Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Forget the rebate debate....why is nobody talking about returning their season ticket?

I''ve posted on this message board for a reasonably long time now and I can honestly say this is the closest there has been to a general consensus on the problems we have faced over the last three or four years. Whereas in the past many posters preferred to place the blame at the door of various managers and/or players it now seems that the vast majority want to see change at boardroom level. Now many of us prefer to accept that although change is required there is very little that the average supporter can do to bring this about but there is also a growing number who want to ''do something''. We''ve had statements from NCISA and a meeting and I expect that they, and other supporters groups, will be preparing further action over the summer months.So my question is......why has nobody suggested the greatest sacrifice of all and the one course of action that will guarantee the board sit up and take notice? You see you can take your £70 rebate and hope that it sends a message to the club about how p*ssed off you are but I''m willing to bet that the club will still have received far more in season ticket revenue than they would ever have believed possible following relegation to the third tier. So you''ll be making a point of sorts but I honestly don''t think it will be applying any real pressure to the owners, which surely must be the aim?What is going to happen after everybody has made their decision on the rebate issue? Let''s say that it is split 50-50, or even 60-40 in favour of taking the rebate, the fact that Michael Foulger is now matching any money raised from those who are not claiming it means that any campaign to claim it is pretty worthless. So what happens next? I see Smudger claiming that there is ''hatred'' being directed at Delia by the people of Norwich and that this will spill over into protests early on in the season, but what will this achieve? Surely the board can just point to the 17,000+ season ticket holders as proof that the majority are happy for them to continue? Regardless of meetings, protests and statements it''s bums on seats that count. It seems to me that there are a growing number who want the kudos of being involed in a protest so that they can shout a few rude words at board members and be in ''the gang'' but who haven''t really thought through what their decision to renew their season ticket says to the club.So this post is aimed at those who make the most noise. Those who want ''The Cook Out'' but who can''t quite manage to cut the strings to her apron. If season ticket numbers were to drop by a significant amount, and I keep hearing about just how many people want change, then that would put real pressure on the board to seek alternative investment/ownership. And I don''t want hear that old excuse about how much cheaper it is to get a season ticket rather than buying on a game by game basis. The whole point of a season ticket boycott is that you put more pressure on the club to earn your support so maybe, and I know this may sound shocking to you all, you don''t go to every game to start with. Plus you have to assume that the price of casual tickets will go down if there are larger numbers available.I haven''t posted much recently as I just feel that there is very little we as supporters can do about our current plight which saddens me greatly. This post is really aimed at those who feel we can force change or at least make life a little more ''uncomfortable'' for the board as I''ve yet to see any serious suggestion of a boycott. I guess I''m just playing Devils Avocado really [;)]

It doesn''t matter that you seldom post, because when you do the content of your posts are mostly high in quality, but the above one is an exception...It''s an exception inasmuch as it''s the best post I''ve read here in months.

The fans stopped turning up at St Mary''s, and look what has happened to Southampton............ If we stop turning up then the club will be on the brink of extinction, that is a simple fact. There is nothing we can do, we voiced our opinions towards the board at the Valley, and will do so again if things don''t look up, but thats all we can do.

Do you want to bet a rebates worth of money that both Southampton & Charlton will be back in the in the 2nd Division before us?

Cheers Shyster that''s very decent of you [:D] 

Ellis, I think Southamptons problems were a lot greater than that of fans not turning up. You''re mixing up facts with opinion I''m afraid. And anyway I never suggested that fans should not turn up, just that they should think twice about paying up front for a whole season. If we''re talking about voicing our opinions to the board what does 17,000+ supporters paying up front for a whole season regardless of past performance suggest our opinion is?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Cheers Shyster that''s very decent of you [:D] 

Ellis, I think Southamptons problems were a lot greater than that of fans not turning up. You''re mixing up facts with opinion I''m afraid. And anyway I never suggested that fans should not turn up, just that they should think twice about paying up front for a whole season. If we''re talking about voicing our opinions to the board what does 17,000+ supporters paying up front for a whole season regardless of past performance suggest our opinion is?[/quote]What are the origins of Southampton''s problems?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''ve posted on this message board for a reasonably long time now and I can honestly say this is the closest there has been to a general consensus on the problems we have faced over the last three or four years. Whereas in the past many posters preferred to place the blame at the door of various managers and/or players it now seems that the vast majority want to see change at boardroom level. Now many of us prefer to accept that although change is required there is very little that the average supporter can do to bring this about but there is also a growing number who want to ''do something''. We''ve had statements from NCISA and a meeting and I expect that they, and other supporters groups, will be preparing further action over the summer months.

So my question is......why has nobody suggested the greatest sacrifice of all and the one course of action that will guarantee the board sit up and take notice? You see you can take your £70 rebate and hope that it sends a message to the club about how p*ssed off you are but I''m willing to bet that the club will still have received far more in season ticket revenue than they would ever have believed possible following relegation to the third tier. So you''ll be making a point of sorts but I honestly don''t think it will be applying any real pressure to the owners, which surely must be the aim?

