Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Sierra Leone

On another note, I am off to Sierra Leone tomorrow for a fortnight to visit a street child project in the north of the country, with me I am taking 56 old Norwich shirts that the club very generously donated to the cause. So a big thank you to them, and I will post photos on my return of NCFCs latest African fan base. 

[quote user="H4H"]On another note, I am off to Sierra Leone tomorrow for a fortnight to visit a street child project in the north of the country, with me I am taking 56 old Norwich shirts that the club very generously donated to the cause. So a big thank you to them, and I will post photos on my return of NCFCs latest African fan base. [/quote]maybe you can pick us up the next Mohammed Kallon while you''re there!

[quote user="H4H"]On another note, I am off to Sierra Leone tomorrow for a fortnight to visit a street child project in the north of the country, with me I am taking 56 old Norwich shirts that the club very generously donated to the cause. So a big thank you to them, and I will post photos on my return of NCFCs latest African fan base. [/quote]

I suppose those were given in the days when Norwich had a Chairman and a Chief Executive. We will miss those guys in the community. Hope the trip turns out worth while especially for the children. Maybe when you come back we could set about raising a few bob for them? You got something for the girls?

[quote user="H4H"]On another note, I am off to Sierra Leone tomorrow for a fortnight to visit a street child project in the north of the country, with me I am taking 56 old Norwich shirts that the club very generously donated to the cause. So a big thank you to them, and I will post photos on my return of NCFCs latest African fan base. [/quote]

Jesus the ammount you would make on that lot! but good cause and let them wear them with pride!

I think its a great idea, I have donated all of my old shirts (England, Norwich, sunday league..... about 40 in total) to similar projects in the past.

I am always split between doing it though, I always wonder whether they bother keeping the shirts after the photographs and the donator has gone home, or whether they end up in the hands of loan sharks, drug dealers and gangsters. 

Most of the shirts out there are fake, and you have to be relatively wealthy in those sorts of places to even own a fake shirt, so they could sell their ''real'' shirts for quite some money - and probably wouldnt hesitate if they needed food.

Probably just me being pessimistic, but on a positive note........ did you know that Craig Bellamy has set up a soccer school in Sierre Leone? He has put nearly £1m of his own money into the project, and the kids get an education as well as football coaching.

For all the bad things that people say about Craig Bellamy, how many actually put their money where their mouth is? Where is the £1m Frank Lampard charity, or the £1m John Terry charity - they are players that are a lot wealthier in comparison too!  Reminds me of Robert Green climbing kilamanjiro for charity, and then going back to West Ham and asking for a pay rise.