Why are so many fans still even considering getting their rebate from the club back? Fans complain that the club doesnt have enough money and they go and take money away from the club. If your claiming your rebate please explain to me what is possessing you to do that?

Okay then, I''ll humour you.

(a) We''re playing at a lower level now and the club agreed to reduce the prices of STs renewed early in this case.

(b) I could well afford to let them have the money (else I wouldn''t have renewed at all) but let''s face it, their track record of using money is pretty dire and I don''t trust the board, or indeed the management team, to use it wisely.

(c) I''ve spent over £900 on the club this season and my conscience is clear in taking £70 of that back. As always I (and other ST holders) have done our bit and I''m not going to be made to feel guilty by the club because they''ve mismanaged mine and 18,000 other fans'' money.

(d) I''d rather put it towards a holiday next year.

Of course I suspect you''re just someone on a wind-up (otherwise why bother using the phrase "total w****r? What does that achieve?) but I''d be happy to be proved wrong.

lol, people might need the money back, i didn''t pay for my season ticket, my Grandad did, hes not going to bother getting it back, because hes spent the money, so he sees it as gone already (plus he thinks there offering too much back).

One thing i though, (someone must have mentioned it) why can''t Foulder just give £1 million to the transfer budget anyway?

[quote user="Stevo Barclay boy for ever"]Why are so many fans still even considering getting their rebate from the club back? I think whoever claims that rebate is a total w****r the club needs the money to push for promotion they can use it to sign players. Fans complain that the club doesnt have enough money and they go and take money away from the club. If your claiming your rebate please explain to me what is possessing you to do that?[/quote]

a lot of people might need the money but these rich bastards should let the club keep it, like you say wankers

There is or was (a lot seem to disapear at the moment) another thread re this.  I listed my six reasons as to why mine is staying with me.  If I can find it I will repost it.

Seems to me there are a lot of new posters asking the same questions!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]lol, people might need the money back, i didn''t pay for my season ticket, my Grandad did, hes not going to bother getting it back, because hes spent the money, so he sees it as gone already (plus he thinks there offering too much back). One thing i though, (someone must have mentioned it) why can''t Foulder just give £1 million to the transfer budget anyway?[/quote]

Yeh thats what I was thinking. If he is willing to put £600,000 up if we all let them have the rebate why cant he just put it up in the first place. It would probably boost his popularity with supporters aswell.

sorry - found it:-

The club are getting the following contained in a letter from me as to why they are not getting my rebate.

1, Brian Gunn

2, This is L1 and I am paying L1 prices thank you very much.

3, We have far and away the most season ticket holders in this league yet the club have reduced ourselves to begging!

4, Gunn is building a team to "complete in this league", he should be building a squad to get straight up! Show some ambission City and I might have backed you!

5, If they had send me the money back as I assumed they would rather than make me wait & beg, I may have just let them keep it

6, Over the last 25 years I have bought many STs, attended many away games, bought dvds and shirts etc as well as buying two lots of shares (far more than four each time as well).  There comes a time when enough is enough and I am not giving them more £££s to spend on loans who dont even want to be here!

Hope that is enough of an answer for you!

1. I''m claiming mine because I can, having had a season ticket for 5-6 years its something I am entitled to. Chances are I will have a season ticket next year as well.

2. I rarely moan about the club having no money, as I know there is very little I can do about it, if the club couldn''t afford to rebate people then they shouldn''t offer it in the first place, just like I wouldn''t sign up for a season ticket if I couldn''t afford to pay for it.

3. I may gamble it and see if I can win enough to pay for next years season ticket, bascially a no risk bet for me.

Not sure what to do yet.

On the one hand, I want my club to have the best chance possible of returning to the Championship. Not claiming my rebate is one way of assisting that.

On the other, I don''t see why I should pay championship prices for league one football.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]lol, people might need the money back, i didn''t pay for my season ticket, my Grandad did, hes not going to bother getting it back, because hes spent the money, so he sees it as gone already (plus he thinks there offering too much back). One thing i though, (someone must have mentioned it) why can''t Foulder just give £1 million to the transfer budget anyway?[/quote]

Who is Foulder?

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]

Who is Foulder?

[/quote]

i don''t know how to spell his name, and i don''t care, your just being picky

I believe that League One football is of a lower standard to Championship football and for that reason i should pay less to watch it. If the League One season had more games i probably would have let them keep it. However, £30 (as it is for me), pays for an away trip or a couple of home cup ties - the money will go back to the club one way or another

Rebate form posted, along with a letter explaining very clearly my personal reasons for claiming the rebate.

My rebate claim is in the post, along with a note acknowledging the gesture made by Mr Foulger but explaining that after years of incompetance at board level and another laughable managerial appointment I now find myself with absoloutely no faith in anyone at the club to use it wisely.

It also covers my gambling losses from Newmarket last week!

I renewed my ticket before the deadline in the hope we would not be relegated. I renewed it with the intention of watching Champiuonship football next season.

We were relegated.

I almost decided to cancel my season ticket, but decided I would support the club by renewing it, albeit at a reduced rate.

I believe I am being generous in actually renewing it.

[quote user="Stevo Barclay boy for ever"]Why are so many fans still even considering getting their rebate from the club back? Fans complain that the club doesnt have enough money and they go and take money away from the club. If your claiming your rebate please explain to me what is possessing you to do that?[/quote]

The board appointed Gunn the day before the supporters met at St Andrews Hall. A vote at the above meeting showed that 7 out of 400 to 500 fans were satisfied with the appointment I feel that the board knew this and this is why they announced Gunn the day before the meeting. I consider they have stuck two fingers up to the supporters and thaat is the reason I have claimed my rebate after all I wouldnt expect to pay for a top range car if I was only getting a family saloon.