What is going to happen after everybody has made their decision on the rebate issue? Let''s say that it is split 50-50, or even 60-40 in favour of taking the rebate, the fact that Michael Foulger is now matching any money raised from those who are not claiming it means that any campaign to claim it is pretty worthless. So what happens next? I see Smudger claiming that there is ''hatred'' being directed at Delia by the people of Norwich and that this will spill over into protests early on in the season, but what will this achieve? Surely the board can just point to the 17,000+ season ticket holders as proof that the majority are happy for them to continue? Regardless of meetings, protests and statements it''s bums on seats that count. It seems to me that there are a growing number who want the kudos of being involed in a protest so that they can shout a few rude words at board members and be in ''the gang'' but who haven''t really thought through what their decision to renew their season ticket says to the club.

So this post is aimed at those who make the most noise. Those who want ''The Cook Out'' but who can''t quite manage to cut the strings to her apron. If season ticket numbers were to drop by a significant amount, and I keep hearing about just how many people want change, then that would put real pressure on the board to seek alternative investment/ownership. And I don''t want hear that old excuse about how much cheaper it is to get a season ticket rather than buying on a game by game basis. The whole point of a season ticket boycott is that you put more pressure on the club to earn your support so maybe, and I know this may sound shocking to you all, you don''t go to every game to start with. Plus you have to assume that the price of casual tickets will go down if there are larger numbers available.

I haven''t posted much recently as I just feel that there is very little we as supporters can do about our current plight which saddens me greatly. This post is really aimed at those who feel we can force change or at least make life a little more ''uncomfortable'' for the board as I''ve yet to see any serious suggestion of a boycott. I guess I''m just playing Devils Avocado really [;)]
[/quote]

because i want to watch norwich play next season

simple

[quote user="Shyster"][quote]simple[/quote]

Yes, indeed you are [:P] with bells on.
[/quote]

Excellent ! Now we can add " simple " to the pigeon holed " happy clappers ", " Delia lovers " , " Percy Positives ". The minute you chuck out an insult it loses you respect and invalidates any argument you have !

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

Yes, indeed you are [:P] with bells on.
[/quote]

Excellent ! Now we can add " simple " to the pigeon holed " happy clappers ", " Delia lovers " , " Percy Positives ". The minute you chuck out an insult it loses you respect and invalidates any argument you have !

[/quote]

I dont think shysters arguments have ever had any validation.

I have a season ticket so I can go and watch the team i support at the cheapest possible price.

I am claiming my rebate, not to send a message to the board, simply because I want it back.

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

Yes, indeed you are [:P] with bells on.[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t need others respect to validate my points of view because I have self-respect in abundance. It''s the people with a low esteem of themselves who I''m targeting, and it looks as though I''ve hit the bullseye where you''re concerned.

[quote]The fans stopped turning up at St Mary''s, and look what has happened to Southampton[/quote]

....Their board took notice and so did Le Tissier and his consortium who are about to take control of the club and sort out the mess they''re in. Returning season tickets and boycotting games doesn''t seem like such a bad idea now does it? It forced the issue there, why can''t it here?

To the original poster. Brilliant post, its just a shame too many fans will simply go to games because its Norwich City and they can''t bring themselves not to turn up. All thats required from the fans is to boycott no more than 4-5 games and the message will soon sink in. Instead failure is yet again rewarded with 18,000 bums on seats.

Seriously what does it take for people to say "enough is enough" because I don''t know anymore.

city4eva - [quote]I dont think shysters arguments have ever had any validation.[/quote]

The words in bold would''ve sufficed for that post. [:P]

Because we are Norwich fans who despite the troubles on the pitch, still want to see our team/club play?

[quote user="conker"]Because we are Norwich fans who despite the troubles on the pitch, still want to see our team/club play?[/quote]

I''m a Norwich fan and I want to see our team play, but unlike you I want to see our team playing football again.The ''troubles on the pitch'' stem from the boardroom and because of those at the helm I decided not to be a participant in the further demise of ''our'' club through financially aiding them - I decided to take the latter action at the end of the season following our relegation from the Premier.I am in fact a true representative of a football fan and supporter of NCFC, whereas ''fans'' of your ilk continue to flog a dead horse to the clubs detriment.Are you seriously proud of yourselves?

[quote user="conker"]Because we are Norwich fans who despite the troubles on the pitch, still want to see our team/club play?
[/quote]

I want to see them play. Infact as soon as we have a regime change and show signs of ambition I''ll write out a big fat cheque for a season ticket and send it to the club. Until then that money stays in my bank account and earns me interest.

[quote user="glove1"]

why havent most people returned their st? because going to football in an addiction and how much it is a bitter pill to swallow (still trying to swallow mine), most of us will be their come august as we cant not.

[/quote]

Well, your addiction to financially aiding the incompetent Board is killing the club I''ve supported for nigh on 43 years.Can''t you take up heroin instead and overdose on that?  [:P]

[quote user="Shyster"]Can''t you take up heroin instead and overdose on that?  [:P]
[/quote]Youth-in-asia Hey shys?

