Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

i cant believe........

I seriously dont get this.

In the championship, people were saying that Andy Bishop would pull us out of the mess we were in, score some goals. He finished worse off than Grant Holt this season in terms of goalscoring, so should we have signed him?

It''s ridiculous. He would be a great signing for us, especially at the level we find ourselves now.

im not saying he wouldnt be a good signing...lets hope if we do sign him he bangs in 30 goals...i just cant get excited about signing 2nd division players...but it  looks as if thats about all we can afford [:(]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]im not saying he wouldnt be a good signing...lets hope if we do sign him he bangs in 30 goals...i just cant get excited about signing 2nd division players...but it  looks as if thats about all we can afford [:(][/quote]

stand up and be counted, let Delia know how you feel! with words like consolidation, what more do we expect from this club!

[quote user="Peter Cullum Scum"]

In the championship, people were saying that Andy Bishop would pull us out of the mess we were in, score some goals. He finished worse off than Grant Holt this season in terms of goalscoring, so should we have signed him?

It''s ridiculous. He would be a great signing for us, especially at the level we find ourselves now.

[/quote]

Yep sorry to say but we have too many idiots on this forum who simply won''t be happy regardless. They would complain if we bought lower league players, they would complain if we splashed the cash, they would complain if we signed freebies. These people - and I''m sorry to say there are four or five on this forum - have lost what it means to be a supporter and now exist solely to criticise, demean and undermine everything the club does. All in the name of free speech and thought.

I personally have no problem with signing lower league "no bodies". Especially like Grant Holt. He''s the sort of player someone will one day take a chance on - and could strike gold with.

At the end of the day, rather players like that than another season of loanees and scottish flops or expensive over the hill players who think they''re better than they are. And I don''t know a reasonable, clear thinking fan who would disagree.

[quote user="northeastcanary"]Well said MM agree with every word.I wonder what some of these people said when we signed Cody Mac? Another lower league cheapie eh?[/quote] Cody Mac has achieved absolutely zilch so far , maybe we should wait and see what he has to offer over a season before bigging him up as the greatest find of the century.

[quote user="northeastcanary"]Well said MM agree with every word.I wonder what some of these people said when we signed Cody Mac? Another lower league cheapie eh?[/quote]

With only one goal, and yes, it might hack you off, but he''s still very much unproven.

Cody has a great strike rate though what is it about 3 games one goal, and when ever he gets the ball it looks like we could get something from him, not bad if you ask me.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="northeastcanary"]Well said MM agree with every word.I wonder what some of these people said when we signed Cody Mac? Another lower league cheapie eh?[/quote]

With only one goal, and yes, it might hack you off, but he''s still very much unproven.

[/quote]Cody £25k...1 goal.

Curo £800k....2 goals.

Only needs one more goal to prove himself then Wiz and save the club three quarters of a million.

A team which consisted of Spurs cast-offs, free transfers, youth players and signings from Bournemouth and Bristol City beat Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup.It''s not where you come from, it''s what you do now.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Peter Cullum Scum"]

[/quote] Yep sorry to say but we have too many idiots on this forum who simply won''t be happy regardless. They would complain if we bought lower league players, they would complain if we splashed the cash, they would complain if we signed freebies. These people - and I''m sorry to say there are four or five on this forum - have lost what it means to be a supporter and now exist solely to criticise, demean and undermine everything the club does. All in the name of free speech and thought. I personally have no problem with signing lower league "no bodies". Especially like Grant Holt. He''s the sort of player someone will one day take a chance on - and could strike gold with. At the end of the day, rather players like that than another season of loanees and scottish flops or expensive over the hill players who think they''re better than they are. And I don''t know a reasonable, clear thinking fan who would disagree.[/quote]totally agree...i hope we can find a few gems in the lower leagues...i just cant get excited about the players we are being linked with thats all....will still be there next season cheering on WHO EVER is wearing the green and yella [Y]