Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

David Nielsen..... What a nutter!

No new news here, but in case you forgot......

In 2004, "he was in trouble after he returned to Denmark when it was revealed that himself and a team-mate owed an Aalborg bookie €201,000."[8] His club stood by him, but he was sacked four months later when he "assaulted a team-mate, Allan Gaarde, during training. Gaarde was left with concussion after being punched in the face."[8] His explanation for the assault was that Gaarde was "pretentious... talking loudly about wine in Italian. "I told him: ''The next time you speak Italian I will break you in half. You''re not f***ing Italian - you spent eight months there.'' So when he did it again I decided to break his shitting legs like sticks. I jumped at him and bang. Jackpot. Felt good.""[8]

In November 2008, Nielsen admitted fixing a football match in Denmark in 2004. "In an interview with TV2 sports show LPS [Nielsen stated] that he had amassed huge gambling debts which had prompted him to take the action.".[9] The match concerned was "when one of his former clubs, Danish side AaB, faced FC Copenhagen in May, 2004".[9]