Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

signs of hope

So what signs have you seen to suggest the board have learnt from their mistakes and that we are going to pull out of the downward spiral....

.....no nor me, it IS groundhog summer all over again

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

So what signs have you seen to suggest the board have learnt from their mistakes and that we are going to pull out of the downward spiral....

[/quote]

Your supposed to be a vicar, most vicars that I have met are impartial, understanding and positive thinking. You have begun to spread a fair bit of negativity. 

Signs that they have learnt from mistakes:-

1) Sacking Neil Doncaster

2) Sacking Roger Munby

3) Foulger offering to match rebates with his own cash.

4) The rest we can wait until after 1st July, to see what happens in the transfer market.

1) I am not ''supposed'' to be a priest - I AM one.

2) We are not aliens but human beings who have as much right to their opinion, positive or negative, as anyone else

3) My vocation does not call for me to be nicer or more goody-goody than anyone else. I demands that as an equal sinner I try to help people spiritually and bring them into communion with God. The insistence on this message board that I am meant to be a ''perfect pete'' or Ned Flanders totally bemuses me.

4) I am far more interested in truth than blind positivity. As it happens I think there is something rotten at Carrow Road and the fans are not getting the football they deserve.

5) I am not only a priest but a fan. As a fan I am bitterly disappointed -and yes wholly negative- at the lack of vision, drive and ambition being shown by the board. Relegation- though obvious to everyones for ages- seems to have shocked them. There apears to be no plan save cross the fingers, hope for transfer funds and hope for the best. Not good enough and will result in years of L1 football unless we are careful.

Hope that helps. In all honesty it is getting so tedious being treated in a snide, hostile and often rude manner - with totally ridiculous expectations whenever I post a message. Nice to see Christian discrimination is alive and well on the pink un boards.

[/quote]I think we''ll need to wait to see who is appointed to the board and as ceo to really know what the future holds

I think Ryan would be well gutted to learn that when I lived in Essex a short while ago that after mass on a sunday I used to pop to the boozer over the road with our priest(father Chris) for a couple pints(and the odd scotch) to put the world to rights, including moaning about our respective football teams.[;)]

2) We are not aliens but human beings who have as much right to their opinion, positive or negative, as anyone else

3) My vocation does not call for me to be nicer or more goody-goody than anyone else. I demands that as an equal sinner I try to help people spiritually and bring them into communion with God. The insistence on this message board that I am meant to be a ''perfect pete'' or Ned Flanders totally bemuses me.

4) I am far more interested in truth than blind positivity. As it happens I think there is something rotten at Carrow Road and the fans are not getting the football they deserve.

5) I am not only a priest but a fan. As a fan I am bitterly disappointed -and yes wholly negative- at the lack of vision, drive and ambition being shown by the board. Relegation- though obvious to everyones for ages- seems to have shocked them. There apears to be no plan save cross the fingers, hope for transfer funds and hope for the best. Not good enough and will result in years of L1 football unless we are careful.

Hope that helps. In all honesty it is getting so tedious being treated in a snide, hostile and often rude manner - with totally ridiculous expectations whenever I post a message. Nice to see Christian discrimination is alive and well on the pink un boards.

[/quote]

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I think Ryan would be well gutted to learn that when I lived in Essex a short while ago that after mass on a sunday I used to pop to the boozer over the road with our priest(father Chris) for a couple pints(and the odd scotch) to put the world to rights, including moaning about our respective football teams.[;)]
[/quote]

Arsebiscuits!

[/quote]

Well put sir.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

Your supposed to be a vicar, most vicars that I have met are impartial, understanding and positive thinking. You have begun to spread a fair bit of negativity. 

2) Sacking Roger Munby

3) Foulger offering to match rebates with his own cash.

4) The rest we can wait until after 1st July, to see what happens in the transfer market.

[/quote]

The real sign of progress will be new able members of the Board of Directors. I certainly hope that this is not a long wait for fans.

Oh, as a by the by: my animation sig. of Delia smashing Dale wintons brain into a mixing bowl has mysteriously gone........... hmmmmmm.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

I think we''ll need to wait to see who is appointed to the board and as ceo to really know what the future holds
[/quote]

This is just getting stupid now, isn''t it?? The players have just finished for the season..managers are on holiday..this happens every year..Why can''t you be patient? Do you see much transfer activity going on elsewhere? The odd purchase here and there, but its blatantly obvious that we need to get some funds together from the sale of certain players, so we are able to get in the market ourselves...finance aside, its just the good old waiting game til contracts run out..I trust gunn and team fully that they are on the phones regularly as stated. As we all know, it doesnt happen overnight does it?!

CHILL!!

on the positvity issue: i agree with above post, you wanted the head of doncaster and munby and you got it...one step at a time boys...If it all goes wrong next season i truyl believe we''ll have delia''s head on a roaster with an apple in her mouth. Total upheaval all in one go would dop more harm than good, i.m.o!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

2) Sacking Roger Munby

[/quote]

Err? Doomy and Munby are still at the club Ryan!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

2) Sacking Roger Munby

[/quote]

[/quote]

Working their notice period.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

2) Sacking Roger Munby

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And you believe that?..............of course you do.[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

2) Sacking Roger Munby

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And you believe that?..............of course you do.[:S]

[/quote]

Munby is still a director until a fourth director can be found. They will be announcing a new CEO, which will clearly see the end of Doncaster.

We have no choice but to keep Munby for now, and we dont really have any choice but to keep Doncaster right now, since nobody else their has the legal standing required to formalise a contract or register transfers.

They are definetely going, I know that for sure, several people that I know who work for the club have been asked to contribute to Doncasters leaving gift. Thats enough confirmation for me not to be sucked into simple conspiracy theories.

[quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"]What about the conspiracy theory concerning you not thinking the vicar is not a man of the cloth?[;)]
[/quote]

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]What about the conspiracy that suggests that Ryan is really an 8 yr old girl.[;)]
[/quote]

Arsebiscuits!

[/quote]

Good post.

I think the reason why people are so wary towards men/women of the cloth is that religion - not the football version - doesn''t sit easily with the '' f''ing-and-blindin''-get-your-t*ts-out-for-the-lads '' philosophy of many fans. They think there is some sort of unsaid disapproval. That said just because you don''t swear on here like a navvy doesn''t mean you''re any less passionate in your support.

There can''t be many message boards who can boast a priest as one of their congregation ( you saw that one coming I hope ) and I''m glad you''re on here. Please don''t let a minority of us on here put you off contributing to the message board.

[quote]They are definetely going, I know that for sure, several people that I

know who work for the club have been asked to contribute to Doncasters

leaving gift.[/quote]Are they waiting until they have filled a whole bucket ?

Sorry VIYAG - but you advertise in your name so if a bit of banter about you being a vicar is getting on your nerves then remove it. Otherwise, dont be so sensitive - I have had discussions with you before and you seem to take exception to anyone who holds a different belief to you. Chill out man - you''ll win more respect for your beliefs that way. Peace