Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Gunny linked with blah blah blah

Does anyone think we will sign anyone until 1st July, i hope i am wrong but i think it is highly unlikely.

All this paper talk is doing my head in, if we know who we want and they are affordable lets not p*** about get them in.

Because lets not forget one of the reasons Gunny was given the job, was that Dixie had done alot of work as to who our targets should be.

[quote user="canarytim"]

Does anyone think we will sign anyone until 1st July, i hope i am wrong but i think it is highly unlikely.

All this paper talk is doing my head in, if we know who we want and they are affordable lets not p*** about get them in.

Because lets not forget one of the reasons Gunny was given the job, was that Dixie had done alot of work as to who our targets should be.

[/quote]

I''d like to hear what Blah has to say about this. Do I hear wedding bells?

I may be wrong but I get the impression blahx3 is to old to play for Norwich.....

It is kinda annoying though, I think that he should be making every effort to get people in asap. One of the biggest problems last season was that the team, heavily populated as it was with loans, didn''t really "gel" together. We''d stand a much better chance of pushing for promotion if this season we had a squad who''d had all summer to train together and get used to each other as a team.

Plus, if they are together as a team, they make actually care more about keeping us up, rather than a mis-matched team made up of players who know they can just go back to their parent clubs no matter what happens, which was exactly what we saw last season.

We all know next season will be youngsters and loans and we wont sign one decent player and we will struggle mid table lets all face reailityPROVE ME WRONG GUNN [:)]

I share your frustration, but i think these things do geniunly take time. If you are to believe the papers then we have already offered a contract to a spanish defender for example. Now if he accepted it straight away then we would have our first in and everyone would be a bit more happy. But in reality, this player isn''t just going to sign the first thing that comes in front of him, with press covereage he will wait and see if any other offers come in, what his agent can produce etc. For some players you might be talking about their last chance at a decent wage etc, average/poor players don''t play at a high level into their late 30s often, so a 28 year old would think very hard before signing a 3 year deal as the next time he signs, he could be looking at conference footy! I just think there are many reasons why a player would not dive in and i think it will just require some patience.

Secondly, Norwich hopefully will be aiming at players which might be desirable to everyone else, and then it''s a case of persuasion!

I know a lot of people on this board think we have nothing to offer players coming here as we have no money, but some players would give their right arm to play in front of 20k of fans every week and use the facilities Norwich have, not a lot of clubs can say that in this league. I don''t think the weekly wages we offer will be poor comparatively. 20mil of debt doesn''t mean you can''t spend a few quid on wages.

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]It is kinda annoying though, I think that he should be making every effort to get people in asap. One of the biggest problems last season was that the team, heavily populated as it was with loans, didn''t really "gel" together. We''d stand a much better chance of pushing for promotion if this season we had a squad who''d had all summer to train together and get used to each other as a team.

Plus, if they are together as a team, they make actually care more about keeping us up, rather than a mis-matched team made up of players who know they can just go back to their parent clubs no matter what happens, which was exactly what we saw last season.[/quote]I''m sure he is making every effort. The main problem is most players are now away on holiday, as are quite a few managers i would think. Therefore, Gunn''s only real interaction will be with players agents - who will be pushing to sell any crap player to us in the hope for a good amount of money from the deal. I think Butterworth probably does have a list of players he wishes to target - but not too many transfers go through at this time. Sure, i know several have done - but in general, the majority of transfer activity doesn''t start as of yet.

So people think that Gunn is doing nothing and wants to wait till August till he signs players? Jeez.

Did you see that we have interviewed some people for chief Exec role?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

So people think that Gunn is doing nothing and wants to wait till August till he signs players? Jeez.

Did you see that we have interviewed some people for chief Exec role?

[/quote]

An interesting point in itself, as it is the CEO who formalises contracts. Or at least somebody with legal standing.

[quote user="Downloads"]

I share your frustration, but i think these things do geniunly take time. If you are to believe the papers then we have already offered a contract to a spanish defender for example. Now if he accepted it straight away then we would have our first in and everyone would be a bit more happy. But in reality, this player isn''t just going to sign the first thing that comes in front of him, with press covereage he will wait and see if any other offers come in, what his agent can produce etc. For some players you might be talking about their last chance at a decent wage etc, average/poor players don''t play at a high level into their late 30s often, so a 28 year old would think very hard before signing a 3 year deal as the next time he signs, he could be looking at conference footy! I just think there are many reasons why a player would not dive in and i think it will just require some patience.

Secondly, Norwich hopefully will be aiming at players which might be desirable to everyone else, and then it''s a case of persuasion!

I know a lot of people on this board think we have nothing to offer players coming here as we have no money, but some players would give their right arm to play in front of 20k of fans every week and use the facilities Norwich have, not a lot of clubs can say that in this league. I don''t think the weekly wages we offer will be poor comparatively. 20mil of debt doesn''t mean you can''t spend a few quid on wages.

[/quote]

Not a chance we will be looking at any players who other teams are,we will be lookinjg for cheap options,we all know that,as for your last point i totally agree,most league 1 or 2 players would love to play at Carrow Road but we can''t afford them!! Troubled times ahead,you only have to listen to the management team and there lack of ambition to realise that we are in for a long hard season.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I wasn''t aware that Blah x3 was that good? Come on Blah tell us, are you playing next season?[;)][/quote]

As his agent I can assure you that we have had preliminary discussion with NCFC that might lead to a conversation at Dunstan Hall.

At the moment the sticking point is the signing on fee ,as my client at present is a free agent.

We are suggesting £1.50 but Mr Gunn has said that his last offer is a Scottish pound note, which he assures us is still legal tender.

