Sign in to follow this  
Conker

Claimed my rebate today

with my 2 seats in the barclay and 4 int the carvery my rebate came to nearly a £1000 so not an easy decision to make but I believe love him or hate him Gunny is here for the first half of the season at least and he''ll have more chance of success with money in the kitty than without it,

with my 2 seats in the barclay and 4 int the carvery my rebate came to over a £1000 so not an easy decision to make but I believe love him or hate him Gunny is here for the first half of the season at least and he''ll have more chance of success with money in the kitty than without it, so my money stays with the club

[quote user="ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"]

I only hope all those so called supporters who claimed their refund  dont start  complaining when there is no money to spend on transfers.And please dont call yoursevles loyal supporters because you are NOT

[/quote]

How dare you.  I claim something that is offered to me and therefore I am not a loyal supporter.  Well you are a c**k

I certainly wouldn''t call into question anyone''s loyalty for taking the money - after all, they by definition already have a season ticket which was renewed at a time when relegation was likely, and that shows a pretty high degree of loyalty in itself. 

But nor would I call into question anyone who decided let the club keep the cash. 

At the end of the day it is up to each of us to decide: there isn''t really a ''right'' or ''wrong'' answer and there are quite compelling reasons to do either.   On the one hand taking the cash is merely taking what is owed to us and God knows we surely deserve it (if only to give a ''bloody nose'' to those in power); but a part of me just can''t get over that I''d almost be cutting my nose of to spite my face - I''d be lowering the resources available to the club at a time when they need them the most if we are to compete and get out of this division.

I''m still 50:50 on what I''ll do, but I don''t think I will be broadcasting my decision on here.  I have the form on one side ready to fill out and send, but at the moment I''m equally inclined to let the club have the money - the rebate wasn''t remotely in my thoughts when I renewed and to a certain extent I see it is a ''sunk'' cost.  But I''m almost inclined to take the cash just to emphasise to the club what a stupid idea it was: it really didn''t take much to see that they would want to keep the money and that this would set supporters against each other...