Sign in to follow this  
djc

Lappin - Contract Offer???

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED03%20Jun%202009%2010%3A34%3A03%3A363

The future of midfielder Simon Lappin and goalkeeper Stuart Nelson, both out of contract at the end of June, should become clear in the next few days.

Nelson has already appeared on the PFA transfer directory of available players but Gunn said it was a technical requirement to submit names of players where a formal contract offer had yet to be made. There is still time to do so.

If Lappin''s name does not appear, have we offered a formal contract? or has someone else?

[quote user="djc"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED03%20Jun%202009%2010%3A34%3A03%3A363

The future of midfielder Simon Lappin and goalkeeper Stuart Nelson, both out of contract at the end of June, should become clear in the next few days.

Nelson has already appeared on the PFA transfer directory of available players but Gunn said it was a technical requirement to submit names of players where a formal contract offer had yet to be made. There is still time to do so.

If Lappin''s name does not appear, have we offered a formal contract? or has someone else?

[/quote]

I would have Lappin here, but I just hope his new contract is one that is affordable for the club.

I know what he is on at the moment, and it is a good wage for the championship yet alone League One. I guess we will find out soon whether he really does like it at Norwich, or whether he sat in the reserves to sit out the best contract of his life.

I have also suspected that he stayed at Norwich because he wouldnt have found the same money in the SPL, Motherwell admitted that they couldnt afford to keep him.

I like Lappin, and think his freekicks alone would be a huge asset to us next season. Set-pieces are HUGE in league one, and I think Lappin would be good to keep hold of for that reason.

[quote user="AJ"]I like Lappin, and think his freekicks alone would be a huge asset to us next season. Set-pieces are HUGE in league one, and I think Lappin would be good to keep hold of for that reason.[/quote]

Set pieces are huge in any division, but if we had Sammy Clingan next year then I know who I would want taking our direct free kicks.