Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

My mate has jsut .......

Come back from a year away in America and the last news he heard was roeder was sacked?! He still thinks we in championship next season lmao how can i break it to him that the board messed up big time

[quote user="Norwich74"]Come back from a year away in America and the last news he heard was roeder was sacked?!
He still thinks we in championship next season lmao how can i break it to him that the board messed up big time
[/quote]

Surely if he hasn''t kept up with our relegation battle for the past couple of months over there he won''t be too bothered!

[quote user="Norwich74"]Come back from a year away in America and the last news he heard was roeder was sacked?!
He still thinks we in championship next season lmao how can i break it to him that the board messed up big time
[/quote]

You mate clearly doesnt care then, considering they have plenty of computers and telephones in America.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

You mate clearly doesnt care then, considering they have plenty of computers and telephones in America.

[/quote]

Agreed. No excuses just because someone was in the states...

If he was serving in Iraq or Afghanistan or stuck in North Korea then he would have a case, but hes been in one of the most developed countries in the world and hasnt thought to spend 5 minutes in an internet cafe googling Norwich?

[quote user="bullshead"]You lot take yourselves far too seriously. [/quote]

You could say that, or you could say that we have common sense and know a plastic fan when we see one?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="bullshead"]You lot take yourselves far too seriously. [/quote]

You could say that, or you could say that we have common sense and know a plastic fan when we see one?

[/quote]

a plastic fan or someone who went away, to enjoy a year out and not worry about anything to do with blighty?

I spent a month away there recently, hardly any internet cafes and my god, when you found them, they were expensive. I was in Vegas and the standard rate was $3 a minute in most places. Cost me a fortune trying to sort stuff out, I had the odd sneak look here thou.

[/quote]if he doesnt know...he isnt much of a fan!!!

[quote user="JimRoyle"]If this was the 1960s he could be forgiven for not being able to keep abreast of events at Carrow Road, but not in the modern era![/quote]The 60s wasn''t exactly the stone age. The press in the USA during the Victorian era was''nt too far behind with their news reports concerning Britain.

I can''t imagine NBC or whatever station and the New York Times etc reporting about Norwich in the 60''s thou.You would be hard pushed to find something about Man Utd or Barcelona. I bought LA''S leading sports paper and they had not one word about football.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I spent a month away there recently, hardly any internet cafes and my god, when you found them, they were expensive. I was in Vegas and the standard rate was $3 a minute in most places. Cost me a fortune trying to sort stuff out, I had the odd sneak look here thou.[/quote]

So the internet cafes were expensive, but you didnt make a single telephone call home?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I can''t imagine NBC or whatever station and the New York Times etc reporting about Norwich in the 60''s thou.You would be hard pushed to find something about Man Utd or Barcelona. I bought LA''S leading sports paper and they had not one word about football.[/quote]you mean sawker!

All this reminds me of Michael Parkinson''s oft-told story of the time in the 1960s when he was a young reporter in New York and was desperate to find out the score of his beloved Barnsley. He bought the New York Times and scanned it feverishly for the football results and finally found them at the bottom of the page in the tiniest type. To his horror, it read Barnsley 1 Stockport County 21 !!! In a panic he then made a very expensive transatlantic call home to find to his relief that it was a misprint and the game was in fact a 1-1 draw!! [:D]

[/quote]

Where''s he been ?............Guantanamo Bay ?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I spent a month away there recently, hardly any internet cafes and my god, when you found them, they were expensive. I was in Vegas and the standard rate was $3 a minute in most places. Cost me a fortune trying to sort stuff out, I had the odd sneak look here thou.[/quote]

So the internet cafes were expensive, but you didnt make a single telephone call home?

[/quote]

No, why would I want to call home? Its a holiday and I don''t want to know about reality. I can never fathom people who sit there and text and call people all day, F*** ''em, I''m on holiday. But I know the point your making.

LOL I lived in the States for 4 years and managed to keep up to date at all times !Following ''soccer'' was the only thing that kept me sane in the world of throw , bounce and hit ball ! Ice hockey was ok but without footy it was a hard time. I will even admit to actually watching a lot of Chelsea, Man Utd etc etc etc games, mainly because when there was ACTUALLY a game on in a bar id go just to watch a footy game rather than actually care who was playing.Also I went to Carrow Road to watch Norwich vs Arnhiem pre season friendly the day I got homeThank god for Mexico and the Mexicans though !! My neighbour was Mexican and had an illegal satalitte feed so I used to go round and watch Prem games most weekends with him and his mates, Mexican league is also not so bad ..... beggers couldnt be choosers !!Still.... no real excuse not to know whats up.Tell him we got promoted

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="Norwich74"]Come back from a year away in America and the last news he heard was roeder was sacked?! He still thinks we in championship next season lmao how can i break it to him that the board messed up big time [/quote]

Where''s he been ?............Guantanamo Bay ?

[/quote]

if only hes well annoying

[quote user="Norwich74"]Come back from a year away in America and the last news he heard was roeder was sacked?! He still thinks we in championship next season lmao how can i break it to him that the board messed up big time [/quote]

(irony)

Its understandable, virtually nobody has electricity over here.

We only just traded in our horse and cart 3 weeks ago.

I am even posting this message via morse code at the local telegraph station.

(/irony)

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Norwich74"]Come back from a year away in America and the last news he heard was roeder was sacked?! He still thinks we in championship next season lmao how can i break it to him that the board messed up big time [/quote]

(irony)

Its understandable, virtually nobody has electricity over here.

We only just traded in our horse and cart 3 weeks ago.

I am even posting this message via morse code at the local telegraph station.

(/irony)[/quote]Didn''t realise The Amish followed soccer

[quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Norwich74"]Come back from a year away in America and the last news he heard was roeder was sacked?!
[/quote] (irony) Its understandable, virtually nobody has electricity over here. We only just traded in our horse and cart 3 weeks ago. I am even posting this message via morse code at the local telegraph station. (/irony)[/quote]

Didn''t realise The Amish followed soccer
[/quote]

They are a hideously hyprocritical lot, I was stuck on a plane full of them from New York to London. Rude to everybody because they think they that everybody should live traditionally off of their land and making their own clothes etc, and then they get on a bloody plane and start yapping on mobiles at heathrow!!!