Sign in to follow this  
dpit

overseas club teams you support/have adopted in countries you have lived in/have connections with

For me:

Independiente - Argentina

Universitario - Peru

Having moved to Italy in the last year, still deciding....

Ferencvaros in Hungary! (Unfortunately now ''owned'' by Sheff Utd.)

[quote user="dpit"]

For me:

Universitario - Peru

[/quote]

You might recognise my badge then.

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="dpit"]

For me:

Universitario - Peru

[/quote]

You might recognise my badge then.

Indeed! Are you a fan of the Avellaneda Artists yourself?

[/quote]

Since moving to the US last year - Colorado Rapids - games and stadium are great to go to - poor defending always leads to goals and most of the teams in the MLS are very evenly matched. That said, is not city.

Bayer Leverkusen, Germany.My last gf followed them and I got to like the team too. Only a relatively small following but often do quite well. Have stuck one over on Bayern Munich; Germany''s Man U a few times (knocked them out of this year''s FA Cup in Germany.)

[quote user="Daphne formerly Old Yellow Bird"]The Brisbane Strikers. Rubbish, but you don''t get cold watching them![/quote]

I have a soft spot for Malaga. I used to go to Costa Del Sol a few times a year (as a family member lived there) and used to catch the odd game. The Malaga games were also on in the Spanish owned bars as well, so used to come home and get on Championship Manager (as it was then called) and play a couple of seasons with them, signing a few English players etc.

I always route for Celtic in the Celtic v Rangers fans, as it was my dads second team. Dont pay much attention to other games.

I also support AFC Wimbledon and put some money into their supporters trust, as I firmly believe in what they stand for. I despite MK Dons for the same reason, it should have been MK Dons starting at the bottom and AFC Wimbledon starting in League One or Two.

Thats it.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Daphne formerly Old Yellow Bird"]The Brisbane Strikers. Rubbish, but you don''t get cold watching them![/quote]

I have a soft spot for Malaga. I used to go to Costa Del Sol a few times a year (as a family member lived there) and used to catch the odd game. The Malaga games were also on in the Spanish owned bars as well, so used to come home and get on Championship Manager (as it was then called) and play a couple of seasons with them, signing a few English players etc.

I always route for Celtic in the Celtic v Rangers fans, as it was my dads second team. Dont pay much attention to other games.

I also support AFC Wimbledon and put some money into their supporters trust, as I firmly believe in what they stand for. I despite MK Dons for the same reason, it should have been MK Dons starting at the bottom and AFC Wimbledon starting in League One or Two.

Thats it.

[/quote]

[Y] Good on ya! Bloody hate MK Dons ain''t nothing but a franchise.

France - Marseille

Holland - PSV

Italy - Inter Milan

Scotland - Celtic

Germany - Bayern Munich

USA - DC United

Dont necessarily support these teams, just like them most in those countries.

[quote user="USAcanary"]None, I was born overlooking "The Nest" on Rosary Rd and will die a Norwich city fan.[/quote]

We''re all Norwich first and foremost but you seem to be based in the US, so surely you have a passing interest in a

[quote user="dpit"]

n.....American side

[/quote]

I did go and see Hucks play for SJ but its not the same.

Both Barcelona and SJE.With regards to Barca, I enjoy the way they play and, as I can''t be accused of being a glory hunter following Norwich City, it''s nice to watch a ''quality'' team for a change!  I have suppported them since I went to the Nou Camp as a wee lad.SJE again just for Hucks.  I would like to think I will still look our for them when Hucks leaves to come back to Carrow Road.....