Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

New recruits in pipeline...

I really wonder who''s gonna be signed... if anybody... We really need some players, but I don''t see Gunn doing a great job although he was supposed to be "chief scout"... Have we signed anybody half decent in the past few seasons? Maybe just a couple of players... What do you other posters expect from it?

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I really wonder who''s gonna be signed... if anybody... We really need some players, but I don''t see Gunn doing a great job although he was supposed to be "chief scout"... Have we signed anybody half decent in the past few seasons? Maybe just a couple of players... What do you other posters expect from it?[/quote]

Please remember it is a bl**** long pipeline to Norwich City.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I really wonder who''s gonna be signed... if anybody... We really need some players, but I don''t see Gunn doing a great job although he was supposed to be "chief scout"... Have we signed anybody half decent in the past few seasons? Maybe just a couple of players... What do you other posters expect from it?[/quote]Nobody does business this time of year

The reputation of our club (which has always been fairly good) would normally attract a decent standard of player.

Having a manager who is ridiculed, not only by the national press and football followers, but also by his own club''s fans does counteract that somewhat.

Any player approached by Gunn will simply ask themselves..

"Do I want to commit my immediate future to an untested and unqualified manager who probably wont be there in 10 games time?!"

I would guess their two word answer might end in ''OFF!''

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]The reputation of our club (which has always been fairly good) would normally attract a decent standard of player.

Having a manager who is ridiculed, not only by the national press and football followers, but also by his own club''s fans does counteract that somewhat.

Any player approached by Gunn will simply ask themselves..

"Do I want to commit my immediate future to an untested and unqualified manager who probably wont be there in 10 games time?!"

I would guess their two word answer might end in ''OFF!''[/quote]Who has ridiculed Gunn in the national press?

croft has gone , i think or more than likely derby .

marshall has gone  to cardiff

plenty of clubs are signing players .

if gunn had his targets a while back as stated , surely at least a couple of players should have been confirmed by now .

wait for the next stunt .. some will not claim the rebate , we will end up with free transfers and the money promised will end up going on wages or the clubs debt.

and the money we recieve from players going out , will end up going to the debt caused by relegation .

With the rebate issue where he will match whatever is not claimed for transfers........i wonder how much we have set aside for transfers in the first place?? If he puts in say 500k after 500k not claimed for the rebates as we dont actually know how much money we already have this could be all that we will have, would be nice to know exactly whats available already.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]The reputation of our club (which has always been fairly good) would normally attract a decent standard of player. Having a manager who is ridiculed, not only by the national press and football followers, but also by his own club''s fans does counteract that somewhat. Any player approached by Gunn will simply ask themselves.. "Do I want to commit my immediate future to an untested and unqualified manager who probably wont be there in 10 games time?!" I would guess their two word answer might end in ''OFF!''[/quote]

Who has ridiculed Gunn in the national press?
[/quote]

Can''t be.  You cannot get a Norwich City story in.  No one interested.

You just have to look to see the little smirk and glint in the eye of the presenters on SSN every time they say the name ''Bryan Gunn''.

Our board is decribed as "The Chef, Delia Smith and her husband...." and our manager is described as "The bald, former legend and Sherrif of Norwich...."

Utter laughing stock.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]The reputation of our club (which has always been fairly good) would normally attract a decent standard of player. Having a manager who is ridiculed, not only by the national press and football followers, but also by his own club''s fans does counteract that somewhat. Any player approached by Gunn will simply ask themselves.. "Do I want to commit my immediate future to an untested and unqualified manager who probably wont be there in 10 games time?!" I would guess their two word answer might end in ''OFF!''[/quote]

Who has ridiculed Gunn in the national press?
[/quote]

Can''t be.  You cannot get a Norwich City story in.  No one interested.

[/quote]

So what brings you on here then? Hoping for a story? [:|].....

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]You just have to look to see the little smirk and glint in the eye of the presenters on SSN every time they say the name ''Bryan Gunn''.[/quote]I think that if you interpret "a glint in the eye" as ridicule you are a little over sensitive!

We are a laughing stock , even most of our own supporters are embarrassed that Gunn is manager.

Around 80% are though , and the other 20% wouldnt have minded if Delia gave the job to Mr Bean , then again he would have been a better choice than Bryan (the club leech)Gunn.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]We are a laughing stock , even most of our own supporters are embarrassed that Gunn is manager.
[/quote]

I am certainly not a supporter of the board and feel that I would possibly be happier with another manager but nevertheless I am realistic enough to know that things are not going to change in the foreseeable future.

What embarrasses me is the constant griping, criticising and whingeing that goes on this message board.

If supporters of other clubs saw some of the things that have been written on here they would spend all season laughing at us.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]We are a laughing stock , even most of our own supporters are embarrassed that Gunn is manager.[/quote]

I am certainly not a supporter of the board and feel that I would possibly be happier with another manager but nevertheless I am realistic enough to know that things are not going to change in the foreseeable future.

What embarrasses me is the constant griping, criticising and whingeing that goes on this message board.

If supporters of other clubs saw some of the things that have been written on here they would spend all season laughing at us.

[/quote] Well see how much they would be laughing if their teams had to have an idiot like Gunn in charge , even Ipswich had the sense to ditch Magilton . Why do we always have to have the cheap option, jesus we might as well have appointed somebody from the crowd they would have been every bit as qualified for the job as Gunn is .We are a joke club , and the sad bit is we deserve to be.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I really wonder who''s gonna be signed... if anybody... We really need some players, but I don''t see Gunn doing a great job although he was supposed to be "chief scout"... Have we signed anybody half decent in the past few seasons? Maybe just a couple of players... What do you other posters expect from it?[/quote]We have signed a lot of players that are half decent or better but its the managers that have failed to get the best out of them.Clingan, Stefanovic, Hoolahan, MacDonald, Marshall - are all good players. In half-decent terms you have Russel, Bell, Fotheringham and Otsemobor. Lita and the defender we had on loan from Reading. In terms of loans that it seems Gunn had a role in - Mooney, Shackell, Lee and Gow were all hits and all three were Gunn signings. It would look as if the Man U link got him a good contact at Reading because of Coppel. Remember we could have had Gow last summer for very little. And some more half-decent players in Carney and Leijer.

Yellow Wall, if you go on to other clubs message boards you will find just as lively and (sometimes) obnoxious comments between supporters.

I''m afraid the club itself deserves any ridicule aimed at it.

As for Mr Gunn, he reminds me of an employee in a local council or government department. You know the type - keeps his head down, grovels a bit, doesn''t do anything to upset the governors and eventually by a process of boredom and hanging on in there, gets the prime job.

This club is run as effectively as the above!

I''m extremely proud of Delia. Funny how loud I used to be able to sing "Delia''a green / yellow army" all by myselfIts the whining fans that are a laughing stock, the ''fans'' that cry like babies.......the ones that support NCFC in the bad times (like Delia) are the true fans