Sign in to follow this  
BCanary

Just 9 goals in 131 games for Croft...

Apologies for starting another Lee Croft thread, but I found this to be an interesting statistic.The fact that Croft has only scored 9 goals in 131 games kind of puts things into perspective a little bit, as he walks out on us citing a better future for himself elsewhere; it''s no wonder we were relegated. I think he will probably find that the grass isn''t greener - at best he is a lower standard Championship winger and our abysmal plight has given him, and us, a sense that he''s better than what he is.By contrast, Mark Rivers scored 11 goals in 82 appearances and Ian Henderson even managed 6 goals in 78.

Mark Rivers did take penelties though. And the majority of Croft''s goals came this season. He was one of our top scorers, so no way is our relegation down to him.

Although I still stand by the opinion that Rivers was excellent, even though nobody seems to think so. I always rated him at Norwich, didn''t think he ever got the plaudits he deserved.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Mark Rivers did take penelties though. And the majority of Croft''s goals came this season. He was one of our top scorers, so no way is our relegation down to him.

Although I still stand by the opinion that Rivers was excellent, even though nobody seems to think so. I always rated him at Norwich, didn''t think he ever got the plaudits he deserved.

[/quote]

Totally agree wiv ya! No-one rated Rivers but he was always one of my fave players! He really was an unsung hero IMHO!

I was a big fan of Rivers as well....and Croft. Will be interested to see if Croft''s career takes off now he has decided he is too good for us.

[quote user="Beds Canary"]Apologies for starting another Lee Croft thread, but I found this to be an interesting statistic.

The fact that Croft has only scored 9 goals in 131 games kind of puts things into perspective a little bit, as he walks out on us citing a better future for himself elsewhere; it''s no wonder we were relegated. I think he will probably find that the grass isn''t greener - at best he is a lower standard Championship winger and our abysmal plight has given him, and us, a sense that he''s better than what he is.

By contrast, Mark Rivers scored 11 goals in 82 appearances and Ian Henderson even managed 6 goals in 78.
[/quote]

Forget about Croft he''s Derby''s player now,and Rivers was miles better[;)]

Eadie''s 35 in 168 wasn''t too shabby.But a good winger isn''t all about goals. Fox only managed 22 in in 173, but how many did he create?For me the jury is still out on Croft. Assists are what you should really measure a winger by and he was certainly chiming in with more when we actually had someone capable of putting the ball in the net.He had the misfortune to be playing in a few of the worst Norwich City sides in living memory for most of his time with us. I''m not convinced he''d have looked nearly as poor with some better players around him, particularly up front.Could turn out to be a decent player for Derby, could be just as frustrating as he was for us.Still one of our better players over the last couple of years though.

relegation was down to the players,accept for a couple all the rest played as good as each other which was rubbish ,rivers scored most of his goals from penalties,so he probaley would have scored four i think hendersons record was bady then i thought it was and about croft,he should not have been player of the season that was clingan for me and croft has not done much during his canaries spell and will make our team better

I might be wrong, but I read somewhere that he only assisted in about 5 goals, not sure.

I still liked him thou, he offered a lot going forward and helped out the defence with his lung bursting runs. You look at his goal against the Scum, he should have tried it more often. Good luck to the lad though.

[/quote]Sorry, I didn''t mean relegation was Crofty''s fault, just that by him being our player of the season just shows how bad the rest of the team really were.Croft''s actual contribution to games in terms of goals and assists was relatively poor, but because the players around him were so much worse, it made him look by and large our best player - and I think he will be found out when he steps into a half decent side.

[/quote]i loved Rivers he just got slated a lot cause of his failiure to ever track back or work hard, was exciting to watch going forward tho.

Perhaps we paid £600,000 too much for him and for him to have left for nothing reflected his true value, good business to rip his contract up early !

Rivers was a lazy ar*e, but still had a it of quality.Croft is a headless chicken who produces very little end result.  Expect to see Croft to bugger all for whoever he plays for next season.