Sign in to follow this  
Bob da Canary

reading fans....

I live in berkshire near reading and i have two friends who are both reading fans.

One of my friends enjoys winding me up about Norwich farmers, spades and tractors and norwich not winning in the premiership and being near the bottom. He enjoys this becoz i took great pleasure in Norwich beating Reading last season and that sticks in their memorys so thats why they persist to tease me.

They r loving life at the mo as Reading r top of the league in the championship, Theyre really starting to annoy me and im running out of insults, can anyone help me?!

Thanks....

i live in berkshire too,have been to the last two games there winning both, so i suppose you could get at them for that. otherwise the city of reading, not my favourite. they also have the most dire crowd i''ve ever witnessed they are sooo dull!!

have reading EVER been in the top flight??? i dont think so

I spent my Uni life supporting the Canaries from Reading and my daughter is now following in my footsteps. We visited her today & took her shopping at the Oracle centre. It was extremely busy but pulled into an available parking space in the Riverside carpark right next to a Clio bedecked with Canary colours and stickers. Well, we felt right at home and it made our day.

Although she can''t make all the matches, she supports NCFC from the Sky TV room in her Hall, with scarf proudly worn.

Archie, i couldnt agree with u more!! i have been to Reading''s stadium lots now and never have i witnessed an atmosphere better than Carrow Road. My friend has just read this post and called you and all the rest of norwich ''dranged tractor lovers'' which is out of order.

[quote]I live in berkshire near reading and i have two friends who are both reading fans. One of my friends enjoys winding me up about Norwich farmers, spades and tractors and norwich not winning in the pre...[/quote]

bob

anyone who has to suffer ''living'' in reading has my sympathies, you should bring your mates up here and show them that most of us (and i don''t know one farmer!!) have no connections with agriculture at all

from what i have seen, reading and district is a completely soul-less concrete jungle

top of the fizzy league are they, wonderful 

Try having a look at thier attendences. They''re top of the league and yet at their last two home games in the league they pulled in 11000 against Preston and 15000 against Sunderland. Their last home game was in the fizzy cup - 8,000 odd for that game. All rattling around in their 25,000 seater morgue that John built. John "my ego''s so big i had to name the stadium after me" Madejski. Bloody stupid name anyway!

I live near Reading too - in Goring actually.We spend a few Sundays watching London Irish at the Madjeski which is good for a few swift pints. My inlaws also live next to Brian McDermott, the Reading assistant manager - which is handy for passes and stuff... He wasn''t too chuffed with the result last season, it has to be said...Personally I hope they do pretty well - especially if that means keeping Ipswich out of the playoffs...

I hate to be so predictable, but it''d be rude not to, so here goes:

Since there are apparently even more Berks than I was aware of, why not come along to watch the game on the telly in the Three Guineas, next to Reading station, this Saturday around 12.45.  I am hoping there will be a good showing of a yellow hue for the Everton match!

Oh now that''s a good idea! Where is the 3 Guineas? Gives my missus the chance to do a bit of shopping while I sneak in a couple of beers...

I''m up for it.

[quote]Oh now that''s a good idea! Where is the 3 Guineas? Gives my missus the chance to do a bit of shopping while I sneak in a couple of beers... I''m up for it.[/quote]

Dude, it''s right next to the Station - the monstrosity on the right as you come out of the main station (passenger) entrance, usually full of undesirables and belting loud music into the rainy sky.  So tailor-made for us. 

Bring lots of pies.

Just so you''ll definitely recognise me, this is me (thumb in air, head obscured) at the Hawthorns last Saturday, as seen from my mate''s seat.

See you there.  GenA47

[quote]Dude, it''s right next to the Station - the monstrosity on the right as you come out of the main station (passenger) entrance, usually full of undesirables and belting loud music into the rainy sky. S...[/quote]

Yes. Well. Er, you''ll just have to imagine the photo then.

[quote]Gen - you need to upload pictures to webspace. The picture requestor to find something on your local drives is misleading.[/quote]

Vince -

Don''t you ever despair of complete fools like me, and consider just resigning? I''d even gently took the p out of another poster before for similar crimes against reading instructions. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Right, so... can I make this photo appear in my post without posting the actual link (since they''re not my photo pages)...? http://www.cig.canon-europe.com/preview/sharerec.html?album=BDB0652B371BC5199D119BF16BE86664&pictureIndex=4

I have my "really, really trying hard to learn and not be a muppet" head on - quick, before the strain breaks me...

That doesn''t work either - either I need an account or you need to set some viewing permissions by the looks of things.

You could upload the picture as your personal photo (http://new.pinkun.com/forums/photo.aspx) which is different from your avatar image and can be viewed in your profile page. Or email to vince.yallop@archant.co.uk and I''ll put in on the Pinkun server.

[quote]Is that you in the sunglasses and with the parasol then?[/quote]

Yes, that''s right, Meeky!  The one behind the pink elephant.  (I still don''t know how it got in there or why it starting trumpeting out of its butt every time the referee opened his mouth.)

Vince, on your advice I''ve given up and uploaded the damn thing as my personal photo.  Thanks for the help...