Tur-ban or not Turban, that is the question! [;)]

Well I think it is rather a silly post and assumes that most of us care if the team is in Division One, the Championship or the Premiership. Most of us just don''t care!

We go to Carrow Road for a day out and to see the team win. It does not matter who Norwich beat as long as they win, the pies are good, we see our mates or family and we have a beer. I like the feeling I get in the pit of my gut when we score. I hate it when the other side score, or get a penalty or even a free kick. Accepting the fact that we are never going to do well in the Premiership because of our geographical position and because the dice have been loaded against us recruiting players by the FA and that it is going to be a struggle in the Championship due to the relegation payments we might as well play in League One and have a good time on a Saturday afternoon.

Delia is OK by me. She puts her money where her mouth is, loves the Club, goes to home and away matches and runs a tight ship. I was sorry we lost Roger Munby as he was a polite and educated guy who put the case for the club very well. Maybe he would have done it better if he had not been such a sick man but none of you lot wanted to ask that question and check if you could help out. Neill Doncaster was OK too. The FA thought well enough of him mto give him a job. He was usually at his desk checking the running of the Club and the signings in general went thru pretty smoothly. Any of you could have talked to him on match day should you want to as he was almost always outside the ground. He answered his emails and was always polite.

Now we have a club that is professionally leaderless and I put that down to this Message Board , NISA, Smudger, Wiz and their ilk and a young lad called CT who has not yet even got himself sorted out a job for his Summer holidays. What a shambles the "fans" and "supporters" are that moan. Thank goodness most of them do not...... about 17,000 of them I think there are.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Well I think it is rather a silly post and assumes that most of us care if the team is in Division One, the Championship or the Premiership. Most of us just don''t care!

Now we have a club that is professionally leaderless and I put that down to this Message Board , NISA, Smudger, Wiz and their ilk

[/quote]

NURSE!!!!

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Bobert"]

Now we have a club that is professionally leaderless and I put that down to this Message Board , NISA, Smudger, Wiz and their ilk

[/quote]

NURSE!!!!

[/quote]

I don''t know what, Bobert,  does for a living, but it must be easy money.

You know Bobert you are entitled your opinion but I know of no Yella whether in the Barclay with me or my drinking chums in Bury that come anywhere near in agreeing with you.

It is a shame that it has to be interpreted that because so many of us have signed up for another season it means that we agree with the way the club is run. In fact we all agree that the philosophy and image of the club stinks.

You only had to go to a few away games last season to get the feeling of what other clubs think of us.... and that was before we were relegated.

As to ''not caring what league we play in et al'' ? I totally despair.

Great post Shack, and I am glad to see someone else has seen through the rebate issue. I agonised long and hard over whether to renew my ST, and in the end it came down to the fact that I enjoy my football. A bit of me wanted to give up my ticket, and for what it is worth I have sent a strongly worded letter to NCFC letting them know that renewing my ST should not be seen as an endorsement to the board and that I am disgusted with them regarding the "rebate letter" that I received from Michael Foulger. Despite now being a potential "Shyster target", I respect his/her decision not to renew their season ticket as I know how tough a call it was to make.

Bobert, we''re forever reminded that the opinions expressed on this message board do not represent the general view of the fans. And we''re reminded that these views have no impact on the direction of the club or the performance of the team. Now suddenly, according to you, they do. Which is it?

And you owe me a new PC monitor - you''re post just make me drench mine in vomit.

[quote user="Bobert"]

We go to Carrow Road for a day out and to see the team win. It does not matter who Norwich beat as long as they win, the pies are good, we see our mates or family and we have a beer. I like the feeling I get in the pit of my gut when we score. I hate it when the other side score, or get a penalty or even a free kick. Accepting the fact that we are never going to do well in the Premiership because of our geographical position and because the dice have been loaded against us recruiting players by the FA and that it is going to be a struggle in the Championship due to the relegation payments we might as well play in League One and have a good time on a Saturday afternoon.

Delia is OK by me. She puts her money where her mouth is, loves the Club, goes to home and away matches and runs a tight ship. I was sorry we lost Roger Munby as he was a polite and educated guy who put the case for the club very well. Maybe he would have done it better if he had not been such a sick man but none of you lot wanted to ask that question and check if you could help out. Neill Doncaster was OK too. The FA thought well enough of him mto give him a job. He was usually at his desk checking the running of the Club and the signings in general went thru pretty smoothly. Any of you could have talked to him on match day should you want to as he was almost always outside the ground. He answered his emails and was always polite.

Now we have a club that is professionally leaderless and I put that down to this Message Board , NISA, Smudger, Wiz and their ilk and a young lad called CT who has not yet even got himself sorted out a job for his Summer holidays. What a shambles the "fans" and "supporters" are that moan. Thank goodness most of them do not...... about 17,000 of them I think there are.

[/quote]

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]Er... so you don''t mind relegation then?

I support the club, not the division they are inSad that some people need a certain status associated with their support to give themselves what they perceive to be kudosOr have I got it all wrong againI love Delia