Sign in to follow this  

Am I alone in thinking that

Having a PA lead OTBC before the game and having goal music as well is embarassing?

It''s better than having your manager come out onto the pitch to start singing - or should I say trying to sing!

Nothing wrong with it, it''s completely harmless and if anything it means everyone starts singing at pretty much the same time and thus the true power and full volume can be maintained right from the off.

The song ALWAYS gets me up for a game or keeps me gonig during the game itself. Case in point, when the 59''s team were doing their lap of honour at half time in the Barnsley game and the Barclay/snakepit led the OTBC it was truly one of the most magnificent sites I''ve ever seen or heard.

I can understand why we do the OTBC stuff at the beginning, it''s a good (if slightly cheesey) way to get all the crowd going, I especially like the display that happens on the scoreboards but I agree, the words on the screen prompting us to sing was a bit  too much.And anyway, the guy on the PA who leads it is my old drama teacher, so I have no problem with it!

OTBC  that is our song like it not

The music when we score a goal. Awful. Do we need to be reminded that we should be happy?

The music after any presentation. FA cup . European cup. End of season. Let the  fans do what a crowd does best.

Spontaneous atmosphere

It would be fine if everybody in the ground joined in, but I''m convinced, given that it doesn''t sound particularly loud, that no more than 4 or 5 thousand sing the song before kick off.

i had the pleasure to start the song of in the middle of the pitch....only the barclay and snake pit sang.....thank god they did join in tho :-)

i like the goal music[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

i like the goal music[Y]

[/quote]

I must say hearing the goal music outside of Carrow Road is rather an odd feeling.. usually it provokes such a good feeling when and if Norwich score but odd not to feel the same atmosphere outside of the ground..anyone else felt that or is it just me!? [^o)]

you''ll all be trying to tell the all blacks their hakka is a bit old fashioned and cheesy, it''s what makes us different and whilst i''ll admit that towards the end of last season it was a bit hard to make myself get going usually i find it right rousing.

I just think fans should be allowed to start songs themselves not whore it out to some bloke paying £100 to get it going. It''s not great but it''s not as bad as........ goal music, surely after goals is the loudest period in the stadium (well, unless its a consolation in a 5-1 defeat) and having the PA system blaring out music for us to clap along to is not needed! I hate the goal music with a passion.

Right then, with me on the pitch today I''ve got Darren and Jessie to lead the song, so come on now, the City Stand, Norwich and Peterborough Stand, the Jarrold, Barclay and OF COURSE the Chav Pit... sorry, Snake Pit.... 3....2.....1.....Where''s the money gone?

Depends, yeh its cringeworthy but its our song, you know ... LOLI for one think that "You will Never Walk alone" and Liverpool is a tenuoius if lame link... but i wouldnt say that to a Scouser !I only find OTBC horrid when they get some Old boy to sing it... Owch !

For what it is worth the complete words are:

In the days to call, which we have left behind.

Our boyhood''s glorious game.

And our youthful vigour has declined

with its mirth and its lonesome end;

You will think of the time, the happy time,

Its memories fond recall

When in the bloom of our youthful prime

We,ve kept upon the ball

Kick off, throw it in,..................................................

Let all tonight then drink with me

To the football game we love,

And wish it may successful be

As other games of old,

And in one grand united toast

Join player, game and song,

And fondly pledge your pride and toast,

Success to the City club.

Kick off, throw it in,...........................

Said to have been wrtten in 1905 by Abert Smith.

I like the bit about a "grand united toast". Wish it could happen on this Board.

About as good as the team running out to It''s a beautiful day. Shit song, shit team!

You cant even here those people singing kick it off anyway is pointless.

With the goalmusic I dont mind the idea of it, I just think the song they use needs to be changed. alot of grounds play chelsea dagger by fratellis and i think thats a pretty good song to play for when we score.