Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

BRING BACK McVEIGH AND SAFRI

Brick back Paul McVeigh, who is now at Luton. Grant is such an idiot for selling him, bring him back, not only that but Grant got rid of Safri as well which in my opinion was when the writing was on the wall, we lost our creativity when Safri left.

McVeigh WAS good but his best is way past hence the position he found himself in after trials with many clubs.

Safri moved to Qatar where he expressed a large desire to move closer to Morocco. You also then lose him for those periods in the campaign on international duty.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]Brick back Paul McVeigh, who is now at Luton. Grant is such an idiot for selling him, bring him back, not only that but Grant got rid of Safri as well which in my opinion was when the writing was on the wall, we lost our creativity when Safri left.
[/quote]

paul mcveigh hahaha

safri was good but wouldn''t want either back

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]Brick back Paul McVeigh, who is now at Luton. Grant is such an idiot for selling him, bring him back, not only that but Grant got rid of Safri as well which in my opinion was when the writing was on the wall, we lost our creativity when Safri left.[/quote]i have both their names on shirts so yeah bring them back. and huckerby and francis aswell

McVeigh was released by Luton. Saw him play in their reserves twice and he was terrible.Safri, I''d mark Safrigate as where it all started to go wrong, the club lied about him being late for the team photograph without permission, Grant knew exactly where he was.Great player. Had Worthington realised(dumb arse)  earlier that Safri was 10x the player Hughes was we would have stayed up that year......Playing Hooooz in the Prem, ha ha ha ha ha

[quote] user="Pablo''s pubic perm"]You might as well bring back some other old heroes such as: Iwan Roberts, Fleming, Malky and Kenton while you''re at it![/quote]

Yeah, Then Get Bryan Gunn, Ian Crook and Ian Butterworth in as managers,

oh wait

All this bringing people back to the club. Let''s forget it, as it never seems to work for us.

Way back, Robert Fleck came back. He was never the same. Ditto, Mike Walker.

Grant returned, along with Cureton and Russell. No major success stories there!

Crook and Butterworth, so far, no good.

Now it is McVeigh, who struggled at Luton and seems to be well past his best. Also Safri, I liked him, but he proved to be very expensive on a game for game basis, with his injuries, religious holidays and international duties.

Will Huckerby be the Messiah some expect? Roberts? What for?

Do we really need an old boys club? Its cosy enough as it is, despite Roeder''s clear out.

It is time to be forward looking. There''s not much to look back on with any satisfaction.

McVeigh is probably past it, but i can''t help but feel that even at the age he is, that he might add something to the side.

Safri would storm League One, make no doubt about it. It''s well below his level of football, and if we could bring him in, with a sufficient side around him, we could take the title without doubt. However trying to prise him away from where he is now would most probably prove to be futile, which is a shame.

[quote user="Destort"]

Hughes didn''t play in the premier... I assume you mean Holt?

[/quote]Yep sorry.... Holt..... Hughes.... never did see them in the same roomApologies

What on earth for?

How about Livermore, Ryan, Busby, Dunc, Mallender, Keelan, Cross, Sylvester, Maguire, Neighbour, Bone and many more?  Out of respect I won''t mention our late,great midfielder with the best left foot this club has ever seen.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]All this bringing people back to the club. Let''s forget it, as it never seems to work for us. Way back, Robert Fleck came back. He was never the same. Ditto, Mike Walker. Grant returned, along with Cureton and Russell. No major success stories there! Crook and Butterworth, so far, no good. Now it is McVeigh, who struggled at Luton and seems to be well past his best. Also Safri, I liked him, but he proved to be very expensive on a game for game basis, with his injuries, religious holidays and international duties. Will Huckerby be the Messiah some expect? Roberts? What for? Do we really need an old boys club? Its cosy enough as it is, despite Roeder''s clear out. It is time to be forward looking. There''s not much to look back on with any satisfaction.[/quote]

O''Neill came back twice and did OK.

Do you think he will ever return a third time[^o)]

Can''t really see it, but you never know[:O]

'' Hughes didn''t play in the premier... I assume you mean Holt?'' Yep sorry.... Holt..... Hughes.... never did see them in the same room''

Haha not a problem... Seeing Hughes in the Premier would have been interesting!!!