Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

McKenzie or Svensson or Doherty?

Who do you think should partner Huckerby up front?  Personally, in the last 2 games I think McKenzie has shown more threat up front than either of the other 2 players.  I know he missed a sitter on Saturday but so did Huckerby.  When he won the ball back and put Huckerby through he did something you wouldn''t expect see from Svensson or Doherty.  Wouldn''t it be great if we could ask Huckerby who he would like as a partner up front.  I hope Worthy gives him another start against Everton because I''m convinced he will find the net sooner rather than later.

Forget McKenzie for a start ! .......  goes through the motions .loses it completely  when the goal  is gaping ! ........ 

Agree that Hucks should be asked who he wants  up with him .......  he was  , yet again , up there on his own ! ......  sort it  Worthy !!

Jonson up front then leaves a gap on the wide right - McVeigh maybe but he seems too inconsistent.

Give the guys a chance - Leon and Sven have had less than 180 minutes from starts - no goals from Leon by Nov and we should give some one else a go - maybe back to sven or Ryan in my opinion.

Svensson.

He''s the only one of our strikers that can pass too, therefore links with Hucks the best.

He was well off form at the beginning of the season, but made a big difference on Saturday and should be given another chance if Leon doesn''t do the biz.

I don''t think any one is better than other two. I think the averageness shows by how our opinions change so rapidly - Docerty scored a tap in against newcastle and was the man, Leon scored 2 goals against the scum and so is the man (even now), Sven played a good 15 minutes against WBA and is suddenly back to his best......

Give Jarvis a go

sheded, what have the alternatives to Leon offered that he hasn''t?

I say they should stick with Leon. I think he''s come in for a lot of unnecessary stick for his missed chance on Saturday which nobody has levelled at Hux for his missed chance. Leon opted to try something difficult with his chance on Saturday and that was to take the ball on the volley. Admittedly from 8 yards out he needs to hit the target, but I wouldn''t have said that was an easy chance.

I''m well in the "give Leon another chance" camp.  He is obviosuly going to be nervous until he scores.   From what I hear on the radio he is much more involved than any other striker so far this year, so all he is lacking is a goal.  Once he gets one he will be the finished article.  Of course if he hasn''t scored in 3 or 4 more games you gotta play someone else.  If Svenson really did look good when he came on (only heard him mentioned on the radio once), then that should shake Leon up because until now what competition for his place has there been...Doherty, huh!  don''t make me laugh.

Hux isn''t scoring either and he''s not getting the flack Leon is after just 2 starts, give the boy a chance.

I think Hux''s finishing is just not up to premiership standards as was shown with his time at Man City.  There is no doubt his ability with the ball running at people is awesome, so perhaps Nigel should work on him as a winger.  He always looks dangerous when he picks it up on the left and runs at people and his final ball is good too.  He said himself he sets up more than he scores.  He just needs to defend a bit more and we could have an awesome left winger.   Plus he could make a serious stake for the England LW.

Yep, I''m with Stevenage, DDiM etc. in supporting Mackenzie''s case, but only up to a point. 

From Saturday''s evidence (with apologies to Doherty), I''d say of the three possibles he is the most likely to put fear into the opposing defence with his trickiness, whereas the other two do not instil a sense of imminent danger, being more straightforward players and not so fast as Leon.  We were looking in command, in theory anyway, in the last 10-15 minutes and camped out in their half with WBA looking helpless at times, but there was no trickery or guile or really any attempt to create or score a concrete goal (except when Drury and McVeigh were in possession on the extremities) which was why it was so frustrating for us watching it.  It was like being invited up to the bedroom and being shown the etchings.  Credit to their back four though.

I feel paradoxically that if Leon had been brought ON at that moment he would have caused some damage.  The trouble was, WBA''d been used to subduing him till then and maybe started to relax (or show their tiredness) when he got taken off, and the big (though rapidly slimming) Swede was unable to capitalise, being a bit too predictable and dare I say it, a tad slow.  What we want is for Leon to wear them down over the match and then be brought on near the end, to devastating effect (a terrible case of wanting to have my cake and eat it!)