[quote user="northeastcanary"]

The same people who claim their rebate will be the ones who are moaning about how crap the signings are and freebies etc! I have been a SUPPORTER! for 40 years now and despite the fact that i am now working in Nigeria for 9 months of the year have bought a season ticket and will  NOT be claiming my rebate because in my opinion its not about Delia or Doncaster blah blah! Its about supporting your team. Supporting Norwich is about more bad times than good! Get used to it ! Call me a happy clapper or whatever because i dont give a F**k! If you dont like it i suggest you support Man Utd or whoever! Rant over!

[/quote]

its only your opinion!

Frankly I would''ve claimed mine back whoever was in charge of the club; whatever decisions they had made. The thought of decreasing the manager''s transfer budget by £100 never came into it. As far as I see it...1) We were relegated, therefore I''m entitled to it, as stipulated by the season ticket mailer sent out months ago.2) As a student (yep, one of those filthy things!) I''m hardly in a position to turn down a spare £50 when it''s available to me.Simple as that.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="northeastcanary"]

The same people who claim their rebate will be the ones who are moaning about how crap the signings are and freebies etc! I have been a SUPPORTER! for 40 years now and despite the fact that i am now working in Nigeria for 9 months of the year have bought a season ticket and will  NOT be claiming my rebate because in my opinion its not about Delia or Doncaster blah blah! Its about supporting your team. Supporting Norwich is about more bad times than good! Get used to it ! Call me a happy clapper or whatever because i dont give a F**k! If you dont like it i suggest you support Man Utd or whoever! Rant over!

[/quote]

its only your opinion!

[/quote]

I''ve supported NCFC since the 1960''s too.

However I have a different opinion from you.

1. If the player budget is cut by £4.5m to £4m plus receipts from the sale of player registrations and  the overheads are cut  by £2m pa.(£600k on annualised basis has probably been achieved last season prior to the departure of Doncaster) then I can''t see there is any need for the club to plead for the rebates. NCFC should stop putting a guilt trip on the fans. The guilt lies with the board.

2. Division 3 (old money) for Division 3 football.

3. The club offered the rebate for failure and they should honour the contract. If Marks & Spencer have a bad year, do you think they go begging to their customers? 

4. A signal has to be sent to this board that change is necessary, not continued downward drift under the current regime.

I am retaining my rebate and waiting for changes that I am satisified with before considering what to do with the money.

[quote user="giveitsum"]its no emotional guilt trip if the club needs radical change this is why those two muppets left and no word or change is coming then the fans have to do something for the love and future of the club. please anyone name one good thing delia has done for club, please just one. this isn''t about guilt but about the love of the club[/quote]

I dont think you understand, its the emotional guilt trip thats been laid on the fans about the rebates.

Agreed, taking the rebate is a way for the fans to show how fed up they are with the continued downward drift. How can anybody be satisified with the talk of consolidation with regard to next season? The fans love THEIR club but that love is being destroyed.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

d)   I used to have a wonderful feeling about NCFC - I felt I belonged and was part of it. That feeling is much less now. This is partly due to all the loan players from other clubs coming in who I cant identify with but it is also because I am being taken for granted by the board. The pretence that they would listen to fans views before appointing the manager was the final straw for me. To appoint Gunn the day before the fans meeting was like putting two fingers up. And then to follow that by sending out letters saying that the cash from 18,000 season tickets was not enough so please give us some more!

To sum up, I dont trust the board with the extra cash, they dont deserve it and I feel my club wont improve until the changes they promised take place. This is my way of letting them know that I want that change and to be honest I think they are staggeringly lucky that 18,000 people have signed up at all.

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I dont think you understand, its the emotional guilt trip thats been laid on the fans about the rebates.[/quote]Groans...............

........I can see another name change coming on! [:''(]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I dont think you understand, its the emotional guilt trip thats been laid on the fans about the rebates.[/quote]Groans...............

[/quote]In case anyone missed it, this was the salient point in Lappinitups'' post - WELL SAID !

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

and for Lappinitup: BOARD OUT!

t.f.a.a sorry i miss construed you. i agree board out power to the supporters an example of this is the fantastic work at f c barcelona

My friend works at a ticket office,he told me they never recived one letter today claiming the rebate..........But loads of enquires about oasis this summer...lol

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]My friend works at a ticket office,he told me they never recived one letter today claiming the rebate..........But loads of enquires about oasis this summer...lol[/quote]

Is that the railway ticket office?

[/quote]In case you missed it - the punchline...

There seems to be lots of slagging off both directions. Those who want to claim should claim, those who don''t want to, don''t.  "Simples" :)

It''s up to the individual, their financial circumstances and their feelings towards the board. 

However, may I offer a compromise for those caught in the middle? Get the rebate and spend it in the club shop.  That way you make a statement, still give the club the money, but also get something out of it!

