Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

will the club come out and tell us .......?

[quote user="ncfcrule"]

How much has not been rebated and how much extra is in the playing budget for next year??

OTBC

[/quote]

The deadline for rebates hasnt passed, so there not going to tell us yet, cant remember when it is.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ncfcrule"]

How much has not been rebated and how much extra is in the playing budget for next year??

OTBC

[/quote]

The deadline for rebates hasnt passed, so there not going to tell us yet, cant remember when it is.

[/quote]

I know it hasn''t passed but when it does pass will they??

If they don''t though it means knowone will know if it all has gone to the players budget or not.

[quote user="ncfcrule"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ncfcrule"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know it hasn''t passed but when it does pass will they??

If they don''t though it means knowone will know if it all has gone to the players budget or not.

[/quote]

I dont know, hang on I will look in my crystal ball. There is an actual wizard on this thread, maybe he is more likely to be able to help? 

I think you are certainly being very niave, you clearly dont know this football club. The directors throw all of our money into a big black hole, a bit like basketball, its only the few pennies that hit the rim and bounce back out that we spend on players. Hence the reason that 7.5 million pound coins were thrown at the hole, and 3.5 million of them didnt go in. We spent those on Earnshaw. Unfortunately their shot had improved after selling earnshaw fr 3.5million pound coins and only 800,000 of them missed. Hence the reason we ended up with Jamie Cureton.

I guess it all rests on whether or not the David Marshall money went into the hole or not. I heard Doncaster had the best shot, and he was still here then.

[quote user="ncfcrule"]

[/quote]

Good - it will also mean all selling clubs won''t know how much money we''ve got.

NCFC: We''ve made £1m through rebates.

Palace: Alan Lee will cost you £1m....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="ncfcrule"]

[/quote]

Good - it will also mean all selling clubs won''t know how much money we''ve got.

[/quote]

Jeez, not that old chestnut. [:P]Matters not what knowledge clubs have of other clubs finances, if decent negotiators are involved, players are sold for what they''re worth, give or take a few thousand; not hundreds of thousands.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="ncfcrule"]

[/quote]

[/quote]May I also be a real cynic and point out that Foulger has probably raised a certain amount of money already - which I hope he is still trying to add to. That amount must be more than the total of all the rebates put together just in case everyone does return them and that he would not be given the task to raise money only for transfers and wages as we have other bills to pay!So if any half intelligent club is out there they would know that we have £500k waiting from Foulger - the only thing they don''t know is what the money will be used for. Oh and by the way I should imagine that that money will be made available to the club no matter on how many people return their rebates. If people have given money to the club then it goes to the club - so this double your money thing is a bit of a bluff if you ask me.

If they don''t tell us what rebates remain unclaimed it will be far easier to use the money to keep the banks from the door without having to divulge how bad the situation has become. Let''s not kid ourselves this money is going nowhere near the playing budget, not in terms of increasing it anyway. It will be used to shore up an ailing company who have overspent on mediocre talent where just a bit more ambition could have yielded so much more. Sadly the hog-tied nature of the loans taken out have ensured that money has had other more pressing homes such as interest repayments guaranteed against future season ticket sales.

Whatever they tell us it will be impossible to know if they made good on the promise of all the money going to the player budget. For example, the directors may all ready know that they are going to put in say 500k. If they get to keep 250k of the rebate money they can say, we are doubling that to 500k then adding another 250k of our own money too. i.e. they havent spent any more than they were going to with or without the rebates. I would strongly suspect that they have all ready set a player budget and that will not change whether they get to keep £100 of the rebates or the full £500k. In my view if they keep the whole £500k it will just lighten the load on their own pockets. And at the same time the club will be stuck with its current failing leaders.