Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Byfield

Sky Sports have Gunn chasing  Darren Byfield.Sky Article

Norwich are weighing up a move for Darren Byfield, skysports.com understands.

Byfield is looking for a new club after leaving Doncaster at the end of last season.

The

32-year-old''s free agent status makes him an attractive proposition for

a number of clubs and Norwich are hoping to steal a march on their

rivals by luring him to Carrow Road.Norwich are in the market

for striking reinforcements with Dave Mooney and Alan Lee both leaving

the club after their loan spells.Canaries boss Bryan Gunn is

keen to bolster his squad and sees Byfield''s experience as a key

addition to his side as he looks to win promotion back to the

Championship.

No disrespects to anyone, but had hoped

we would be looking for someone a little younger, not another player

nearing the end of his career, looking for one more good pay day. 

Haven''t we had enough of those.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Sky Sports have Gunn chasing  Darren Byfield.

Sky Article

Byfield is looking for a new club after leaving Doncaster at the end of last season.

The 32-year-old''s free agent status makes him an attractive proposition for a number of clubs and Norwich are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by luring him to Carrow Road.Norwich are in the market for striking reinforcements with Dave Mooney and Alan Lee both leaving the club after their loan spells.Canaries boss Bryan Gunn is keen to bolster his squad and sees Byfield''s experience as a key addition to his side as he looks to win promotion back to the Championship.

No disrespects to anyone, but had hoped we would be looking for someone a little younger, not another player nearing the end of his career, looking for one more good pay day.  Haven''t we had enough of those.

[/quote]

I disagree, we already have Chris Martin and Cody McDonald. Experience is exactly what we need. I personally am just dissapointed that he isnt looking to sign a target man.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Sky Sports have Gunn chasing  Darren Byfield.

Sky Article

The 32-year-old''s free agent status makes him an attractive proposition for a number of clubs and Norwich are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by luring him to Carrow Road.Norwich are in the market for striking reinforcements with Dave Mooney and Alan Lee both leaving the club after their loan spells.Canaries boss Bryan Gunn is keen to bolster his squad and sees Byfield''s experience as a key addition to his side as he looks to win promotion back to the Championship.

No disrespects to anyone, but had hoped we would be looking for someone a little younger, not another player nearing the end of his career, looking for one more good pay day.  Haven''t we had enough of those.

[/quote]anything with FREE, city will be all over it....OH DEAR OH DEAR.....there will be some good freebies out there but this one for me is a BIG NO NO for me

This would be an awful signing. 0 goals in 15 for Doncaster, 1 goal in 8 for Oldham Athletic.

1 goal in 23 games?

Were better off with Cureton.

Quick change of view ryan [;)]  I tried to check his scoring or non scoring records but dam site wouldn''t load

[quote user="ryan85k"]

This would be an awful signing. 0 goals in 15 for Doncaster, 1 goal in 8 for Oldham Athletic.

1 goal in 23 games?

Were better off with Cureton.

[/quote]thats a bloody aweful record.....please Gunn dont!!!

my 9 yr old has better stats then that and he plays in goal...lol

poor signing if it happens... i hope this is more to do with his agent trying to get his players name in the headlines... fingers crossed. there are so many other (better) options out there than byfield.

Another star Gunny has unearthed , makes you wonder just what rubbish will be lining up at the start of the season , Byfield and Cureton up front , now that has promotion written all over it.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Quick change of view ryan [;)]  I tried to check his scoring or non scoring records but dam site wouldn''t load
[/quote]

I havent changed my view. I was disagreeing about the bit about needing younger players, I believe that we need a a good experienced target man.

Whilst Byfield is definetely experienced, he certainly isnt a target man and he certainly isnt good!

Would probably bang his missus though!

Was joking,     I said a little younger..   under 30. Sadly being 32 doesn''t always mean you have the experience you perhaps should have as his goals tally may well point to     Had a laugh with a friend about Peter Thorne,  coming back but at least he is scoring more than Byfield has done.  Thorne:  31 goals in 63 startsThis should be ByPassedand put down to Agents Phone Call to media