Sign in to follow this  
Canary Pirate

Negativity = FAILURE !

Pure and simple !!! You can all argue, bicker, insult, whatever you like, but with all this negativity on here and in the local press we are doomed to fail. We will be screwed before we kick a ball in anger next season and that makes us all responsible ! Regardless of our circumstances we owe it to OUR club ( not Delia''s ) to start sending out some POSITIVE vibes if we are to stand any chance of helping to reverse the clubs fortune. Thats about the only thing left we can realistically do !

How about change of leadership first - positivity later. Being positive now only serves to endorse and prolong the reign of horror that currently exists.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]How about change of leadership first - positivity later. Being positive now only serves to endorse and prolong the reign of horror that currently exists.[/quote]

How long has Delia been at the helm ? How soon do you think it will be before she''s gone ? How much easier would it be to adopt a more positive attitude ? Like I said we are screwed before we kick off the new season !

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]How about change of leadership first - positivity later. Being positive now only serves to endorse and prolong the reign of horror that currently exists.[/quote]

How long has Delia been at the helm ? How soon do you think it will be before she''s gone ? How much easier would it be to adopt a more positive attitude ? Like I said we are screwed before we kick off the new season !

[/quote]

I''m afraid it isn''t our club anymore.... it is Delia Smith''s media plaything.

When she eventually buggers off I think you''ll find normal service across the board will be resumed. Until then those disenfranchised fans among us will continue to beat the wall down and reality (your negativity) will continue.

Be deludedly optimistic if you like but prepared for the fall that will ultimately greet you.........

The fans are not to blame.  Claiming that somehow negativity is the cause for years of poor decison making and financial mis-allocation is naive in the extreme.This is yet another moronic "get behind the boys" thread, started by someone who probably spends the whole game shouting out random things like "tackle him" when one of our players is 20 yards from the player with the ball in the opposing half....

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Pure and simple !!! You can all argue, bicker, insult, whatever you like, but with all this negativity on here and in the local press we are doomed to fail. We will be screwed before we kick a ball in anger next season and that makes us all responsible ! Regardless of our circumstances we owe it to OUR club ( not Delia''s ) to start sending out some POSITIVE vibes if we are to stand any chance of helping to reverse the clubs fortune. Thats about the only thing left we can realistically do ![/quote]

Think you''ve got it the wrong way round, it''s the failure that has caused the negativity.Get rid of those that are responsible for the failure and the negativity will quickly be a thing of the past.

Agree with teh first post but as usual the fanatic minority who only have their self interest at heart pour scorn on it. You lot should be ashamed.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Think you''ve got it the wrong way round, it''s the failure that has caused the negativity.Get rid of those that are responsible for the failure and the negativity will quickly be a thing of the past.[/quote]Actually I think it was the success that brought about negativity, Once we reached the Premiership, and then got instantly relegated, the majority of our fans expectations went through the roof and thought we should bounce straight back up, that didn''t happen, the fans then pushed out the best manager we''ve had since Walker and things have gone downhill ever since and the negative vibe around the club since our relegation from the top fight has been beyond a joke and the fans only have themselves to blame.

Why do people continue to blame everyone except Delia and the board for our problems?

I take absolutely no blame for any of this. No way. I am negative/realistic (delete as applicable) because we have seen our club go from the premiership to league 1 thanks to the failings of our board. Still lets not blame them for this as its clearly the fault of those fans who turned up each week, spending good money in the process only to see that cash spent on new desks and chairs instead of a good team.

So lets forget all that silly premiership nonsense as we''ve got good ol'' league 1 football, just as we''ve always wanted it. How ungrateful of me to expect ambition and premiership football when I pay for my tickets. Naughty me, I really must remember that they''re the magnificent board and I''m just one of the foolish mugs in the yellow and green who should sit quietly in the stands and enjoy being robbed of his cash and time.

The whole board is to blame not just Delia, but as she is the front of the club and the major shareholder, she is the one who will get the blame.

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

I''m afraid it isn''t our club anymore.... it is Delia Smith''s media plaything.

When she eventually buggers off I think you''ll find normal service across the board will be resumed. Until then those disenfranchised fans among us will continue to beat the wall down and reality (your negativity) will continue.

Be deludedly optimistic if you like but prepared for the fall that will ultimately greet you.........

[/quote]

When she eventually buggers off there is no guarentee that normal service will be resumed. And you could possibly be being delusionally optimistic if you think your beating the wall down will ultimately make any diffence ( neither of us knows the answer to those two statements ). I am simply stating that regardless of our circumstances negativity within a business will result in under performance and then more failure. 

[quote user="ACE"]The fans are not to blame.  Claiming that somehow negativity is the cause for years of poor decison making and financial mis-allocation is naive in the extreme.

This is yet another moronic "get behind the boys" thread, started by someone who probably spends the whole game shouting out random things like "tackle him" when one of our players is 20 yards from the player with the ball in the opposing half....

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Pure and simple !!! You can all argue, bicker, insult, whatever you like, but with all this negativity on here and in the local press we are doomed to fail. We will be screwed before we kick a ball in anger next season and that makes us all responsible ! Regardless of our circumstances we owe it to OUR club ( not Delia''s ) to start sending out some POSITIVE vibes if we are to stand any chance of helping to reverse the clubs fortune. Thats about the only thing left we can realistically do ![/quote][/quote]

I have not said the fans are to blame ! I have not said that negativity has been the cause of years of our demise ! What is a moronic thread ( or are you simply implying that I am a moron ? ) I detest all the negative cliches that are bandied about " get behind the boys " - " percy positives " - " negative numpties " - " happy clappers " and what gives you the right to make a ridiculous assumption about how I behave at a football match !!![:@]

have we been given any other reason to think any different .?

negativity is caused by the people running the club .

i dont blame anyone the norwich faithfull has had to deal with with plenty over the last few years .

why should it change now ?

