Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

The doc is vital!

Vital ingredient for what?  Another relegation?

Can the Donkey be the first player in history to go through 3 relegations with his side???

I swear the majority of your posts are just to get your post count up as you never seem to pose any questions in your threads, they are often very short one liners and you never seem to revisit a thread very often...

Even so, what made you post this? You feel he is in danger of being dropped?

I personally think he''s crud and should have been replaced ages ago. Solid enough most of the time but is prone to errors too ften for my liking. Goals conceded speak for itself and we need it addressed.

One of our best players last year in a poor side, let''s hope he stay and add some stability to the ship.

Sorry Moaners!!

The doc is a massive asset to this club! IF we had him and shax in defence throughout the season, we would not have been relegated!

when we had grant who were the center pair? SHAX AND DOC!!!

yes shax is good as well but to come on here and call the doc a donkey smudger, you are out of order and I wish you were banned from this message board because noone seems to like you on this board!

and to all those people moaning as I only ever do one line posts is this better?? all 4 and a bit lines??

[quote user="Marty"]One of our best players last year in a poor side, let''s hope he stay and add some stability to the ship.[/quote]

welll said!!!

[quote]

The doc is a massive asset to this club! IF we had him and shax in defence throughout the season, we would not have been relegated!

[/quote]

I''m sorry, cos i hate to be controversial, but you are saying that like it''s a good thing.

Didn''t Peter Grant take us to the brink of relegation prior to Roeder saving us that season (even tho he did a crap job the next). How can it be a good advert for our central pairing?

Apologies if i misunderstood anything.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Sorry Moaners!!

yes shax is good as well but to come on here and call the doc a donkey smudger, you are out of order and I wish you were banned from this message board because noone seems to like you on this board!

and to all those people moaning as I only ever do one line posts is this better?? all 4 and a bit lines??

[/quote]

When we had Grant we were bottom of the Championship.

Even Gunny didn''t quite take us that low (although I am sure that he would of done given enough time).

Our defence looked the most secure earlier in the season when Doc was out injured.

I''m afraid throughout his career Doc has made dreadful errors on a regular basis. No one can knock his enthusiasm but in football terms he is just an oaf.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Our defence looked the most secure earlier in the season when Doc was out injured. I''m afraid throughout his career Doc has made dreadful errors on a regular basis. No one can knock his enthusiasm but in football terms he is just an oaf.[/quote]

Miles wide of the mark, in my opinion.

I think Doherty clearly showed himself a stronger defender than both Kennedy and Stefanovic.

Doherty was one of our better players this season, but I''m not so sure he''s crucial for me he''s a little non descript as a centre back, i really doubt if any opposition striker thinks to himself ''I''m in for tough game today against him'', he''s slow, unagile, not really very agressive and definetely not a leader. Dont get me wrong i think on his day he''s a decent player he heads the ball pretty well, tackles pretty well and is pretty consistent but there''s just something that doesnt feel very inspired about him like say a Mackay, Fleming (in his prime), Matt Jackson, Newsome, Sutton (when at the back), Prior and even Shackell when he''s playing at his best.

If he stays then I''m sure he''ll do a steady job, but i dont expect anything more than that, at a guess he must also be one of the top earners at the club.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Our defence looked the most secure earlier in the season when Doc was out injured. I''m afraid throughout his career Doc has made dreadful errors on a regular basis. No one can knock his enthusiasm but in football terms he is just an oaf.[/quote]

Miles wide of the mark, in my opinion.

I think Doherty clearly showed himself a stronger defender than both Kennedy and Stefanovic.

[/quote] I absolutely agree with you bury yellow. Start of the season I thought the defence was the one thing roeder had sorted out well.

The Doc is not slow in a straight line but turning, well, I reckon that Jonny Vegas turns quicker than him. He has the attributes but he insists on putting his arm around their bodies at all times.

I still think he done ok and was a willing tryer all season and will be pivotal in my view for promotion.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]If we let the doc go we will NOT go back up at all gaurantee![/quote]

I guarantee we will not go back up with or without the Doc, until we have new majority shareholders.

