Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Le Tissier consortium look set to take over Saints

Can''t help but think that Huckerby couldn''t try and find some Rich American who is interested in football to put his money into a proper football club and not a pathetic American football wanabe club? :p

southampton will be in the lower leagues for a while yet have you seen le tissier on soccer saterday just 20 stone of bullshit, they will still be skint just to keep them going basically

[quote user="barryevans"]southampton will be in the lower leagues for a while yet have you seen le tissier on soccer saterday just 20 stone of bullshit, they will still be skint just to keep them going basically[/quote]

you must be some kind of mug if you think it''s Le TISSIER putting up the money..

He is a front for a very rich consortium, some of them with close ties to this area.

City missed out here, and we may well live to regret it.

[quote user="becclesboy"]

He is a front for a very rich consortium, some of them with close ties to this area. City missed out here, and we may well live to regret it.[/quote]

Oh go on then Mr One-Post.  Let''s have some names.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

He is a front for a very rich consortium, some of them with close ties to this area. City missed out here, and we may well live to regret it.[/quote]

[/quote]

I have  no idea whether they have connections with Norfolk but Le Tissier has put his name (and presumably some money) to a group consisting predominantly of developers - according to the local paper a part amalgam of two groups who started out separately.  Some pulled out when they saw the state of Saints finances.[+o(]  It is a very rich area, of course, so there should be some money floating around even in these times. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

I have  no idea whether they have connections with Norfolk but Le Tissier has put his name (and presumably some money) to a group consisting predominantly of developers - according to the local paper a part amalgam of two groups who started out separately.  Some pulled out when they saw the state of Saints finances.[+o(]  It is a very rich area, of course, so there should be some money floating around even in these times. 

[/quote]

What about the state of our finances?..... 

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

He is talking crap.

I wouldn''t think anywhere near as bad as Southampton - you appear to be still paying your staff.  Charlton debt most recently estimated at £37m and I thought it was interesting that their "Saudi investors" took one look at the books and the genie disappeared as quickly as it arrived. Preston on record as "seriously worried" about where future investment is coming from.

The late Mr Doncaster claimed - with all that entails - that Norwich were up to date with their tax and VAT payments.  Who knows?

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Can''t help but think that Huckerby couldn''t try and find some Rich American who is interested in football to put his money into a proper football club and not a pathetic American football wanabe club? :p[/quote]Yeah he''s not doing enough... puts himself first.Sack him

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I wouldn''t think anywhere near as bad as Southampton - you appear to be still paying your staff.  Charlton debt most recently estimated at £37m and I thought it was interesting that their "Saudi investors" took one look at the books and the genie disappeared as quickly as it arrived. Preston on record as "seriously worried" about where future investment is coming from.

The late Mr Doncaster claimed - with all that entails - that Norwich were up to date with their tax and VAT payments.  Who knows?

[/quote]

Southampton Leisure Holdings’ key creditors are Aviva, which financed the club’s stadium and is owed £30 million, Barclays, the club’s bank, which is owed £5 million, and HM Revenue & Customs, which is owed £2 million. (The Times)

Aviva will write a fair bit off.  Sticking point, we believe, are Barclays and the taxman who won''t.[:O]

Any idea who the actual bank-roller is then (ie the man behind Tony Lynham with several hundered million pounds)?

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Can''t help but think that Huckerby couldn''t try and find some Rich American who is interested in football to put his money into a proper football club and not a pathetic American football wanabe club? :p[/quote]

the san francisco 49ers are the nearest American Football team to San jose.. judging by their decline over the past 10 years i''d sooner hucks didnt invite their owner to buy us!

jas :)

[quote user="First Wizard"]

You watch Southampton get promoted before us, they''ve removed their cancer, whilst we still have our tumour!

[/quote]

Nice Analogy. Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn''t surprize me if you wanted her to get it and your sick like that.

You watch Southampton get promoted before us, they''ve removed their cancer, whilst we still have our tumour!

[/quote]No sure its a cancer - Southampton seems more to have been inflicted by a leech - they have got rid of it but now they need blood to live. Unfortunately the larger leech has gone there are still some that remain soaking up what little blood there is. Rasiak is one such smaller leech.Norwich seem to be getting rid of the players that cost money and trying to get in others that do the job for less. Cody looked brighter than Cureton and probably costs a fraction of what Jamie is paid.Also I think Fotheringham earnt more than £6k a week.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Nice Analogy. Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn''t surprize me if you wanted her to get it and your sick like that.

[/quote]

Christ, who are you? the thought police?[:|]

becclesboy seems to be possibly hinting at Cullum being involved in the Saints takeover. Now how angry would everyone be if they end up getting the money that we might have had?

David Frost and Mat Le Tiss are close friends! Could be.

But one things for sure that Tiss is being used as a front, and may even be their next chairman. He has that sort of money.

Another money bags is a very very rich petro-chemists who lives in Lyndhurst (NEW FOREST)..and he has several buisness interest in East Anglia.

[/quote]

I have been saying all summer long that I would rather be in the Saints shoes even with their - 10 point penalty than ours.

We will soon be languishing behind them by Christmas I reckon.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

I have been saying all summer long that I would rather be in the Saints shoes even with their - 10 point penalty than ours.

[/quote]What a statement! At the moment they will be very lucky to have any senior players left at the club and it won''t be through choice - the ones they have are too expensive for them to keep and they don''t have the money to replace them even if they do get half decent money for them. I doubt this somewhat though as you are talking about players aged 30+ who are unlikely to push much higher than the £400k mark especially considering the wage demands.-10 points. If that isnt enough as it is players that they may want to sign might look at that and see it as confirmation that the Saints will not be going anywhere for another season - at least not upwards. If you want to attract players you want them to be winners and players that aspire to be playing at a higher level. Norwich are a better proposition for being able to do that next season.They are in administration - so at the moment they will not be able to free up much money to invest in players at all because any spare cash will be going to the administrators. So even if they wanted to it is unlikely that they will be getting any players off any A-Lists they may or may not have.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What a statement! At the moment they will be very lucky to have any senior players left at the club and it won''t be through choice - the ones they have are too expensive for them to keep and they don''t have the money to replace them even if they do get half decent money for them. I doubt this somewhat though as you are talking about players aged 30+ who are unlikely to push much higher than the £400k mark especially considering the wage demands.

-10 points. If that isnt enough as it is players that they may want to sign might look at that and see it as confirmation that the Saints will not be going anywhere for another season - at least not upwards. If you want to attract players you want them to be winners and players that aspire to be playing at a higher level. Norwich are a better proposition for being able to do that next season.

They are in administration - so at the moment they will not be able to free up much money to invest in players at all because any spare cash will be going to the administrators. So even if they wanted to it is unlikely that they will be getting any players off any A-Lists they may or may not have.
[/quote]

Of course everything you say above is true my little Chick Pea... what you fail to mention is that all of the above could quite easily be applied to ourselves also.

The one exception is the - 10 points penalty... could that be awarded to us later this season?  I would say that if the cook does not bail out soon then there is a high probability of this being the case.