[quote user="Blue"]

There seems to be lots of slagging off both directions. Those who want to claim should claim, those who don''t want to, don''t.  "Simples" :)

It''s up to the individual, their financial circumstances and their feelings towards the board. 

However, may I offer a compromise for those caught in the middle? Get the rebate and spend it in the club shop.  That way you make a statement, still give the club the money, but also get something out of it!

[/quote]But doesn''t go straight into the transfer fund..

And just how is anybody going to be able to tell if the rebate money has gone into the transfer fund ? anybody know what the transfer fund is without any rebate money ? no .One huge big con from this Board that have made making money going missing a fine art.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]And just how is anybody going to be able to tell if the rebate money has gone into the transfer fund ? anybody know what the transfer fund is without any rebate money ? no .One huge big con from this Board that have made making money going missing a fine art.[/quote]Look, i am against the board too but jesus christ, they didn''t take over thinking "Oh i wonder how much of this club we can destroy".

[quote user="Stevo Barclay boy for ever"]Why are so many fans still even considering getting their rebate from the club back? Fans complain that the club doesnt have enough money and they go and take money away from the club. If your claiming your rebate please explain to me what is possessing you to do that?[/quote]

It is a matter of principle.  While I do understand the plight the club is in but I simply refuse to pay over the odds for a league 1 season ticket.  A Stoke season ticket holder I know will pay £3 more next season than I will AFTER I have received the rebate. 

[quote user="Blue"]

[/quote]

Alternatively you put the money in your own pocket and wait for the changes you wish to see. If changes happen that you like then you make up your own mind what to do with the money......

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]And just how is anybody going to be able to tell if the rebate money has gone into the transfer fund ? anybody know what the transfer fund is without any rebate money ? no .One huge big con from this Board that have made making money going missing a fine art.
[/quote]
Look, i am against the board too but jesus christ, they didn''t take over thinking "Oh i wonder how much of this club we can destroy".
[/quote]

more tangible fixed assets anyone?

[quote user="spudgfsh"]

[quote user="Stevo Barclay boy for ever"]Why are so many fans still even considering getting their rebate from the club back? Fans complain that the club doesnt have enough money and they go and take money away from the club. If your claiming your rebate please explain to me what is possessing you to do that?[/quote]

It is a matter of principle.  While I do understand the plight the club is in but I simply refuse to pay over the odds for a league 1 season ticket.  A Stoke season ticket holder I know will pay £3 more next season than I will AFTER I have received the rebate. 

[/quote]

and they showed some ambition last season.......£4m on Beattie......how much on Etherington?  Now there are rumours that they want Ched Evans for £2m. (see the EDP).

[quote user="TangibleFixedAssetsanyone"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]And just how is anybody going to be able to tell if the rebate money has gone into the transfer fund ? anybody know what the transfer fund is without any rebate money ? no .One huge big con from this Board that have made making money going missing a fine art.[/quote]Look, i am against the board too but jesus christ, they didn''t take over thinking "Oh i wonder how much of this club we can destroy".[/quote]

more tangible fixed assets anyone?

[/quote]More people signing up with phrases for usernames rather than just names, anyone?

If everyone took back their rebate then the club would lose 500,000 pounds now for a club like Norwich that is alot of money. I love this club and they can have my money because even in the worst times you have to stick with your club. Norwich cannot afford to lose 500,000 pounds and its having its own fans take that away from them. Now you tell me who is showing a lack of ambition here? I agree the board is not very good at all but there is only so much they can do with the money they have but then when fans come and take 500,000 away it makes the job alot more difficult. You''ve spent the money anyway, you''ve planned to lose it anyway so why not give it to your club that im sure you all love just as much as I do.

I walked past the Canary Shop in Castle Mall 3 times yesterday. 4 staff, no customers whatsoever, & the staff looking bored s***less & miserable as sin. Just seems liek apathy at all lebvels of this club these days.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

Yeh thats what I was thinking. If he is willing to put £600,000 up if we all let them have the rebate why cant he just put it up in the first place. It would probably boost his popularity with supporters aswell.

[/quote]You seriously cant work that out?

The day those shocking players give some of there

£8.5m worth of wages back, I''ll consider letting them have my £70

back.  Until then, I''m taking it and giving it to charity.  NCFC is NOT

a charity.  I''d say they are just lucky I''ve renew my ticket at all,

£70 back after watching this year is the least they can do.I don''t have a problem with management or directors (although my patience is very thin), I DO have a BIG problem with those players that were out on that pitch... They are the ones that got us relegated, and paid handsomely for it too... They were the joke!

1. Credit Crunch - people dont have 100-200 quid to throw away which they could have back

2. I''m sure many would actually at least consider it if the club showed some ambition in recent years or since relegation has been confirmed - sadly for you guys so far no ambition (confirmed with gunn as manager) so many will be rather depressed, disullisioned with the club right now