Any re-signed players or players who''ve been here for the past dreadful five seasons should go - including Shackell who won''t be here anyway.:Doherty, Cureton, Russel and Drury our failing remnants where this club is concerned, and they should all be lead to the exit door to seek pastures new.

[quote]Any re-signed players or players who''ve been here for the past dreadful five seasons should go - including Shackell who won''t be here anyway.:

Doherty, Cureton, Russel and Drury our failing remnants where this club is concerned, and they should all be lead to the exit door to seek pastures new.[/quote]

I totally agree mate, how can we keep going back to the same players who keep failing us. Doc can''t be exempt from blame in this mess. I agree with a previous post, are we going to let the player take part in another relegation campaign??? If we drop another level to Div 2 are we going to say he''s found his right level now? This has to stop and someone who has failed for a few seasons has to go. I don''t mind keeping some of them as backups, but not our main squad.

I''ve liked 90% of the names mentioned on this board and for the most part they have all been frees too, i would just rather we tried something different now and maybe try to hold onto Hoolahan and Clingan, liked Cody, Martin and Spillain coming back is good and we have 2 good young keepers to boot. Build a squad around them and i don''t think we will go too far wrong.

I swear, if we are sitting here talking about another hat load of goals against us in a season''s time and someone says Doc has to stay, i''m going to get annoyed!!

Keep these (Doherty, Cureton, Russel and Drury) if you like, but only as reserves/subs.

I would rip our defence apart, we need to rebuild it and to stop it being leaky! I''m not convinced by Gunn but i appreciate at least he seems to be starting in the right area.

[quote user="Shyster"]Any re-signed players or players who''ve been here for the past dreadful five seasons should go - including Shackell who won''t be here anyway.:Doherty, Cureton, Russel and Drury our failing remnants where this club is concerned, and they should all be lead to the exit door to seek pastures new.[/quote]So we''ve changed everyone, except for 5 players, changed the manager 3 times, and we''re getting steadily worse. Has it not dawned on anyone that Worthington''s success came from a stable base of players? The last thing we need to do is ship people out. We need people IN. Then we need to stick with them and allow them to bed into the team before writing them off after one bad game (Kieran Gibbs).

[quote user="I am a Banana"]If we let the doc go we will NOT go back up at all gaurantee![/quote]

If we let the doc go we will just replace him with another centre back.

Thats how fickle football is in the modern day...

[quote user="Smudger"]

I guarantee we will not go back up with or without the Doc, until we have new majority shareholders.

[/quote]

we will certainly ahve more chance if he have the ginger pele!

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

but with what level of quality??

Why are you all getting on the docs back, he is a good solid defender who has put his heart and soul in doing well for us, if you have nothing better to say about our players and in this case our captain who has lead by example then dont bother saying anything, its fans like you hu drive me wild!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t answer that im afraid. Im sure Gunny would try his best though [:P]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where do you get this idea that Doc is somehow irreplaceable and captain fantastic, ok so he''s been one of the better of a bad bunch but he''s hardly shown he''s a winner over the last few seasons like majority of our side. Leicester did ok and they sold McCauley. A totally new no-nonsense centre back pairing who are used to strains of league 1 football doesnt sound too bad an idea to me, and they may be on 1/4 of the salary.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where do you get this idea that Doc is somehow irreplaceable and captain fantastic, ok so he''s been one of the better of a bad bunch but he''s hardly shown he''s a winner over the last few seasons like majority of our side. Leicester did ok and they sold McCauley. A totally new no-nonsense centre back pairing who are used to strains of league 1 football doesnt sound too bad an idea to me, and they may be on 1/4 of the salary.

[/quote]

Well well put across Yellowbeagle, but at what cost would a no-nonsense centre back pairing who are used to strains of league 1 football cost as there are not too many of them around it seems, especially that wouldn''t be wanted by their club!

You cannot compare mcCauley to gary doherty, nor us and leicester, he is a good player, whjo wants to be at the like, there aint to many like that.

[quote user="SNAP"]Gsry Docherty - vital? BEHAVE![/quote]

Gsry Docherty - sounds pretty decent..sign him up?[:P]