Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Palace deducted one point..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11706_5358851,00.html

As it turned out this match was irrevelant as Birmingham won there final match, but can you imagine what would have happened had Sheffield Utd lost this match to a goal scored by this ineligable player,preventing them from getting promotion? I''m sure it wouldn''t have been just a "one point" deduction then!

I''m sure in that situation Sheff Utd would be demanding replays and all sorts, not to mention that Palace''s punishment would have been far greater.

Any chance that the football league might make a proper example out of them and dock them 10, thus saving a certain team from the drop?!?!?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11706_5358851,00.html

As it turned out this match was irrevelant as Birmingham won there final match, but can you imagine what would have happened had Sheffield Utd lost this match to a goal scored by this ineligable player,preventing them from getting promotion? I''m sure it wouldn''t have been just a "one point" deduction then!

I''m sure in that situation Sheff Utd would be demanding replays and all sorts, not to mention that Palace''s punishment would have been far greater.

Any chance that the football league might make a proper example out of them and dock them 10, thus saving a certain team from the drop?!?!?

[/quote]

I live next to Brammal Lane and about 15 metres away from their main hooligan club, and I personally would love for Sheff Utd to have missed out on promotion as a result of an ineligable player, just like I was delighted that they went down amidst the Tevez controversy.

Would serve the pr*ts right for the number of times I have seen objects thrown at police horses, mindless vandelism and my next door neighbour getting bottles thrown at his windows for accidently leaving his Leeds shirt on top of a chair near his window.

I know in the conference i have seen that some teams have been deducted 4-5 points for fielding an inelegible player. There just seems to be on consistency with these points deductions and fines. Its one rule for one team and then another rule for somone else. Just give them the same punishment. One point is nothing. They deserve a big fine so it actually means something.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

I know in the conference i have seen that some teams have been deducted 4-5 points for fielding an inelegible player. There just seems to be on consistency with these points deductions and fines. Its one rule for one team and then another rule for somone else. Just give them the same punishment. One point is nothing. They deserve a big fine so it actually means something.

[/quote]the teams deducted 4-5 points fielded the players for 4-5 games though i think.

[quote user="coro"][quote user="ndhscanary"]

[/quote]the teams deducted 4-5 points fielded the players for 4-5 games though i think.[/quote]We''d have needed Palarse to field a full team of 11 plus at least one sub of ineligible players if it''s 1 point per player/match .[:(]

[quote user="tank"]So when are Sheffield Utd  going to sue West Ham!!!! [/quote]

Errr..... they have already sued West Ham, go crawl back into your cave.

They accepted an out of court settlement which is worth more than £10m. One of the reasons why West Ham are willing to sell Dean Ashton and made Lucas Neill take a pay cut.

They was fined 1pt due to them picking up a draw

so if they won they would have been docked 3pts

lost just a fine

i question why its taken off last seasons tally? the fine is hardly going to hurt them, 1pt probably wouldnt but you never know!

but guessing the Football League has done it like this as a warning to other clubs - due to the increase amount of loans throughout the leagues nowdays

[quote user="we8wba"]

lost just a fine

i question why its taken off last seasons tally? the fine is hardly going to hurt them, 1pt probably wouldnt but you never know!

but guessing the Football League has done it like this as a warning to other clubs - due to the increase amount of loans throughout the leagues nowdays

[/quote]

Palace actually move down a place in the league, so they also lose a bit of prize and a bit of prize money.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="we8wba"]

lost just a fine

[/quote]

Palace actually move down a place in the league, so they also lose a bit of prize and a bit of prize money.

[/quote]

not looked at table but on report http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1771_5358650,00.html

states "palace remains in 15th postion"

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="we8wba"]

lost just a fine

[/quote]

[/quote]

not looked at table but on report http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1771_5358650,00.html

states "palace remains in 15th postion"

[/quote]

Oh ok fair enough, the table I looked at had them at 56 points, but there was no asterix or anything, so assumed that they would be on 55..... im wrong.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="tank"]So when are Sheffield Utd  going to sue West Ham!!!! [/quote]

Errr..... they have already sued West Ham, go crawl back into your cave.

They accepted an out of court settlement which is worth more than £10m. One of the reasons why West Ham are willing to sell Dean Ashton and made Lucas Neill take a pay cut.

[/quote]

Ok so you don''t listen to Ian Wright!!!

Don''t worry i''m going back to my cave just a soon as your mom comes around!!!