Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

David Hutton

Young left-winger, just released by Tottenham.

Was on loan in League One for a few games last season at Chesterfield and looked very capable at that level.

He''d be a decent squad signing I reckon. Similar type of player to Hoolahan, so if we lose Wes, he could bridge a gap in the squad?

Any opinions?

Ah sorry Cheltenham not Chesterfield!

I know he wasn''t there too long, but he still did a half-decent job.

We''re going to have to build a team of "free''s" and he''d be one of the better ones going IMO.

All immaterial now actually as he joined Cheltenham permanently on the 11th of May according to the BBC.

Despite only being released (so the BBC says) today.

Wish the BBC would get their act together for once!

Shame. I think he''d have been a reasonable addition.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Young left-winger, just released by Tottenham. Was on loan in League One for a few games last season at Chesterfield and looked very capable at that level. He''d be a decent squad signing I reckon. Similar type of player to Hoolahan, so if we lose Wes, he could bridge a gap in the squad? Any opinions?[/quote]

Not the type of player that should be signing in my opinion, we already have the youth, its the experience we need. I would have him as a back up left winger, learning from a senior member...... but we dont need a youth team.

A solution of course would be to sign the best left winger available to us, Darren Huckerby, then sell Wes Hoolohan and have this David Hutton fella as an understudy to Huckerby. If the player had any sense he would then learn as much as possible from Hucks over say a season and then try and show us that he is capable of replacing him.

Totally agree ryan85k

I would have said him (Huckerby) in name, but would have probably been shot down simply for mentioning him.

I''d have thought Hutton as a Huckerby back-up (if we lost Wes) would have been ideal, but obviously it''s something that won''t happen now that Hutton''s gone elsewhere.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Does a job on Football Manager[/quote]

That fact alone makes him worth a punt!