Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Forget the rebate debate....why is nobody talking about returning their season ticket?

Some of you would make fantastic Man Utd fans.

My season ticket has been renewed because i love football, and i love this football club. I''ll be there regardless of division, owner, players, or the number of others sitting in Carrow Road around me.

I''m curious to know, of the supporters who go to football regardless of division, day out etc etc.  How many of those used to go several years back when we were struggling to get 14,000-15,000 to each game.Are they a different lot or the same lot after the other 8,000 -10,000 begger off again?

I find it bemusing how those who don''t buy a season ticket as regarded as pariahs by some on this board.  Its a worrying "us" and "them" attitude that has slowly crept in over the last few years.

Excellent OP by the way.  Out of interest, if we get a home draw in the Johnsons Trophy or the League Cup, it would be interesting to see what the turnout is for those games considering they are not already paid for.

Gunn''s vitiligo worse - [quote]I''m curious to know, of the supporters who go to football regardless of division, day out etc etc.  How many of those used to go several years back when we were struggling to get 14,000-15,000 to each game.Are they a different lot or the same lot after the other 8,000 -10,000 begger off again?[/quote]

Did you know that the measure of how well a football team is doing is mostly gauged by its attendances? One really doesn''t need to be carrying Einstein''s genes to suss that out. But of course, as most of the footballing world knows and derides us for, we''re the exception to the rule - and it''s an exception that nigh on 18,000 people seem to be peculiarly proud of - a peculiarity I''m unable to put my finger on -- maybe that 18,000 are hoping that one day trophies will be awarded for the number of people present Carrow Road?  [:P]

Well Bury Yellow I was at the Birmingham game and lost my way to the ground a couple of times. I was wearing the colours, no one treated me or my wife with disrespect when we asked our way. I am not sure if you were in a different part of the ground to me but I was with the main body of Norwich supporters. I heard no anti-Norwich chants of the sort I hear in the Barclay directed at visiting fans during a home match.

Apart from Ipswich, which is understandable, I don''t think the image of the club "stinks" . I talked to a member of staff in the Manchester United Club shop in Singapore and he spoke well enough of Norwich.

Somewhere on this Board a guy says he suppoprts the Club not the division they are in. Perhaps you would like to think about that?.

Well Paint me Yellow I have a couple of spare monitors you can have for free in the room here. Sorry my views have such a dramatic effect upon you !

NISA, Smudger & Co go on and on like the drip, drip, drip of a tap, Eventually like water their views get to the foundations and start to weaken them. Delia does not use a computer so she does not read the Message Board but she reads the papers and her husband uses a computer. They no doubt sort to molify the "fans" by asking Neil and Roger to step down thinking that, as a team, the Club could manage without their expertese and their expense.

A multi million pound organisation cannot run without professionals heading it up. It is too big to be run by a team of well meaning elderly business men and women. The dripping tap got rid of the two men who knew more about running NCFC than anyone else and suggested no one in their place. You will see the damage that tap has caused over the months to come.

Great post Shack... I believe only a few hundred have sent their season tickets back to the club.

Each to their own decision, but this would obviously send a stronger message across.

As for Bobert, why not try the theatre on a Saturday afternoon?  It is clear that you are no football fan!

[quote user="Bobert"]

Well Paint me Yellow I have a couple of spare monitors you can have for free in the room here. Sorry my views have such a dramatic effect upon you !

NISA, Smudger & Co go on and on like the drip, drip, drip of a tap, Eventually like water their views get to the foundations and start to weaken them. Delia does not use a computer so she does not read the Message Board but she reads the papers and her husband uses a computer. They no doubt sort to molify the "fans" by asking Neil and Roger to step down thinking that, as a team, the Club could manage without their expertese and their expense.

A multi million pound organisation cannot run without professionals heading it up. It is too big to be run by a team of well meaning elderly business men and women. The dripping tap got rid of the two men who knew more about running NCFC than anyone else and suggested no one in their place. You will see the damage that tap has caused over the months to come.

[/quote]

Keep posting Bobert.  You''re a one-man comedy show.  [:D]

[quote user="?"]

Some of you would make fantastic Man Utd fans.

My season ticket has been renewed because i love football, and i love this football club. I''ll be there regardless of division, owner, players, or the number of others sitting in Carrow Road around me.

if your telling the truth, your a real footy fan and im the exact same as you!

who cares if the N&P is empty, ill still sit there on my own cheering the team on!

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

What we will see is the damage that Delia and the likes of dimwits like you who have constantly supported has done to the club over the coming months.

