Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

F A Cup Final - a must watch or not??

I watched about have of the cup final - popping in from the garden now and then. Prior to this year i''d seen them all since 1972 (Leeds v Arsenal). Couldn''t really be bothered anymore. Also, the excellently designed structure is so good that have of the picture for the tv viewer  is in darkness.

I watched about have of the cup final - popping in from the garden now

and then. Prior to this year i''d seen them all since 1972 (Leeds v

Arsenal). Couldn''t really be bothered anymore. Also, the excellently

designed structure is so good that have of the picture for the tv

viewer  is in darkness.

Sorry, but you do mean half, don''t you? Otherwise i don''t understand [:S]

It''s not exactly enthralling viewing anymore is it? In fact i couldn''t give a toss most years now and can''t even remember the last one i watched. Think it was Liverpool - Arsenal when Michael Owen scored the winner!

Another part of the game destroyed my too much money!

The only good one in recent years was west ham liverpool. Apart from that most of them these days tend to be like watching paint dry.

Did anyone else seem to think they werent hyping it is as much this year. Watching sky sports news they made no where near as much fuss about it than they used to but that may be due to them no longer having the rights.

i remember when we started to watch it from 12 o clock!! these days i just watch bits, weird really i guess, football is a lot more exssesable these days!

Amazing that we all feel Everton were complete outsiders ....... and they finished 5th in the Premiership.

Just shows how much our top football clubs rely on cash and how they are now just playthings of the mega rich.

I''ve missed most of the recent finals due to work.  Used to make a big effort to swap shifts or get away early, but this year I actually forgot about it until the actual day.

Didn''t seem to register with many people I knew.  That never used to be the case.

I blame footie overkill,  once upon a time an actual live 90 minute match was something special like Beef Wellington, now it feels like Beef Burger.

I caught the last 20 minutes as it briefly looked like Everton might make a proper game of it, but then the inevitable happened and I wished I had gone to sit in the garden sooner instead...The classic Liverpool vs West Ham final reinvigorated things some years back but it proved to be a false dawn.... for me the FA Cup as a spectacle died during the Man Utd vs Chelsea effort of 2007, possibly the worst footballing ''event'' ever to (dis)grace a television screen.  Since then it just hasn''t held the same excitement and appeal.  Possibly doesn''t help that I used to watch the final with my brother every year and now I''m moved away - at least some good drinking company can liven up a bad game!

Football is dead these days. I still watched it but wouldn''t be bothered if I missed it.It used to be such a huge occasion but now, it''s practically nothing.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]boring, always 1 of the shit 4 teams in it ![/quote]

Pompey Cardiff anyone?

wasn''t a bad game to be fair but i thought Everton could of taken it by the scruff of the neck.. Petr Chech is a flapper and panicked whenever the ball went anywhere near him.. with the wide players everton had they could of taken advantage of that.

Chelseas goals were good but showed again a lack of concentration from the everton defence.. they had the game there for the taking and i feel another team would of pushed for a 2nd and 3rd and tried to kill chelski off early.... shame it didnt happen.

jas :)

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]i remember when we started to watch it from 12 o clock!! these days i just watch bits, weird really i guess, football is a lot more exssesable these days!
[/quote]

I remember that! the BBC used to show it from about 12 and thered be all soerts of good stuff to watch they would then switch to Motson or Barry Davies about half 2 for the build up.. those were the days.

jas :)

[quote user="hogesar"]I watched about have of the cup final - popping in from the garden now and then. Prior to this year i''d seen them all since 1972 (Leeds v Arsenal). Couldn''t really be bothered anymore. Also, the excellently designed structure is so good that have of the picture for the tv viewer  is in darkness.

Sorry, but you do mean half, don''t you? Otherwise i don''t understand [:S]
[/quote]

good call - clearly lack of sleep is driving me crazy (or craisi). Only getting have as much zzz as i need...

I used to like Cup Final day more than Christmas Day! This is the 70s and 80s I''m talking about when it was the biggest match in the football calendar and everybody used to talk about it. Now it''s just another game (although I did watch and quite enjoyed it this year).