Sign in to follow this  
hardley

murder at the cup final

In front of 89,000 fans and a world wide T.V audience one of the great and uplifting traditions of the F.A. Cup Final was thrown out of the window, with the murder of the inspiring hymn "Abide with me" rendered by a choir in a puppet like fashion that bore little or no resemblance to the well loved original tune.

[quote user="hardley"]In front of 89,000 fans and a world wide T.V audience one of the great and uplifting traditions of the F.A. Cup Final was thrown out of the window, with the murder of the inspiring hymn "Abide with me" rendered by a choir in a puppet like fashion that bore little or no resemblance to the well loved original tune.[/quote]

You should know by now, hardley, that anything traditionally English is to be placed on the back burner in favour of the multicultural melting pot.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="hardley"]In front of 89,000 fans and a world wide T.V audience one of the great and uplifting traditions of the F.A. Cup Final was thrown out of the window, with the murder of the inspiring hymn "Abide with me" rendered by a choir in a puppet like fashion that bore little or no resemblance to the well loved original tune.[/quote]

You should know by now, hardley, that anything traditionally English is to be placed on the back burner in favour of the multicultural melting pot.[/quote]Bloody good job!