go of one of our brightest prospects in Cooper, we then let go of our top goalscorer in the youth academy this season (his name escapes me), and i could swear we let go of an individual that soon got picked up by the Rangers youth system not so long ago?

I''m not turning a blind eye to our cup run and youth league position recently, but i''m convinced there is a degree of incompetence somewhere in the academy at the moment, in that we are most defintely losing some valuable talent.
    [/quote]

Shut up you clueless muppet. We sign players that have signed for other clubs, Tom Adeyemi was signed after being released by Charlton. He is 15 years old and still has a slim chance of making the final cut.

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/mooniaruck.htm

If in doubt, read about this fella.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="John"]What on earth is going on at the academy!?

Is Ricky Martin just an utter joke, or what? We let go of one of our brightest prospects in Cooper, we then let go of our top goalscorer in the youth academy this season (his name escapes me), and i could swear we let go of an individual that soon got picked up by the Rangers youth system not so long ago?

I''m not turning a blind eye to our cup run and youth league position recently, but i''m convinced there is a degree of incompetence somewhere in the academy at the moment, in that we are most defintely losing some valuable talent.
    [/quote]

the youth set up has been badly run for years, some come and go...... but it is annoying when the get snapped up by other teams!! it seem to happen more and more!
    [/quote]

The only decent academy player to slip through the net EVER is Bobby Zamora. Name anybody else? Ali Gibb and Paul Hayes were both 18 when released, go on then, who else has gone on to become a good player? You cant, so shut it.

He and his coaches see him every day, none of us have  probably ever seen any of them. Yes, he was released, but he went to Cam U and could have improved more than anticpated. He may do bugger all, he may become an England regular, hey that is life. Some you win and some you lose. No point making a big fuss about something most of us don''t know jack about.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]He and his coaches see him every day, none of us have  probably ever seen any of them. Yes, he was released, but he went to Cam U and could have improved more than anticpated. He may do bugger all, he may become an England regular, hey that is life. Some you win and some you lose. No point making a big fuss about something most of us don''t know jack about.[/quote]

Exactly, I''d never heard of him before this thread, and im sure nobody else had on here either.

How one person who once played a few games can create mass hysteria and anti-ricky martin sentiments at 15 years old is beyond belief.

He if plays for England senior team I will eat my words. I will also give you odds of 1000 / 1 if anybody wants to take them.

[quote user="city till i die"]

yeah but look at the ones that we have signed, who other than bellamy and green has done anything???

not many

urrrrrrrrrrrrrr...joe lewis?

[/quote]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="city till i die"]

yeah but look at the ones that we have signed, who other than bellamy and green has done anything???

not many

[/quote][/quote]

Joe Lewis who was 18 or 19? Hardly an academy player mate. Were talking about somebody we signed from some Trowse academy at 13 and released the same year, if you can seriously compare that with Joe Lewis then you are clearly somebody that cant beat my tight argument, alas also somebody that cannot concede that they are both rash and wrong.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="city till i die"]

not many

[/quote][/quote]

Joe Lewis who was 18 or 19? Hardly an academy player mate. Were talking about somebody we signed from some Trowse academy at 13 and released the same year, if you can seriously compare that with Joe Lewis then you are clearly somebody that cant beat my tight argument, alas also somebody that cannot concede that they are both rash and wrong.

[/quote]

Sorry, sorry, sorry....... you were replying to somebody else, my bad [:$]

I can back up your argument though. Add Jason Shackell, Micheal Spillane, Danny Mills, Paul Hayes, Adi Gibbs, Che Wilson, Chris Llewellyn and Drewe Broughton to that list. All of whom have had, or look to have, successful careers in football.

I am not sure who the Muppet is as Tom Adeyemi has never played for Charlton, he has played for Norwich from a very young age. As for Jackson as soon as he was released by Ricky Martin Cambridge signed him up, he then played in an early FA youth cup game and Blackburn and Manchester United showed an interest in him, Cambridge kept hold of him for another season after an agreement with Blackburn, this also lead to a big fall out between Ricky Martin and Jez George the Cambridge head of youth as Ricky Martin new he had made yet another massive blunder and tried to get Jackson back...good luck to the lad, I not sure why people keep harping on about players ending up in non league as the majority of players end up there. In my opinion it just adds to all Ricky Martins blunders and just because the boys released end up in non league it does not make them lesser players than the ones kept on as there is a massive element of luck when you get to the level all the scholars achive.

I think you and Martin should have a fight. You don''t like him one bit and the winner gets the youth team job.

I am not sure why anyone would, he is smug, arrogant and has a terrible record of training youth team players, the only two that will make it in football from the current crop is the goalkeepers and he does not train these. I am not sure what he has done that so many people stick up for him, if he was the manager of Norwich he would have been sacked years ago, the boys deserve better.

Don''t know where John gets the idea that Cooper was our brightest star, never looked as if he would make a league player. If he was that brilliant I assume he would have signed for another club after being released. Davey was possibly worth a year and Tom Miller who went to Rangers was released by Roeder (injured in his first game incidently). I think Birdman is being harsh on the current crop, I can see several who could make a career. Trouble is you can''t be sure. The only 2 players I''ve seen play for the youth in the last 25 years that I would have bet my mortgage on at that stage were Bellamy & Green.

I would disagree with you slightly, Iwould not say he was our brightest star but I do not think there was anyone better than him in the youth team, as I have said many times it''s a very fine line and there is a massive element of luck. Only time will see if any of the current squad are good enough, I would say they have a better chance of getting a call up just because of the league we are in and the finances. But I could not see any of them in the championship.

As for Tom Miller he was released by Norwich and promptly snapped up by Glasgow Rangers and unless Roeder and Ricky Martin had a crystal ball he would not have been able to see that Tom was going to get a leg injury shortly after signing. Instead they signed the average players and let the better ones go

That was that for info, not saying they predicted it. My understanding is that Ricky Martin would have signed Miller it was Roeder who said no. But it seems to you eveything is Martins fault.

PS Was it all Ricky Martins fault there were no players coming through when Sammy Morgan & Adie Boothroyd were in charge