Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Grant Holt

Sorry for a new post but if we do ge him he''s 6ft, not really a target man.

Gunn has said cureton has a key role, i guess along with Cody and Martin?

We will not have much height up there next season unless he''s getting someone for holt to play off? but i guess not as he''s said cureton has a key role!

Another mystery

quite smart but i should image he means with our team, and for chris martin i would imagine he will stay due to his age and potential if he loses the attitude!

Sell Sammy Clingan and we could afford: Nelson, the spanish dude from MK (could afford to up his wages?), and Holt!I would love it if those 3 signed - along with a new keeper and a creative midfielder.

From what I hear Holt, on balance, did an OK job when at Forest. He was our top scorer at one point, though I think he barely got 10 goals so that may not be saying much. His goals/game ratio was not great. Looks like he''s done OK at Shrews, though that is at an even lower levelIn his defence some say he was played out of position by Calderwood on the wing.You could do worse, but you could also probably do better ...

[quote user="norwich-red"]From what I hear Holt, on balance, did an OK job when at Forest. He was our top scorer at one point, though I think he barely got 10 goals so that may not be saying much. His goals/game ratio was not great. Looks like he''s done OK at Shrews, though that is at an even lower level

In his defence some say he was played out of position by Calderwood on the wing.

You could do worse, but you could also probably do better ...
[/quote]

You dont even know anything about your own club, so why you choose to read a Norwich forum is beyond me. He was your top scorer in 2006/2007 with 18 goals and won your player of the season award.

If you dont even know anything about the bloke that won your top scorer award and player of the season, in the same season, just a few years ago...... then why should we take a single word of what you said as gospel?  That makes your input pointless.

Scunny fans think he will go for around 275,00 - so considering the silly season, we''re probably looking at about 300,000 - 350,000 to bring him here.

Also, reported they won''t let him go unless they have a replacement lined up.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Maybe the swap could be the key role for Cureton - would be happy with that![/quote]

nice try but we are not that gullible!!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="norwich-red"]From what I hear Holt, on balance, did an OK job when at Forest. He was our top scorer at one point, though I think he barely got 10 goals so that may not be saying much. His goals/game ratio was not great. Looks like he''s done OK at Shrews, though that is at an even lower levelIn his defence some say he was played out of position by Calderwood on the wing.You could do worse, but you could also probably do better ...[/quote]

You dont even know anything about your own club, so why you choose to read a Norwich forum is beyond me. He was your top scorer in 2006/2007 with 18 goals and won your player of the season award.

If you dont even know anything about the bloke that won your top scorer award and player of the season, in the same season, just a few years ago...... then why should we take a single word of what you said as gospel?  That makes your input pointless.

[/quote]Reign your neck in mate!Believe it or not at the time I didn''t pay too much attention (or even care) who our "player of the season" was when we were in the same sh!t as you find yourselves now. Believe it or not I have every sympathy to your current plight as I have lived in Norwich for ten years now and would have loved to see Forest and Norwich in the same league next season.Believe it or not I don''t give a tinkers cuss whether you take my input as gospel or think my input is pointless.

Why does being 6ft not make him a target man? Mark Hughes and Alan Shearer were both extremely effective "target men" and neither were particularly tall. A target man needs strength, touch and awareness of the play around him.

We all hate lumping it front for a striker to head (it rarely works) so why do we clamour so much for a "big man"?

they where playing in the top league where they wernt just lumping balls up to them!

I guess people saying he''s not a target man because he''s not 6 ft god-knows-what like Peter Crouch haven''t seen him play for Shrewsbury this season. He may not be the tallest, but his strength and jump are the reasons he is so effective up there.

As for saying Shearer was in the premiership and it wasn''t hoof ball is rubbish, when it came to him in the air, his strength and ability to jump was the reason he won a lot of headers... not his height, Holt is no different, just a lower league player than Shearer was

He might turn out to be an ideal signing, but, if you look at his career overall he only had a few seasons when he has managed to score 10+ goals.

I fear he could turn out to be another expensive flop.