Sign in to follow this  
Destort

"No signings imminent" and 1 month til we start playing friendlies?

Out of every team in the entire football league we must have one of the smallest playing squads known. Other teams are already dealing to IMPROVE their squads, we need to deal just to make a squad. With a month before the friendlies start it will be the same old nonsense. We set up all these games for the team to gel and we''ll sign at the end of August. Why is it the same every year?

Why is everyone surprised when it is the same every year!

Nobody signs anybody in June...

*cough* Kaka, Barry *cough*

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Get over it!

the season has just finished, players & managers often take a holiday. I suggest you take one and chill out
[/quote]

Get over it? Of course it''s not like we''ve just been relegated, have no squad and we have such a great track record from numerous pre-seasons. Let''s just settle for League 1 then shall we.

[quote user="Destort"]Out of every team in the entire football league we must have one of the smallest playing squads known. Other teams are already dealing to IMPROVE their squads, we need to deal just to make a squad. With a month before the friendlies start it will be the same old nonsense. We set up all these games for the team to gel and we''ll sign at the end of August. Why is it the same every year?[/quote]

We cant sign any contracted players until 1st July it is currently the 3rd June

I do share your frustration about the lack of activity as I cannot remember a summer where our squad has looked so bereft of talent.

Having said that, with our financial situation the way it is, would rather they took their time and brought in the right players on the right deals. There is also still the possibility that they are waiting to see what funds Foulger et al can drag up to see whether can bring in top tier targets or whether need to look further down the list.

It is just the waiting in silence that annoys me.  Not sure if this is preferable to having a new article from Archant daily quoting staff at CR talking up how busy they are chasing down leads, making calls and trying to help.

A good friend of mine lives down the same road as a city player and he hasn''t seen him since the end of the season! June will be quiet because of the amount of players on holiday having a "hard earned break" If it came to July and we didn''t have any news then I would be annoyed!

New season , new league , same old bullsh1t from Carrow Road , in fact is Gunn just saying the same things he has heard other managers say in the past .Tagets identified  , lots of phone calls going in , people on holiday , nothing imminent .Heard it all before Mr Gunn , last season , the season before that , in fact we hear the same thing every season and it always ends up a massive let down .

[quote user="Destort"]

Get over it? Of course it''s not like we''ve just been relegated, have no squad and we have such a great track record from numerous pre-seasons. Let''s just settle for League 1 then shall we.

[/quote]Now now, enought of the tears. Lets just wait until July when pre-season starts and see what kind of squad we have together before we all settle for League one obscurity. bit of a pesimist are we?

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

Now now, enought of the tears. Lets just wait until July when pre-season starts and see what kind of squad we have together before we all settle for League one obscurity.

bit of a pesimist are we?
[/quote]

No far from it, my frustration comes out of the fact that I have been ridiculously optimistic for the past few pre seasons and they have got it wrong. The transfer window opens July 1st however deals are always agreed before and finalised on that date, teams do business way before hence Man City don''t have some special exclusion allowing them to sign Barry before the window opens.

I think the only dispensation Man City have is a fat old cheque book.  Wish we had the same.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Destort"]Out of every team in the entire football league we must have one of the smallest playing squads known. Other teams are already dealing to IMPROVE their squads, we need to deal just to make a squad. With a month before the friendlies start it will be the same old nonsense. We set up all these games for the team to gel and we''ll sign at the end of August. Why is it the same every year?[/quote]

[/quote]1st July is the date the transfer would officially go through, but that doesn''t stop clubs agreeing transfers before then.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]yeah because Manchester City and Norwich are such a close comparison.

[/quote]

You are so lazy in terms of your responses. It was in reference to the time that the transfer is being made. There have been numerous lower league transfers but I wanted to make it easy for you. Try actually acknowledging the point being made rather than your selective referencing.