None so blind as those who will not see... [H]

Smudger I was playing and watching football, including Norwich, long before you were born. I am a fan of Norwich who  pays his way like 17,000 others.

As for sending a strong message.... if there is no Chief Executive or Chairman of the Club who is to tell anyone that a message has been sent across?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Great post Shack... I believe only a few hundred have sent their season tickets back to the club.

Each to their own decision, but this would obviously send a stronger message across.

As for Bobert, why not try the theatre on a Saturday afternoon?  It is clear that you are no football fan!

[/quote]

Who is there to "send this message across" now that the Chairman and the Chief Executive have stepped down? You think Delia and Win Jones sit in the ticket office all day waiting for the post to arrive?

I watch football on a Saturday afternoon Smudger from the Barclay with my wife and sons. What do you do?

Great post, Shack. I''m sure I''m not the only one who enjoys your posts and would like to hear more from you on this board.

I was extremely tempted to return my season ticket. In the end I decided that I still want to go to Carrow Road, and that if City are at home on a Saturday I can''t imagine being in Norwich and not being at the game. I totally agree that a large amount of returned season tickets would send a message to the board. In the end I couldn''t bring myself to do it, and I am slightly ashamed of myself because of that.

I have claimed the rebate, though, and will be writing to Foulger to explain why. Literally sending a message to the board.

I do think, though, that whatever happens, the fans need to stick together. Renewing your season ticket and waiving the rebate is supporting the club through providing more funds. Claiming the rebate or returning your season ticket can be making a statement about the running of the club, and can therefore be an expression of support for the club. We are not plastic Premiership fans, we all care about the club and we would do well to remember that.

otbc.

[quote user="conker"]Because we are Norwich fans who despite the troubles on the pitch, still want to see our team/club play?
[/quote]

The club will still be there whether you have a season ticket or not , they do not miss you if you are not there - I have been very infrequently for 15 years and I don;t miss it at all - I cannot ever envisage having a season ticket but good luck to those that do , and it is their decision to take rebates or not , to boycott or not - I have no problem with either course of action

I am no less a fan because I have no season ticket , but give yourself a game or two away , the world keeps turning , the team keep playing and the club continues , you may find that local football is worth a punt 

[quote user="Bobert"]

We go to Carrow Road for a day out and to see the team win. It does not matter who Norwich beat as long as they win, the pies are good, we see our mates or family and we have a beer. I like the feeling I get in the pit of my gut when we score. I hate it when the other side score, or get a penalty or even a free kick. Accepting the fact that we are never going to do well in the Premiership because of our geographical position and because the dice have been loaded against us recruiting players by the FA and that it is going to be a struggle in the Championship due to the relegation payments we might as well play in League One and have a good time on a Saturday afternoon.

Now we have a club that is professionally leaderless and I put that down to this Message Board , NISA, Smudger, Wiz and their ilk and a young lad called CT who has not yet even got himself sorted out a job for his Summer holidays. What a shambles the "fans" and "supporters" are that moan. Thank goodness most of them do not...... about 17,000 of them I think there are.

[/quote]

Edited quote to include the bits I agree with......nice to see a balanced view on here.

NCISA (who represent no more than 10% of fans?) are attempting to influence all fans to the detriment of the club and failing to appreciate that the club is for sale if anyone wants it. If that''s the case, how does depriving the club of a potential £1m extra on the playing budget help? It certainly will not improve my enjoyment next year

Yes the board are to blame for some really bad decisions over the last 10 years but if the likes of NCISA, Smudger, Wiz et al have their way, I will not even be in a position to be able to watch Div 3 football when the club sinks

For what it''s worth, I''m having my rebate but anyone''s welcome to it for a fund to buy enough of Delias shares to remove overall control from her. A more positive spin than NCISA''s attempts to bring the club down....

[quote user="Norfolkn Good"][quote user="Bobert"]

We go to Carrow Road for a day out and to see the team win. It does not matter who Norwich beat as long as they win, the pies are good, we see our mates or family and we have a beer. I like the feeling I get in the pit of my gut when we score. I hate it when the other side score, or get a penalty or even a free kick. Accepting the fact that we are never going to do well in the Premiership because of our geographical position and because the dice have been loaded against us recruiting players by the FA and that it is going to be a struggle in the Championship due to the relegation payments we might as well play in League One and have a good time on a Saturday afternoon.

Now we have a club that is professionally leaderless and I put that down to this Message Board , NISA, Smudger, Wiz and their ilk and a young lad called CT who has not yet even got himself sorted out a job for his Summer holidays. What a shambles the "fans" and "supporters" are that moan. Thank goodness most of them do not...... about 17,000 of them I think there are.

