Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

We need the squad now ?

We need to get a squad together asap for the challengers of the dreaded league 1 , like many other posts i hope we have seen the last of Semmy [ just not up for the fight and lacking any real defensive brain ]  as we need the players to battle like they should have done this season and play for the shirt with real pride simply no more excuses please .

Gunny as manager was  a real surprise to me and all those fans i know just could not explain the logic in his continued appointment , its really baffling how this decision was reached even with previous dubious choices to manage this club .

I personally have no problem with Crook and Butterworth  i happen to think their knowledge of teams at this level and players we need to recruit will be more than usefull and yes i know Crooky has been away from British football for a while but it is a world wide game and i am sure he will have seen players that  can only improve our depleated squad , and there are stars from aussie land as teams in our premeir league and the German  league have uncovered .

This league 1 season may turn out a winning one after years scraping the odd victory here and there we can only hope so anyway , i won''t join the rumour mill on who we might or might not be bringing in only as far as to say we clearly need these positions filled  NOW  a new right-back , centre-back  ,  three midfielders , two strikers and thats just for starters .

I know we do need players in ALL those positions, but if we were to get decent/good/ok players in all those positions, then it would take a fair bit of money! Money that we don''t have...

We dont need the squad now, for a start we cant sign players until 1st July. Its still May, just take deep breaths FFS and think before you speak.

Its been said on here that we are close to admin, so quite why we would want to pay a full squad for May and June is beyond me.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

We dont need the squad now, for a start we cant sign players until 1st July. Its still May, just take deep breaths FFS and think before you speak.

Its been said on here that we are close to admin, so quite why we would want to pay a full squad for May and June is beyond me.

[/quote]

but if they bond quicker they have more chance of a good start in the league next season!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

but if they bond quicker they have more chance of a good start in the league next season!

[/quote]

Well they arent going to bond much in pre season are they? What do you want the club to do? call UEFA and Brussels and call for a change in European Union contract laws? We cant sign anybody until 1st July unless they are already a free agent. So unless your going to kidnap them all and superglue them together, then there isnt going to be much bonding going on mate. What else can I say?

I see no point in this argument but i was under the impression players in the final year of contract were free to talk to any interested clubs from January 1st and they could then sign pre-contract agreements to comence when their present ones ended , so this if i am correct will allow City to sign players whenever .

We do need any new players to bond asap as its critical make the right start to the season and it really is only a few weeks away and closing fast , other clubs are getting deals arranged why not us .

Ryan,

There are no EU laws or UEFA rules that prevent us from signing players before 1st July. Had you not noticed that David Marshall has left us?

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well they arent going to bond much in pre season are they? What do you want the club to do? call UEFA and Brussels and call for a change in European Union contract laws? We cant sign anybody until 1st July unless they are already a free agent. So unless your going to kidnap them all and superglue them together, then there isnt going to be much bonding going on mate. What else can I say?

[/quote]

well as soon as we can purchasse players we need to, get the team bonding done asap