Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Are we going to enter the johnstones paint trophy?

i hear you have to decide to enter it,so will we.

if we do im sure we will only embarres ourselves:S

does anyone know if we are definatly entering??

OTBC

[quote user="ncfcrule"]

i hear you have to decide to enter it,so will we.

if we do im sure we will only embarres ourselves:S

does anyone know if we are definatly entering??

OTBC

[/quote]

You don''t have a choice.  All League One and Two clubs are entered into it because it is the Football League Trophy just altered to cover the sponsor name.

I assumed it was compulsory, although can''t find anything to suggest either way.

In my opinion, it would be pretty disrespectful not to enter.  We''re on a level playing field with most of those teams now.

Am strangely looking forward to it for some reason!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="JJ"]

Am strangely looking forward to it for some reason!

[/quote]

chance of wembley!

[/quote]

Chance of a new ground!

It might raise a few extra quid too, specially if we win it..... I wouldn''t mind a day out at Wembly, it might be one of the less miserable days of being a city fan....

I think it would be a good competition to blood some of the youngster''s that will play on the fringes of the team (thats if they dont actually end up being first team regulars at the start of the season) players like Lathorpe, Kelly,Adeyemi and Rudd (if hes not No1 that is), they may then push into the team towards the end of the season.

I ''m sure we have to enter - why wouldn''t we?

I agree it would be a good chance to try new players.

We may actually get somewhere - when was the last time we got anywhere at all in a cup competition? Winning any game has got to be good (if we can)

I''m just glad it''s not called the LDV Vans trophy these days.Johnstones paint is quite good quality....

[quote user="Herb"]I''m just glad it''s not called the LDV Vans trophy these days.

Johnstones paint is quite good quality....
[/quote]

Or the Freight Rover Trophy!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]of course we will enter..it will bring ticket revenue[/quote]

The monies garnered by Luton''s run and JPT victory is enabling them to keep their better players.They''ve also signed two useful players in winger, Adam Newton from Brentford and Andy Burgess of Rushden already.

Well.... I''ve got my colour chart here with me....

I think I''ll go with Prostate Gland Cream walls, Breast Milk White on the ceilings and Rectal Gleam eggshell for the woodwork.

Nice.....

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

Well.... I''ve got my colour chart here with me....

I think I''ll go with Prostate Gland Cream walls, Breast Milk White on the ceilings and Rectal Gleam eggshell for the woodwork.

Nice.....

[/quote]

I recommend Signal Red for the garage door.  It will be interesting to see whether you end up in the Southern Division or the Northern Division.  Seems a bit of a lottery (see under Kings Lynn).  

No, whats the point in that, a probably once in a lifetimes chance to walk down wembley way in the yellow and green, you don''t just boycott it!!!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]semis will do there at wembly![/quote]No they aren''t, the ''area finals'' (effectively semi-finals) are over two legs home and away.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

I can see it now....

Losing in the first round, at home to Burton Albion. [:$]

[/quote]

Which reminds me one of Fry''s after dinner jokes.

"I once lost a FA Cup game against a team three divisions below and all of them ******* part timers (pardon my language, gal). 

"Anyway the next day the reporter from the local rag rang me up and said ''Bazza, bet you kept them in the dressing room for an hour afterwards''

"Are you joking" I said.  "With the attention span of that lot you''d have no ******* chance beyond three minutes."[:D]

Can''t wait for the Johnstons Paint Trophy. Me and my mates have decided to make a day of the first round with an afternoon down the pub and customised t shirts - the works! Its gonna be a great day. We''re gonna treat it like an FA Cup final in an ironic gesture to the plight of the club