[/quote]

Edited quote to include the bits I agree with......nice to see a balanced view on here.

NCISA (who represent no more than 10% of fans?) are attempting to influence all fans to the detriment of the club and failing to appreciate that the club is for sale if anyone wants it. If that''s the case, how does depriving the club of a potential £1m extra on the playing budget help? It certainly will not improve my enjoyment next year

Yes the board are to blame for some really bad decisions over the last 10 years but if the likes of NCISA, Smudger, Wiz et al have their way, I will not even be in a position to be able to watch Div 3 football when the club sinks

For what it''s worth, I''m having my rebate but anyone''s welcome to it for a fund to buy enough of Delias shares to remove overall control from her. A more positive spin than NCISA''s attempts to bring the club down....

[/quote]

Was this not one of NCISA''s suggestions... RE: giving your money to the Trust in a bid to offer the money for shares?

Still keep on with your ill-informed hate campaign against those who have actually stuck their heads above the parapet and trying to effect change at our club... [:$]

[quote user="Norfolk n Good"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This has never been stated as far as I''ve seen. If a statement has been issued clearly saying the club is FOR SALE then I stand corrected.

You''re under the assumption that the current board/manager will spend any funds properly and wisely. Hasn''t the last few seasons taught you anything? You even immediately followed the statement in blue by admitting the board have made some bad decisions (Over 10 whole years too). Have they not made enough of these decisions for you to say "Thats it, no more cash for you lot to waste"?

And don''t start blaming the concerned fans for this. At least the Smudgers, Wiz''s and the NCISA show genuine concern for the club, even if some of them are alittle OTT. All I see from the so-called "real fans" on the other side of the fence is a load of comments which, to me, are basically saying "I don''t really care what happens to the club as long as I''ve had a good day out", and lack any kind of concern for the clubs long term future. Surely a "real fan" would show they want to see real change and not just put up with another "hit and hope" season.

Paint me Yellow surely it is you and Nisa who "hit and hope" because you never offer any alternative to the current Board. You can not offer any constructive change. There is no one out there who is prepared to fund the Club except Delia and Win Jones. No one wants Norwich City any more than any one wants General Motors. The world has changed so if you want to watch football at Carrow Road on Saturday your only answer to to back the club as it is.

I am deeply saddened by this relegation, but already looking forward to next season for a variety of reasons, mostly personal (as a London based fan we have lots of nearby games, taking my boy to our local Club the Orient, and visiting bob in swindon again etc etc). But the main reason is probably because I look forward to seeing ''our'' own players (not loanees) and some youth coming through the ranks. Also I agree with Bobert, that in the end what matters is not titles, Cups, and glory, but the laughs, the drama, the emotions, the moments of skill and passion, and the friendship. My view is Delia has done little wrong, apart from being a tad too ambitious (and thinking she could produce a prem team in short time). She is not a football person by background, so she has contributed money and commitment to the Club. We have fallen down on the managerial and playing side, and although as owners, the buck must stop with her and MWJ, they cannot personally be faulted for getting key recruitment and appointment decisions wrong.   

[quote user="corbs"]I am deeply saddened by this relegation, but already looking forward to next season for a variety of reasons, mostly personal (as a London based fan we have lots of nearby games, taking my boy to our local Club the Orient, and visiting bob in swindon again etc etc). But the main reason is probably because I look forward to seeing ''our'' own players (not loanees) and some youth coming through the ranks. Also I agree with Bobert, that in the end what matters is not titles, Cups, and glory, but the laughs, the drama, the emotions, the moments of skill and passion, and the friendship. My view is Delia has done little wrong, apart from being a tad too ambitious (and thinking she could produce a prem team in short time). She is not a football person by background, so she has contributed money and commitment to the Club. We have fallen down on the managerial and playing side, and although as owners, the buck must stop with her and MWJ, they cannot personally be faulted for getting key recruitment and appointment decisions wrong.   [/quote]

There are so many facets to football aren''t there?  I am not qualified to say about the management side but I think the rest of what you write is spot on so far as my own attitude is concerned.  I suppose this is why so many people go off and support Man U & Co - it is guaranteed success more or less but I''ve had some thrilling moments in the lower leagues over the years, even in the Conference, and in the days when I could go there was often good banter with the opposition and a very good day out.  Poor old Rochdale is a good case in point: friendly fans (or certainly used to be) - 35 years in Division Two, the longest any club has ever spent in the bottom division.