I will keep you informed of progress.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

Not a chance we will be looking at any players who other teams are,we will be lookinjg for cheap options,we all know that,as for your last point i totally agree,most league 1 or 2 players would love to play at Carrow Road but we can''t afford them!! Troubled times ahead,you only have to listen to the management team and there lack of ambition to realise that we are in for a long hard season.

[/quote]

Of course we will be looking at cheap options, but everyone has seen the free transfers on offer and a certain number of those will be looking at Div 1, it''s the management''s job (who i don''t have a lot of faith in) to persuade the better ones to come here and focus on the positives we have to offer. I certainly don''t think we will spend anything more than a mil on transfers this summer and it could be nothing given the sales of players potentially, but i do think there are half decent players at Div 1 level on a free who we could get in and do a job in this league.

Just because a player is on a free doesn''t mean they are crap necessarily, it could mean they weant a change, don''t like what''s on offer or maybe have ambition to step up a league etc. We just need to pick the decent ones up, that''s the part where i don''t have faith in the people at the top, we seem to have a history of sticking with flops for too long giving them too many chances. Saying that though, this Spanish defender might not be a bit of bad business if we can get him - Pleased we have started with the defence.

Yeah sorry guys, blah, blah, blah is a bit  crap.

I did n''t want to name the players  we are supposedly linked with as I think we have no chance of signing them.

Gunny has left for talks in Monaco as Barcelona have made a bid for Semmi, no sorry thats a dream !

I bet if they were after him he couldn''t be arsed to do anything about it.  

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have been linked with any post at NCFC, but I am keeping my options open.  My agent tells me that there are openings at Histon and Dagenham and Redbridge, but only if I can get myself out of the mobility scooter for more than 15 minutes.Having attempted to hit a cows arse with a banjo and missed by only 12 yards, I expect that I would have stand a chance of getting the strikers role.  I have an appointment with a hairdresser and some green dye booked for 3 o clock tomorrow.  Damn, I''ve said too much already [;)]...

This may or may not be a controversial statement, but I''d much rather get in a team of lower league players, our youth and maybe the odd half decent freebie, and have them play the 6-7 frendlies we''ve got booked. Then, hopefully have a team that''s gelled, know''s each other and may stand a chance of being able to play together. As opposed to a team that''s thrown together in the last week of the window, who don''t know each other from Adam, and need at least 10 (or more) games to sort themselves out! Just my thoughts at the moment! (Although it is very sunny, and I''ve had a few!) [B][H]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I can neither confirm nor deny that I have been linked with any post at NCFC, but I am keeping my options open.  My agent tells me that there are openings at Histon and Dagenham and Redbridge, but only if I can get myself out of the mobility scooter for more than 15 minutes.

Having attempted to hit a cows arse with a banjo and missed by only 12 yards, I expect that I would have stand a chance of getting the strikers role.  I have an appointment with a hairdresser and some green dye booked for 3 o clock tomorrow.  Damn, I''ve said too much already [;)]...
[/quote]

I told you not to mention the dye. I did but I think I got away with it!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I can neither confirm nor deny that I have been linked with any post at NCFC, but I am keeping my options open.  My agent tells me that there are openings at Histon and Dagenham and Redbridge, but only if I can get myself out of the mobility scooter for more than 15 minutes.

Having attempted to hit a cows arse with a banjo and missed by only 12 yards, I expect that I would have stand a chance of getting the strikers role.  I have an appointment with a hairdresser and some green dye booked for 3 o clock tomorrow.  Damn, I''ve said too much already [;)]...
[/quote]

Stand a chance?

Not hitting a cows arse with a banjo is the main criteria when playing up front for us. [;)]

Indeed, as long as you know a cow and play the banjo you are fine. Oh, if you are a free transfer it helps too.

Are you currently connected to a club?

[quote user="Downloads"]

Indeed, as long as you know a cow and play the banjo you are fine. Oh, if you are a free transfer it helps too.

Are you currently connected to a club?

[/quote]I did play briefly for Sprowston Athletic reserves for a season and a half 19 years ago, when they were the second worst team in norfolk, and their reserves were the second worst reserve team in norfolk.  Well, I say played, I spent most of my time on the sidelines with a bucket or a flag.  There was this one game against Wroxham A where I set 2 goals up and scored one.  We had 8 men (hence my being picked for the team), and they had 11.  They must have been the 11 worst office workers that ever graced a pitch is all I can say - we were crap.

I guess that makes you a free then.

However i bet our board will find a way to pay a million for you, to your agent!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Not a chance we will be looking at any players who other teams are,we will be lookinjg for cheap options,we all know that,as for your last point i totally agree,most league 1 or 2 players would love to play at Carrow Road but we can''t afford them!! [/quote]

Unless my mates who are fans of the likes of oldham, stockport and tranmere are way off the money, being available cheap and being looked at by many teams are far from mutually exclusive - in fact they are often very highly linked.

Apparently, Tranmere haven''t paid or recieved a transfer fee in about 5 years, due to everyone being on at most 2 year contracts.

[quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]

Surely there is a difference between knowing "who we want" and getting "them in". England is no longer a slave state. The last English slave was released in the 1500''s.

Perhaps the target does not want to come to Norwich.

Considering the abuse he is likely to get from this Board and the so called Norwich fans, the distance from Norwich to some of the centres of population ( it took my wife 7 hours to dive to Liverpool today), the fact that we have an ex goal-keeper for a manager and the no small  additional fact that NCFC is in League One would ,I should think, mean  that very few of the players that "we know who we want" will want to come here.

I suspect any target who is any good will not want to sign until just before the start of the season as he will he looking for a better offer!