Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Dean ASHTON

West Ham looking to dispose of him, and i can''t blame them.  Just one curious point, if he were to be moved on and we got a percentage of the fee gained for him, does that apply to future moves to future clubs or will the West Ham fee be the only one applicable to Norwich City FC?

It says in the article on Pinkun, we get 15% if they sell him for a profit (so over £7million) which i doubt will happen, so no money......

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]West Ham looking to dispose of him, and i can''t blame them.  Just one curious point, if he were to be moved on and we got a percentage of the fee gained for him, does that apply to future moves to future clubs or will the West Ham fee be the only one applicable to Norwich City FC?[/quote]

Sadly for us, I don''t think he''s worth 7 million quid now.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]West Ham looking to dispose of him, and i can''t blame them.  Just one curious point, if he were to be moved on and we got a percentage of the fee gained for him, does that apply to future moves to future clubs or will the West Ham fee be the only one applicable to Norwich City FC?[/quote]

Sadly for us, I don''t think he''s worth 7 million quid now.

[/quote]

Is it a 15% of profit or 15% of sell on?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Profit ^_^[/quote]

But only if he''s sold for over 7 million.........Wet Spam have to make a profit on him BEFORE we get owt.

My understanding from a reliable source (not an NCFC source, just an Ashton source) is that he''s definitely moving on, but its him that is looking for the move, not the other way around, although I''m not certain on the last bit.  Given the current market I can see a club like Everton, Villa or Fulham coming in for him - he''s still a class act, the trick is  obviously keeping him fit.  Whether he''ll sell for a profit is another matter, but it wouldn''t surprise me if West Ham held out for a large fee considering their own recent financial struggles....

The positive if Ashton sells for less than 7 million, we got a good bit of business selling him for what we did!The negative if Ashton sells for less than 7 million, no money for us.

Do West Ham owe us any money as it stands for Ashton?. No doubt there was installments involved in the payment as is so common now. As if there is im sure they are obligated to settle that amount straight after the transfer is confirmed?. So might get a lump sum either way [:P].

[quote user="Bongo Boy"]Oh!! to have aplayer worth £7 mill now huh?......[/quote]

I don''t think our whole squad is worth £7 million lol [:D]

Think it is only applicable to the sale by West Ham.  Think that privity of contract means cannot bind future clubs to a contract they were not party to.

However cannot see them selling him for a profit on what they paid, so moot point.

I still don''t know how we managed to get £7M for a lazy, slow, injury prone striker with no positional sense and no concept of what his own strengths were!The last good business this club did I think.Couldn''t see what Prem team would take him on at the moment... maybe Sunderland or Burnley?

[quote user="DisorientatedCanary"] Do West Ham owe us any money as it stands for Ashton?. No doubt there was installments involved in the payment as is so common now. As if there is im sure they are obligated to settle that amount straight after the transfer is confirmed?. So might get a lump sum either way [:P].
[/quote]

I doubt that there is anything outstanding re the basic fee.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Profit ^_^[/quote]

But only if he''s sold for over 7 million.........

[/quote]Funniest thing you''ve written to date