Sign in to follow this  
Hog

The case for Cureton

I don''t normally start posts and I have certainly never been in support of Jamie Cureton in the recent past, BUT I think many people tend to forget that the level at which we now find ourselves is his level. He may have been pretty poor for us since signing from Colchester, a fact not helped by the fact that his strike partner Iwelumo was clearly the provider for 90% of his goals, but I believe that he may, if given a chance, actually start finding the net again this season. If he can keep fit, keep the weight down, then we may see a reborn Jamie Cureton, and lets face it, it is not looking to promising on the transfer front with so many players needed with such a small budget. An experienced Jamie Cureton, playing at his level could be just what the new players and rookie kids need.

For me it depends on what we''re paying him. I doubt there was a relegation clause in his contract.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

But... you cannot defend the inexplicable misses the Cureton somehow managed to miss (if that makes any sense). He had the chances and blew it...

[/quote]

No I cannot defend them and believe me I have been one of his biggest critics, but a new start in a lower league with perhaps a "big" player next to him.....

When in form he is a proven goal scorer, sadly he has never been on form for us but that could change.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I don''t normally start posts and I have certainly never been in support of Jamie Cureton in the recent past, BUT I think many people tend to forget that the level at which we now find ourselves is his level. He may have been pretty poor for us since signing from Colchester, a fact not helped by the fact that his strike partner Iwelumo was clearly the provider for 90% of his goals, but I believe that he may, if given a chance, actually start finding the net again this season. If he can keep fit, keep the weight down, then we may see a reborn Jamie Cureton, and lets face it, it is not looking to promising on the transfer front with so many players needed with such a small budget. An experienced Jamie Cureton, playing at his level could be just what the new players and rookie kids need.[/quote]

good idea, i also agree!

As long as the goals are twice the size, defenders are no taller than 5 foot 6 and can only move at walking pace then he should be absolutely fine.

If not then he''s not going to be any better than the last 2 years.

problem is he''s a poor league one striker now too... things have moved on in the last couple of years in league one, there are far better players. Jamie bless him is on his way out and whilst i am sure he would score a few goals, i don''t think he is good enough or has the hunger to go out and score 20. Sure he would do a job for a lower placed team such as a yeovil and the like but i would really hope norwich are after the  next cox, hooper, lambert or dare i say it paul hayes.

The case for Cureton is a big suitcase packed and ready to move on to non league,he has nothing left to offer this club and some of his open goal fluffs last season cost us dear, i''m afraid he is not good enough how ever much he loves Norwich City,then again just loving the club seems to count for everything down at Carrow Road.Good luck to him though.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I don''t normally start posts and I have certainly never been in support of Jamie Cureton in the recent past, BUT I think many people tend to forget that the level at which we now find ourselves is his level. He may have been pretty poor for us since signing from Colchester, a fact not helped by the fact that his strike partner Iwelumo was clearly the provider for 90% of his goals, but I believe that he may, if given a chance, actually start finding the net again this season. If he can keep fit, keep the weight down, then we may see a reborn Jamie Cureton, and lets face it, it is not looking to promising on the transfer front with so many players needed with such a small budget. An experienced Jamie Cureton, playing at his level could be just what the new players and rookie kids need.[/quote]

I would ask your self why he was poor ?? maybe cause he likes to get on the bash to often, Cueton played of a big man at colchester, which he wasnt given the chance at carrow road to do, so in afect he was played out of postion, now that might be an excuss, but if we can keep hold of lee, cueton may shine once more!

he''s a couple of years older noow though since his time with the U''s and sadly when you get older the pace goes... big strikers like iwan didn''t need pace but players like jamie do... there are always exceptions to the rule, one being kevin phillips but there aren''t many more... I don''t think jamie has the hunger to get the 20 goals we need of a striker on his wage.

[quote user="The Chirp"]he''s a couple of years older noow though since his time with the U''s and sadly when you get older the pace goes... big strikers like iwan didn''t need pace but players like jamie do... there are always exceptions to the rule, one being kevin phillips but there aren''t many more... I don''t think jamie has the hunger to get the 20 goals we need of a striker on his wage.
[/quote]

Pace can be mantiained if you are on the fitness trail, but Cueton prefers to get on it at the weekend, rather then taking his football career seriously!!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Q whats the differnece between an empty goal in league 1 and an empty goal in the championship?

A none

so no there is no case for cureton im affraid, he just aint good enough.

[/quote]You get more time to put the ball into an empty net in league 1.  Not sure that''s a good enough reason to stick with Jamie Lad though.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

good idea, i also agree!

[/quote]

me to get a good few in lge1

[quote user="barryevans"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

good idea, i also agree!

[/quote]

me to get a good few in lge1

[/quote]

if you are the Barry Evans off eastenders, then i facey your pace over cuetons!

[quote user="GJP"]

As long as the goals are twice the size, defenders are no taller than 5 foot 6 and can only move at walking pace then he should be absolutely fine.

[/quote]

Ha ha, I like it!

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]First season back he scored 14 goals and was the club top scorer. ok so last season was a disaster, but sod''s law says that he can''t have another season like that.

[quote user="barclay46"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]First season back he scored 14 goals and was the club top scorer. ok so last season was a disaster, but sod''s law says that he can''t have another season like that.[/quote]

14 goals wasn''t a particularly impressive tally for someone who is meant to just be there to score goals. Especially when you take away the cup goals and the goals in the Colchester game.

How many different league games did he score in? 8 or 9 maybe? That''s poor.

Hopefully we will sign better players so we won''t have to find out if he can get any worse.