The same people who claim their rebate will be the ones who are moaning about how crap the signings are and freebies etc! I have been a SUPPORTER! for 40 years now and despite the fact that i am now working in Nigeria for 9 months of the year have bought a season ticket and will  NOT be claiming my rebate because in my opinion its not about Delia or Doncaster blah blah! Its about supporting your team. Supporting Norwich is about more bad times than good! Get used to it ! Call me a happy clapper or whatever because i dont give a F**k! If you dont like it i suggest you support Man Utd or whoever! Rant over!

[quote user="northeastcanary"]

The same people who claim their rebate will be the ones who are moaning about how crap the signings are and freebies etc! I have been a SUPPORTER! for 40 years now and despite the fact that i am now working in Nigeria for 9 months of the year have bought a season ticket and will  NOT be claiming my rebate because in my opinion its not about Delia or Doncaster blah blah! Its about supporting your team. Supporting Norwich is about more bad times than good! Get used to it ! Call me a happy clapper or whatever because i dont give a F**k! If you dont like it i suggest you support Man Utd or whoever! Rant over!

[/quote]

Yeah thank''s for that Hand Clapping

[quote user="northeastcanary"]

[/quote]

Good for you if you let the club have the money - but there''s no need to shove it down people''s throats and don''t you dare question other people''s support. It doesn''t make you a superior fan to everybody else.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="northeastcanary"]

[/quote]

Good for you if you let the club have the money - but there''s no need to shove it down people''s throats and don''t you dare question other people''s support. It doesn''t make you a superior fan to everybody else.

[/quote]

It sure doesn''t make him/her a better fan.

Well Steveo, seeings as you''ve asked so nicely, here goes.

a)    I''ve never complained that the club doesn''t have enough money, in fact our turnover in league 1 will dwarf most of our opponents. However I do resent the fact that for years we have wasted what we have, caused by the board appointing poor managers who have then signed poor players. I am not prepared to put more cash in for them to carry on doing the same.

b)   When Doncaster and Mumby went we were promised radical change. Since then the same manager and backroom staff have been appointed and no new blood has come onto the board. If nothing changes we will carry on in the same downward spiral.

c)   We are in League 1. I cant see why supporters, many of whome struggle to pay for their season ticket, should pay championship prices. Have no doubt the standard next year will be very average.

d)   I used to have a wonderful feeling about NCFC - I felt I belonged and was part of it. That feeling is much less now. This is partly due to all the loan players from other clubs coming in who I cant identify with but it is also because I am being taken for granted by the board. The pretence that they would listen to fans views before appointing the manager was the final straw for me. To appoint Gunn the day before the fans meeting was like putting two fingers up. And then to follow that by sending out letters saying that the cash from 18,000 season tickets was not enough so please give us some more!

To sum up, I dont trust the board with the extra cash, they dont deserve it and I feel my club wont improve until the changes they promised take place. This is my way of letting them know that I want that change and to be honest I think they are staggeringly lucky that 18,000 people have signed up at all.

[quote user="Stevo Barclay boy for ever"]Why are so many fans still even considering getting their rebate from the club back? Fans complain that the club doesnt have enough money and they go and take money away from the club. If your claiming your rebate please explain to me what is possessing you to do that?[/quote]

they tell the us the prices and deals, we go by them, they offer us the money back we take it!

SIMPLES!

What''s it got to do with you where I''ll go on holiday? And why do you assume I buy a burger or beer at a match for?It''s one thing to ask people why they will take their money back but it''s quite another to actually tell people what to do with their money and make daft assumptions. Maybe you''d like to comment on some on the points raised in this thread if you feel so strongly about it.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

The board appointed Gunn the day before the supporters met at St Andrews Hall. A vote at the above meeting showed that 7 out of 400 to 500 fans were satisfied with the appointment I feel that the board knew this and this is why they announced Gunn the day before the meeting. I consider they have stuck two fingers up to the supporters and thaat is the reason I have claimed my rebate after all I wouldnt expect to pay for a top range car if I was only getting a family saloon.

[/quote] Exactly , thats why they appointed Oddjob when they did , a big two fingers stuck up to every City fan , and how many other teams in League 1 have 18,000 season ticket holders money to build a team . Smith and Jones are once again trying to bleed the fans dry and taking them for the mugs they obviously feel they are.

[quote user="soothsayer"]I renewed my ticket before the deadline in the hope we would not be relegated. I renewed it with the intention of watching Champiuonship football next season. We were relegated. I almost decided to cancel my season ticket, but decided I would support the club by renewing it, albeit at a reduced rate. I believe I am being generous in actually renewing it.[/quote]

Exactly!  The current board of NCFC. take the fans for granted.

still no word from delia, people of norwich wake up and lynch the bitch for crimes against the city, remember folks she wants you to be grateful for the way she has screwed the club

[quote user="giveitsum"]still no word from delia, people of norwich wake up and lynch the bitch for crimes against the city, remember folks she wants you to be grateful for the way she has screwed the club[/quote]

Laying an emotional guilt trip on the fans is terrible.

its no emotional guilt trip if the club needs radical change this is why those two muppets left and no word or change is coming then the fans have to do something for the love and future of the club. please anyone name one good thing delia has done for club, please just one. this isn''t about guilt but about the love of the club