Sign in to follow this  
GB1902

Team for Everton

Been thinking about an experimental team for Everton that could work really well. Although i''d rather see Holt out of the team i''ve figured Worthy isn''t going to drop him whatever happens, also with Helveg playing so well on saturday and Jonson improving and IMO possibly being able to fill a role upfront and Bentley being extremely quiet against the baggies this is the team i''d put out to face the toffee''s.

---------------------------------------------Green

----Edworthy---------------------Charlton------------Fleming----------------------------Drury

Helveg----------------------------Holt----------------Francis------------------------Huckerby

---------------------------------Jonson---------------McKenzie

Subs:

Bentley

Mcveigh

Brennan

Svensson

Ward

Views or alternative team?

I really like the look of that, very similar to the formation that did so well for us last season. lets hope that Worthy reads this.

POA- I like that. The issue of Hucks tracking back (or not) will again be raised but I''m interested to see what Helveg can add to the team in midfield. Several others on here also seem to be warming to Jonson and I''m in agreement with that (perhaps an option on left midfield rather than Hucks?)

Bentley is undoubtely a good player and technically very good but he''s delivering little at the mo.

As Helveg (and Olivia Newton John) said, let''s get physical.

PS Are we all going to chant You Fat B****** to Everton on Saturday?!

Really need to press the option in our home games, Helveg and Holt in the same midfield seems too defensive.... Huckerby out wide (or most attacking player in midfield)

Need to go and out and attack Everton there central defence is slow, Huckerby and Bentley (upfront maybe?? Not sure if this has been mentioned before???)

quite like that poa. Brennan def should be on the bench. then you have the flexibility to make real changes if things aren''t happening, like move hux up front for leon or johnson, bring brennan on left, bentley or mcveigh right for helveg for more attacking options etc.

I haven''t heard much about helveg''s performance after he came on. how was he on the right there? maybe helps to make the midfield a more cohesive unit, protecting the defence better?

Also, people should note that regardless of whether or not he IS undroppable in NW''s eyes, Holt will seem even more so soon because Safri will not have a whole lot of involvement during Ramadan. Those that play, even at the hopeless 5-a-side level i do, will know what it''s like if you play without having eaten properly. Much much harder! Subs appearances at best. Unless NW is nervous about being accused of religious discrimination by not playing him, but i doubt it somehow.

i will go up front if you fancy- I guarantee to score the usual nothing !! lol

I would love to see

GK: Green

RB: Edworthy/Helveg - (45 mins each to make their stake)

CB: Flem

CB: Charlton

LB: Drury

DM: Safri (off for Holt if he is shaky)

LW: Hucks (pushing forward)

CM: Bentley (off for Mulryne if he is poop)

CM: Francis

RW: McVeigh

F: Johnson (Mckenzie on if failing)

radical- but if we have no strikers lets play one with a packed midfield?

What about....

------------------------Green----------------------------

-------------Fleming-----------Charlton------------Drury-

Jonson--------Helveg-----------Francis-----------Bently--

-----------------------Hucks----------------------------

-----------Svensonn---------McKenzie-------------------

--------------green-------------

edworthy---charlton---fleming---drury

------helveg---francis----holt-----

-------------huckerby------------

--------jonson---mckenzie-------

one of the reasons jonson was winning the ball on saturday which would then give the flick on to mckenzie or nod back to huckerby. i think we should attack against everton okay they''re on a good run but theres not to much to scare us an all out attack at them could be the answer as we look very solid at the back even with the taller players against us.

[quote]Been thinking about an experimental team for Everton that could work really well. Although i''d rather see Holt out of the team i''ve figured Worthy isn''t going to drop him whatever happens, also with H...[/quote]

Thats a very good idea. Not sure which striker should start though.

what about.....

Green

Flemming    Charlton   

Edworthy                              Drury

Helveg

Jonson                 Huckerby

Francis

McKenzie              Svenson

Subs:

Bently

McVeigh

Brennan

Ward

Holt

No need to change anything in my view - the team seems to be gelling and in doing so is getting the best out of the players - performances have improved even if the quality of the finishing hasnt.

Yes Helveg looked good when he came on but Jonson has more pace. Holt wont be dropped and the times had Damo as MOM. Bentley is the one potential poor performer but he could also be a mtach winner.

Up front we have had more movement in the last 2 games than the previous 8 - stick with them for now.

In defence how can we change anything there? Personally I would prefer Helveg in for Eddie - better passing yada yada yada - but even I think it would be harsh to drop Eddie at the moment; if only he could learn to pass.

As such keep the same starting 11, with Ward, McVeigh, Helveg, Svensson and Jarvis on the bench.

OTBC