But times have changed dramatically and fans expectations are far greater than they ever were, in my opinion. In a way I think some of the Prem "glory" has influenced that (without the money, of course).   Let''s hope you find that there are some good games of football available in "Division Three". I believe there are.  I certainly agree with you very much that a team of loanees really takes the sting out of a team "belonging" to the club. 

top post Shack Attack and I have posted on here that I am giving full consideration to it, now that I know I can claim my full £366 back before the start of the season. In response to my rebate letter I wrote back saying I will claim the rebate back now but that if there wasn''t significant investment and/or change of owner before August then I would be returning my ticket for a full refund. Today apparently a nice lady from the club phoned my home number wanting to discuss my letter. I was at work but my son took the call which was a request for me to call back to discuss. No doubt for some more emotional blackmail.

I seriously think that if enough season ticket holders wrote along similar lines then that would add more pressure to bring about change at the club. Whilst there is a full house at Carrow Rd there is very little pressure for change

[quote user="corbs"]I am deeply saddened by this relegation, but already looking forward to next season for a variety of reasons, mostly personal (as a London based fan we have lots of nearby games, taking my boy to our local Club the Orient, and visiting bob in swindon again etc etc). But the main reason is probably because I look forward to seeing ''our'' own players (not loanees) and some youth coming through the ranks. Also I agree with Bobert, that in the end what matters is not titles, Cups, and glory, but the laughs, the drama, the emotions, the moments of skill and passion, and the friendship. My view is Delia has done little wrong, apart from being a tad too ambitious (and thinking she could produce a prem team in short time). She is not a football person by background, so she has contributed money and commitment to the Club. We have fallen down on the managerial and playing side, and although as owners, the buck must stop with her and MWJ, they cannot personally be faulted for getting key recruitment and appointment decisions wrong.   [/quote]

no ambition whatsoever

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

There are so many facets to football aren''t there?  I am not qualified to say about the management side but I think the rest of what you write is spot on so far as my own attitude is concerned.  I suppose this is why so many people go off and support Man U & Co - it is guaranteed success more or less but I''ve had some thrilling moments in the lower leagues over the years, even in the Conference, and in the days when I could go there was often good banter with the opposition and a very good day out.  Poor old Rochdale is a good case in point: friendly fans (or certainly used to be) - 35 years in Division Two, the longest any club has ever spent in the bottom division.

But times have changed dramatically and fans expectations are far greater than they ever were, in my opinion. In a way I think some of the Prem "glory" has influenced that (without the money, of course).   Let''s hope you find that there are some good games of football available in "Division Three". I believe there are.  I certainly agree with you very much that a team of loanees really takes the sting out of a team "belonging" to the club. 

[/quote]

Spoken like a true Lincoln City supporter.........oh and Colchester Utd supporter.........oh and someone who for some reason, despite supporting Lincoln City & Colchester Utd, seems to spend a lot of time on a Norwich City Message Board. You are truly qualified to give an opinion on the ambtions of the typical Norwich City fan, and not irritating at all, honestly.

I think the move for change is a valid one - but hurting the club financially is NOT the way to do it. OK, opinion is divided on whether rebates should be claimed - thats down to each individual - but it will help the club more if you CAN let them keep it

Also valid is the argument that people want to see their club play - no matter what league we''re in. So here''s a suggestion

For a few league games this season, as many fans as possible boycott one half of the game. It needs to be co-ordinated - some missing first half and some missing second wont work. If the team kick off the second half in front of 5,000 whereas there were 25,000 for the 1st half, then theres a noticeable difference. Likewise if everyone floods in at half time. People could even stay in the ground but stay in the lounges etc. Its more likely to be a unique effect that will draw attention from the national media to the situation than staying away altogether - most L1 clubs only play in front of a few thousand anyway and staying away totally will just show that NCFC supporters are no better than anyone else

As for the NCISA - I reckon theyre secret Binners. Discuss.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]top post Shack Attack and I have posted on here that I am giving full consideration to it, now that I know I can claim my full £366 back before the start of the season. In response to my rebate letter I wrote back saying I will claim the rebate back now but that if there wasn''t significant investment and/or change of owner before August then I would be returning my ticket for a full refund. Today apparently a nice lady from the club phoned my home number wanting to discuss my letter. I was at work but my son took the call which was a request for me to call back to discuss. No doubt for some more emotional blackmail. I seriously think that if enough season ticket holders wrote along similar lines then that would add more pressure to bring about change at the club. Whilst there is a full house at Carrow Rd there is very little pressure for change[/quote]

We already wrote a letter and put it in with the emotional blackmail letter and forms.  They can ring up here, but they won''t like what I have to say lol.