[quote user="coro"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]
1st July is the date the transfer would officially go through, but that doesn''t stop clubs agreeing transfers before then.
[/quote]

They can in certain circumstances yes, but in the case of a second party being involved e.g. Buying from another team, the early announcement would need the blessing of the selling club and the player. In the case of an out of contract player under the age of 24, we have no right to agree a contract before the contracts expiry - most of which will be the 31st June.

For all we know we could have signed two player from other clubs and have two players under 24 lined up for 31st June. That is to say, we probably wouldnt know anything even if it had happened.

Look how long the Hoolohan stuff went on, it was clear that we had arranged that signing weeks before it had been announced.

Bristol Canary, here''s a possible signing  for you Mark Bosnich recently had lunch with Ian Crook in Sydney, link attached.http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25578421-5006068,00.html

Oldham have signed 3 or 4 players, Huddersfield have signed a couple as well I believe. There is nothing to stop us signing players now other than , I suspect, we don''t want to pay their wages until July!

[quote user="sydmick"]Bristol Canary, here''s a possible signing  for you Mark Bosnich recently had lunch with Ian Crook in Sydney, link attached.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25578421-5006068,00.html
[/quote]

No Thanks, he would help service every Black BMW in the city.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Oldham have signed 3 or 4 players, Huddersfield have signed a couple as well I believe. There is nothing to stop us signing players now other than , I suspect, we don''t want to pay their wages until July![/quote]

And would you have signed any of those Huddersfield or Oldham players?

The quantity of players is irrelevant. I am happy with the three players we have been linked to, two of those have been released today or yesterday.

Im talking about the two centre backs and the striker. I would be happy with any of those three, but all three have been linked with other clubs.

If those three went and signed for other clubs over us I would be worried, but for all we know they could be at Dunston Hall playing golf with Gunn right now. They have a right to talk to all interested parties, which takes time, they also have the right to have a well deserved holiday with their kids and wives to consider offers (It also effects their families), we also need to satisfy ourselves that they are medically insurable and havent got injuries that they have been playing through all year.

I would much rather the players we signed came here thinking that they had made the right decison, meaning that they WANT to play for Norwich, and that they come here with the coaching staff knowing that they had made he right decision.

If Grant Holt goes to Leeds, Mickey Nelson goes to MK Dons and the MK Dons bloke goes to Doncaster then only then will I be worried.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="sydmick"]Bristol Canary, here''s a possible signing  for you Mark Bosnich recently had lunch with Ian Crook in Sydney, link attached.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25578421-5006068,00.html
[/quote]

No Thanks, he would help service every Black BMW in the city.

[/quote]

Did you mean BBW?

[quote user="Destort"]

You are so lazy in terms of your responses. It was in reference to the time that the transfer is being made. There have been numerous lower league transfers but I wanted to make it easy for you. Try actually acknowledging the point being made rather than your selective referencing.

[/quote]Bite me.It doesn''t really matter when we sign anyone, whether it is tomorrow or the day before pre-season.as long as we have the numbers for our first game. I suggest that you stop whinging and moaning like a 4 year old who wants their christmas presents in november!

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

Bite me.

It doesn''t really matter when we sign anyone, whether it is tomorrow or the day before pre-season.as long as we have the numbers for our first game. I suggest that you stop whinging and moaning like a 4 year old who wants their christmas presents in november!

[/quote]

How childish are you? Bite me? There seems to be a running theme of insulting people from your posts.

I was raising a valid point. Of course it matters when players come in but of course you cannot be wrong Bristol Canary. You have your ''sources''.

Im just saying we have plenty of time for new signings. I just cant understand why people are getting so worked up because we havent signed anyone yet.If we go into our first friendly game with our current squad then of course id be a bit annoyed. If it takes a bit longer to get players of higher quality on the list of targets then so be it.

Oh well, if the worst comes to the worst, we can always have a look through the squads of Dereham Town, Lynn, Lowestoft and Yarmouth, I suppose. There might be a few gems to be unearthed in those hotbeds of football, and at least they would suit Delia''s purse, if nothing else!!