Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

Ashley to accept £80 million for Newcastle sale.

60 million?  I thought it was 36 million?  Although 25 for a league one club of our size is more realistic.

Yeah, it''s quite funny when you think about it eh.

He''s gonna lose a packet and is prepared to, to get rid. Delia doesn''t want to lose a packet though and can''t afford to as she''s not rich like Ashley and therein lies the problem.

It''s hope we play well next season and get promoted and maybe survive in the Championship for as long as poss (probably only to come back down again) or go into administration. The debt is an anchor and it''s going nowhere and only Prem footy can alleviate it or administration. There just aren''t any options unless Delia is prepared to make a big loss. I personally think administration is inevitable in the next few years unless she sacrafices her investment.

I think she has been quoted as saying that she doesn''t want money for herself so even if she sold her shares for a couple of million quid she would still have more than enough money to live in luxury for the rest of her life, she''s 67 years old and still receives loads of money from royalties for tv work she has done in the past. If I was 67 with a million or two in the bank and earning the money she earns I would give the club away if I thought I could take it no further as is the case with her at this moment in time..

[quote user="ACE"]60 million?  I thought it was 36 million?  Although 25 for a league one club of our size is more realistic.
[/quote]

No the price was £16m for all shares, and if you would pay £25m for any league one club with more than £20m of debts then you clearly wont be cut out for business mate!

Cullums £56 million was:  £16m shares, £20m transfer kitty, £20m debt.

Your proposal would see him paying £65 million.  Worse than Delia!

The similarity is unmistakeable. Difference is he has done the honourable thing. This should be Delia''s speech so Come on let''s be ''avin ya!

[quote user="ACE"]60 million?  I thought it was 36 million?  Although 25 for a league one club of our size is more realistic.
[/quote]

£56mill was the figure asked for but this was based on us being a Championship side. I think they''d be lucky to get half of that now.

[quote user="book end"]

The similarity is unmistakeable. Difference is he has done the honourable thing. This should be Delia''s speech so Come on let''s be ''avin ya!

[/quote]

You and I know that won''t happen lol

[quote user="book end"]

[/quote]What a load of rubbish! If Ashley had done the honourable thing, he''d have sold ages ago and made more of a fist of keeping them in the Premiership.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="book end"]

[/quote]

What a load of rubbish! If Ashley had done the honourable thing, he''d have sold ages ago and made more of a fist of keeping them in the Premiership.
[/quote]

You could say the same for Delia and Co.

And he has done the honourable thing by publicly accepting the blame, acknowledging he cannot take the club any further and stated that he is willing to sell the club at a huge loss. Now its Delia''s turn....

[/quote]

thats just for her shares!

Lets hope there is more than one rich buyer out there because that persons gonna goto newcastle every single time. If Newcastle get a buy out before the season starts, to me, that confirms the thoughts of many, that Delia''s "filtering".

It''s nothing to do with honour. Its the million pounds a week wage bill with no relegation clauses in contracts which he is despearate to avoid paying. 7 players on £70k a week contracts with all but one I believe got either 2 or 3 years to run. Hope for his sake they are more intereste dina move to another premiership team than just sticking around for the money. Oh its Newcastele players we are talking about here. he is in the crap!!

[quote]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8075713.stm

Still sticking at £60 million Delia?
[/quote]

Yawn, how many times does it need to be posted on here that Delia did not ask for £60m for the club - it was £16m for the shares, £20m for the debt and £20m for the playing budget.  (A quick question, are you too stupid to understand the difference or just ignorant?)

If you want to compare the 2, here goes:

Cost of shares:   NCFC = £16m      NUFC = £80m (as quoted in the press)

Debt due for repayment on change of ownership:     NCFC = £20m (due to RBS)      NUFC = £100m (due to Mr Ashley - as stated in accounts)

Remaining debt:    NCFC = £0m      NUFC = £22.6m

Total:   NCFC = £36m      NUFC = £202.6m

And remember, that the NCFC was the figure quoted at the start of the Championship season, not at the start of the league 1 season.

I didn''t think all of the 20mil of our debt was owed to a bank, i thought some of the 20mil was loans from Delia''s personal money?

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Lets hope there is more than one rich buyer out there because that persons gonna goto newcastle every single time. If Newcastle get a buy out before the season starts, to me, that confirms the thoughts of many, that Delia''s "filtering".[/quote]Unlikely with a PLC.... she''d be in prisonTake another shot whilst changing the worn out record

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Lets hope there is more than one rich buyer out there because that persons gonna goto newcastle every single time. If Newcastle get a buy out before the season starts, to me, that confirms the thoughts of many, that Delia''s "filtering".[/quote]

Delia isn''t doing anything illegal, I''d doubt she''d know how - she''s simply a poor business woman, which is where wynn-jones comes in - he''s got a good business head, but unfortunately for NCFC his business interests are to football what Robert Mugabe is to the citizens of Zimbabwe.

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8075713.stm

Still sticking at £60 million Delia?[/quote]

Yawn, how many times does it need to be posted on here that Delia did not ask for £60m for the club - it was £16m for the shares, £20m for the debt and £20m for the playing budget.  (A quick question, are you too stupid to understand the difference or just ignorant?)

If you want to compare the 2, here goes:

Cost of shares:   NCFC = £16m      NUFC = £80m (as quoted in the press)

Debt due for repayment on change of ownership:     NCFC = £20m (due to RBS)      NUFC = £100m (due to Mr Ashley - as stated in accounts)

Remaining debt:    NCFC = £0m      NUFC = £22.6m

Total:   NCFC = £36m      NUFC = £202.6m

And remember, that the NCFC was the figure quoted at the start of the Championship season, not at the start of the league 1 season.

[/quote]Thanks. Saved me having to write it out.I am against the board but the fact of the matter is she does not want £60 million purely for majority control of the club.

[quote user="Shyster"]

Delia isn''t doing anything illegal, I''d doubt she''d know how - [/quote]The company employ accountants, lawyers and have audited accounts (which cost a fortune)Whether she''d know how or not isn''t the issue. The fact that she isn''t and couldn''t is the response to the accusation that she may be

[quote user="Shyster"] she''s simply a poor business woman, which is where wynn-jones comes in - he''s got a good business head, but unfortunately for NCFC his business interests are to football what Robert Mugabe is to the citizens of Zimbabwe.[/quote]Poor?As for MWJ business is business, books, transport, football......