[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Blue"]

There seems to be lots of slagging off both directions. Those who want to claim should claim, those who don''t want to, don''t.  "Simples" :)

It''s up to the individual, their financial circumstances and their feelings towards the board. 

However, may I offer a compromise for those caught in the middle? Get the rebate and spend it in the club shop.  That way you make a statement, still give the club the money, but also get something out of it!

[/quote]
But doesn''t go straight into the transfer fund..
[/quote]

How can anyone prove that the rebate money will definitely be spent on the playing side anyway ?

With this Board''s track record I''m not holding my breath....  

[quote user="Stevo Barclay boy for ever"]If everyone took back their rebate then the club would lose 500,000 pounds now for a club like Norwich that is alot of money. I love this club and they can have my money because even in the worst times you have to stick with your club. Norwich cannot afford to lose 500,000 pounds and its having its own fans take that away from them. Now you tell me who is showing a lack of ambition here? I agree the board is not very good at all but there is only so much they can do with the money they have but then when fans come and take 500,000 away it makes the job alot more difficult. You''ve spent the money anyway, you''ve planned to lose it anyway so why not give it to your club that im sure you all love just as much as I do.[/quote]

The fans are not taking the money away! The price of a season ticket for league 1 is less than for the championship. We are being asked to pay EXTRA! If we took your view why dont we pay premiership prices.

So whats the problem with paying alittle extra you were going to anyway. Its not like your paying championship prices to see conference sides there is not that much difference between the two leagues. Your paying to watch your favourite team play for 23 games i don''t understand what the big deal is. Even if it helps NCFC a tiny little bit.

Stevo - You clearly have been sucked into all of this rebate shortfall nonsense. These are the questions you need to think about:

If the rebate was not offered how many ST renewals would there have been?, only then can you gauge with any accuracy how much the "shortfall" is - If you assume 16,000 fans would have renewed at the full price of say an average ST cost of £250, that gives you an income of £4M, if you assume all of the 18,300 ST renewals keep their rebate, and you assume they are all eligible to the 20% rebate that gives you an income of £3.66M (£200 x 18,300). This gives you a shortfall of £340K, which leads onto the second question.

Where has the figure of a £1M+ "shortfall" come from?, to arrive at that figure would mean an average ST price of £270 and again assumes all 18,300 ST renewals are eligible for the 20% rebate. Other posters talk of a £600K "shortfall", so what is it? and why do the club not just say exactly how much could be raised, after all they will know, rather than bandying emotive figures such as in excess of £1M?

Why are the club effectively trying to back out of a contract they have entered into with each and every ST holder?

What were the clubs projections re ST renewals following relegation, and how does the 18,300 ST renewals compare to those projections.

Personally I think the club must be absolutely delighted with the level of ST renewals they achieved, the "shortfall" (if indeed there is one) is way lower than the figures being bandied about and the letter from Mr Foulger is a dirty, shabby trick to pull on the very loyal, long suffering Norwich City fans.

[quote user="Stevo Barclay boy for ever"]So whats the problem with paying alittle extra you were going to anyway. Its not like your paying championship prices to see conference sides there is not that much difference between the two leagues. Your paying to watch your favourite team play for 23 games i don''t understand what the big deal is. Even if it helps NCFC a tiny little bit.
[/quote]

You just don''t get it do you?

The problem is that if everyone did what you said then we would be paying CHAMPIONSHIP prices for 3rd DIVISION football.  When some of us took out the option for another years season tickets, we did so on the BASIS that if we were relegated we would receive a REBATE.

It is OUR money, and OUR right to claim it back.

Why should we be made to feel guilty for wanting something that is ours anyhow?  I have claimed my rebate and I DO NOT feel guilty.

[:)]