Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Canaries will attract the players needed - Deehan

John Deehan says Norwich City is still an attractive proposition for would-be new recruits.City''s

chief scout insists despite relegation to the third tier of English

football, Carrow Road - and Norfolk - is still tempting enough to lure

the players on Bryan Gunn''s shopping list."Norwich is by far and away the most attractive club in Division One," declared Deehan.

Full article here LINK

[quote user="Buckethead"]John Deehan says Norwich City is still an attractive proposition for would-be new recruits.

City''s chief scout insists despite relegation to the third tier of English football, Carrow Road - and Norfolk - is still tempting enough to lure the players on Bryan Gunn''s shopping list.

"Norwich is by far and away the most attractive club in Division One," declared Deehan.

Full article here LINK

[/quote]

I disagree with him. There are many players who would choose Charlton if they want to live around London, many would choose Leeds as a club with a good squad already and a good chance of promotion. MK Dons (who I hate) are seen as an attractive club for their growing fan base, sound financial position and record with youth. Other than that, he isnt too far off the mark. As long as we dont go into administration, then we are CURRENTLY an attractive proposition. Failure to go up first time, and suddenly we become a much less attractive proposition.

"I know there''s a photo-fit Bryan has put up of what we''d like to have.

What we''re trying to do is concentrate on a goalkeeper and defence first" - doesn''t sound like Rudd is first choice as keeper then.

[quote user="Buckethead"]John Deehan says Norwich City is still an attractive proposition for would-be new recruits.

City''s chief scout insists despite relegation to the third tier of English football, Carrow Road - and Norfolk - is still tempting enough to lure the players on Bryan Gunn''s shopping list.

"Norwich is by far and away the most attractive club in Division One," declared Deehan.

Full article here LINK

[/quote]

its true, we will still atract new players and we are not the same size as leeds but we are a big club to be in league 1

While I applaud the more positive attitude from the club, I think it''s complete horlicks.

The club ahs been maoning for years about the ''small Norwich'' mentality and how it is difficult to attract players to the City - and that was in the premiership and championship.

Now we''re in league 1, we are supposed to believe that being a bigger fish in the pond will help us attract players.  Sorry, but the blatant lack of ambition and geographical issues will mean that instead of struggling to attract poor premiership/good Championship/excellent League 1 players as we have done for the last few seasons, we''ll simply find it difficult to attract poor Chamionship/good League 1/excellent League 2 players.

There are plenty of League 1 clubs out there more attractive to young up and coming players (any one that shows ambition for a start).

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]

While I applaud the more positive attitude from the club, I think it''s complete horlicks.

The club ahs been maoning for years about the ''small Norwich'' mentality and how it is difficult to attract players to the City - and that was in the premiership and championship.

Now we''re in league 1, we are supposed to believe that being a bigger fish in the pond will help us attract players.  Sorry, but the blatant lack of ambition and geographical issues will mean that instead of struggling to attract poor premiership/good Championship/excellent League 1 players as we have done for the last few seasons, we''ll simply find it difficult to attract poor Chamionship/good League 1/excellent League 2 players.

There are plenty of League 1 clubs out there more attractive to young up and coming players (any one that shows ambition for a start).

[/quote]

hit, nail, head!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]"I know there''s a photo-fit Bryan has put up of what we''d like to have. "[/quote]Wouldn''t that be better on Crimewatch?Our new striking sensation will look like this...[img]http://www.thedrawbridge.org.uk/images/article-images/1794_featurepicture1.jpg[/img]

.....and will fail to sign any of them,  due to re-lining the directors pockets. shame coz Deehan is my favorite ever player.

keep making lists of players who would come here and there will be dissapointment all round.

I wish Archant etc. would stop linking us with players,  just hot air.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Nuff Said"]"I know there''s a photo-fit Bryan has put up of what we''d like to have. "
[/quote]

Wouldn''t that be better on Crimewatch?

Our new striking sensation will look like this...
[img]http://www.thedrawbridge.org.uk/images/article-images/1794_featurepicture1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

is that ted macdougals hair ?