[quote user="kdncfc"]Think you''ve got it the wrong way round, it''s the failure that has caused the negativity.Get rid of those that are responsible for the failure and the negativity will quickly be a thing of the past.[/quote]

I hope your mythical knight in shining armour to replace Delia & co. turns out to be all that you have dreamt of and doesn''t disappoint ! 

[quote user="singing canary"]

have we been given any other reason to think any different .?

negativity is caused by the people running the club .

i dont blame anyone the norwich faithfull has had to deal with with plenty over the last few years .

why should it change now ?

[/quote]

No, as of now you have not been given a reason to think any different ! I run a business, despite the recession and and views of my MD, shareholders ( whom I don''t always agree with ) I can mope around blaming all of these for the results of our business or ( as I have decided to do ) remain upbeat in the belief ( that despite certain things that are out of my control ) that we can all perform to the very best of our ability and give ourselves a better chance of success. And this positive approach works far better !

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Accepting failure = FAILURE Canary Pirate = VERY VERY DULL AND BORING POSTER[/quote]

Just because I am advocating a different approach to you does not mean I am accepting failure ! And if the best you can come up with is that I am a VERY VERY DULL AND BORING POSTER then I have a suggestion for ! I would like you to start a thread " Canary Pirate - very very dull and boring poster - true or false ? ". If the verdict clearly goes in your favour then I will gladly resign from this message board as my views would cleary be unwelcome and would not be contributing to any discussion ! I''ll look out for it shortly then !!!  

Spot on Kd.

Ellis, did NCFC''s history start around 2004? I can remember us more than holding our own in the top league (this was even before the Premiership was born), so my expectation are that we should be at least in that league and mid table. Since you can remember Mike Walker (presumably in his first spell) do you think that was over achieving?

I do not accept the Championship as our favoured resting place, and definitely not League One, which is the third division. It''s 50 years since we were there. We should have moved on, and I suppose you can say we have, just in the wrong direction.

There are many reasons we didn''t bounce back - the fans'' expectations had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Unless you count the fans who are currently running our club into the ground that is. Those on the board of directors.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="kdncfc"]Think you''ve got it the wrong way round, it''s the failure that has caused the negativity.Get rid of those that are responsible for the failure and the negativity will quickly be a thing of the past.[/quote]

Actually I think it was the success that brought about negativity, Once we reached the Premiership, and then got instantly relegated, the majority of our fans expectations went through the roof and thought we should bounce straight back up, that didn''t happen, the fans then pushed out the best manager we''ve had since Walker and things have gone downhill ever since and the negative vibe around the club since our relegation from the top fight has been beyond a joke and the fans only have themselves to blame.
[/quote]

The only way that the fans are to blame is for letting it go on for far to long without asking some seriopus questions, the way the fans have reacted to our relegation should have happened at least a couple of years ago imo and then maybe things could have been different.

It''s human nature that once you have had a taste of success you want to taste it again and again, I find it very strange how anyone can be positive about NCFC at this moment in time having just put up with 4 years of utter tripe culminating in relegation to our lowest league position in 50 years. Add to that the fact that we have just appointed a manager who has just lost 5 of the last 6 games he''s managed and we are run by a board who don''t have a clue what to do to get us out of the mess they''ve got us into and it''s hardly surprising there''s so much negativity around.

Sorry but I think I''ll remain on the realistic (or negative side as you would call it) until we get people running the club who are capable of moving it forward.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="kdncfc"]Think you''ve got it the wrong way round, it''s the failure that has caused the negativity.Get rid of those that are responsible for the failure and the negativity will quickly be a thing of the past.[/quote]

Actually I think it was the success that brought about negativity, Once we reached the Premiership, and then got instantly relegated, the majority of our fans expectations went through the roof and thought we should bounce straight back up, that didn''t happen, the fans then pushed out the best manager we''ve had since Walker and things have gone downhill ever since and the negative vibe around the club since our relegation from the top fight has been beyond a joke and the fans only have themselves to blame.
[/quote]

The only way that the fans are to blame is for letting it go on for far to long without asking some seriopus questions, the way the fans have reacted to our relegation should have happened at least a couple of years ago imo and then maybe things could have been different.

It''s human nature that once you have had a taste of success you want to taste it again and again, I find it very strange how anyone can be positive about NCFC at this moment in time having just put up with 4 years of utter tripe culminating in relegation to our lowest league position in 50 years. Add to that the fact that we have just appointed a manager who has just lost 5 of the last 6 games he''s managed and we are run by a board who don''t have a clue what to do to get us out of the mess they''ve got us into and it''s hardly surprising there''s so much negativity around.

Sorry but I think I''ll remain on the realistic (or negative side as you would call it) until we get people running the club who are capable of moving it forward.

[/quote]

Being realistic neither makes you negative or positive. Regardless of the reality of the circumstances you still have a choice whether to feel negative or try to be positive. I respect your choice.

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Pure and simple !!! You can all argue, bicker, insult, whatever you like, but with all this negativity on here and in the local press we are doomed to fail. We will be screwed before we kick a ball in anger next season and that makes us all responsible ! Regardless of our circumstances we owe it to OUR club ( not Delia''s ) to start sending out some POSITIVE vibes if we are to stand any chance of helping to reverse the clubs fortune. Thats about the only thing left we can realistically do ![/quote]

you start then!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

you start then!

[/quote]

I think if you read some of the above you will see I have already started !