Hey BB maybe it was Delia that rang you pmsl

[quote user="Bobert"]Paint me Yellow surely it is you and Nisa who "hit and hope" because you never offer any alternative to the current Board. You can not offer any constructive change. There is no one out there who is prepared to fund the Club except Delia and Win Jones. No one wants Norwich City any more than any one wants General Motors. The world has changed so if you want to watch football at Carrow Road on Saturday your only answer to to back the club as it is.[/quote]

Its hard to offer any decent realistic ideas to the current board when they simply cannot compete in todays footballing world. If they can''t compete financially then its severely narrows down the field for new ideas and ultimately means there is only one solution (unfortunately money rules in this industry). Now I understand the current world situation is in dire straits but many football clubs both bigger and smaller than ours are still finding new owners. This is probably because they don''t put barriers up in the form of ultra specific criteria, don''t ask for unrealistic prices for shares, don''t spend money on pointless fixed assets making the club more costly to run and less attractive to buy and, in the case of Newcastle, the current owner publicly admits he''s failed and greatly reduces his asking price to get rid (Ashley is prepared to lose over Â£50mil to rid himself of Newcastle - brave man).

Now I know its not my money or my shares but theres one idea for them already - reduce the asking price for their shares. If you lower the price enough someone WILL take you up on the offer (and as we both agree times are hard and losses/cuts have to be made). If they are serious about getting out then its the only course of action they can and should take. By the way the GM/Norwich City comparison isn''t quite the same as thankfully we''re not asset stripping the club and getting ready to file for bankruptcy/administration (yet), but it could still happen if drastic measures are not taken by the board.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="Bobert"]Paint me Yellow surely it is you and Nisa who "hit and hope" because you never offer any alternative to the current Board. You can not offer any constructive change. There is no one out there who is prepared to fund the Club except Delia and Win Jones. No one wants Norwich City any more than any one wants General Motors. The world has changed so if you want to watch football at Carrow Road on Saturday your only answer to to back the club as it is.[/quote]

Its hard to offer any decent realistic ideas to the current board when they simply cannot compete in todays footballing world. If they can''t compete financially then its severely narrows down the field for new ideas and ultimately means there is only one solution (unfortunately money rules in this industry). Now I understand the current world situation is in dire straits but many football clubs both bigger and smaller than ours are still finding new owners. This is probably because they don''t put barriers up in the form of ultra specific criteria, don''t ask for unrealistic prices for shares, don''t spend money on pointless fixed assets making the club more costly to run and less attractive to buy and, in the case of Newcastle, the current owner publicly admits he''s failed and greatly reduces his asking price to get rid (Ashley is prepared to lose over Â£50mil to rid himself of Newcastle - brave man).

Now I know its not my money or my shares but theres one idea for them already - reduce the asking price for their shares. If you lower the price enough someone WILL take you up on the offer (and as we both agree times are hard and losses/cuts have to be made). If they are serious about getting out then its the only course of action they can and should take. By the way the GM/Norwich City comparison isn''t quite the same as thankfully we''re not asset stripping the club and getting ready to file for bankruptcy/administration (yet), but it could still happen if drastic measures are not taken by the board.

[/quote]

Additional point.

I can''t be expected to offer an alternative to the current board as regretfully I don''t personally know any rich business men willing to buy a football club, nor do I have the power or influence. Instead what I can advise them to do (as said above) is to cut their losses, reduce their asking price and they''ll soon tempt someone to take the reigns at the club.

[quote user="conker"]Because we are Norwich fans who despite the troubles on the pitch, still want to see our team/club play?[/quote]yeap!

Some interesting points made but a few posters seem to have misunderstood the point I was trying to make. I''m not suggesting for one minute that anybody stops going to games altogether or withdraws their support completely. What I''m trying to do is establish why those who seek change are willing to try everything except the one course of action that really sends a message to the board about just how p*ssed off we all are. I thought that I made that fairly clear in my original post and I strongly believe that any action taken against the board now will be deflected by the buffer that 17,000+ season ticket holders are providing.I would never tell anybody who has renewed that they are wrong to do so as it is a personal choice that can be influenced by many different factors. SoB and Robert have clearly thought long and hard about the consequences of renewing and I fully respect their decision. What I''m wondering is how many of those who attended the latest NCISA meeting and gave a vote of no confidence to the board have given their decision as much thought as these two. Barclay_Boy has stated that he is now giving consideration to returning his season ticket but other than him many of the ''Board Outers'', I hate names like that but couldn''t think of anything better [:D], have remained silent on this thread. When a few of you protested after the Reading game there were plenty of fingers pointed at those who did not as if only the protesters really cared but anyone can stand around on an empty street and shout and scream. Why don''t you all consider making a much bigger sacrifice? What are you scared of?