Sign in to follow this  
Conker

Claimed my rebate today

I have to say im in two minds about mine. I have always felt like taking it but I do think that giving it back will mean more money to spend on the team and better chance to get out of this league. But at the same time I dont really have too much confidence in the manager to spend the money.

Sent for mine with the simple messge - Give me Championship football next season and I''ll pay you Championship prices next season.

Now, if they had been smart they would have offered all those who didn''t claim the rebate no increase on ticket prices for TWO years irrespective of which league we are in.....

[quote user="ndhscanary"]I have to say im in two minds about mine. I have always felt like taking it but I do think that giving it back will mean more money to spend on the team and better chance to get out of this league. But at the same time I don''t really have too much confidence in the manager to spend the money.[/quote]Exactly how I feel. I was adamant that I was going to reclaim my money right up till Saturday morning when I read the letter and thought about the forthcoming season properly for the first time.To many of us (myself included) have become bitter towards our own club. Take away the Delia factor, forget the board completely for one minute and just think Norwich City, Yellow and Green, your club, our club.You can''t be happy at the moment if you a true Norwich fan, but this is what we are and I don''t see a power shift any time soon. No amount of meetings or stamping our feet will bring the outcome we want. Yes we should vent our anger at our demise, yes we should let the world know we''re not happy. However this club needs money just to stay afloat and with nobody rushing to invest in it we have to accept that Delia''s money is needed just ton keep us going right now.Forget her and the board. Any extra money for players has to help right? and we need players.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="ndhscanary"]I have to say im in two minds about mine. I have always felt like taking it but I do think that giving it back will mean more money to spend on the team and better chance to get out of this league. But at the same time I don''t really have too much confidence in the manager to spend the money.[/quote]
Exactly how I feel. I was adamant that I was going to reclaim my money right up till Saturday morning when I read the letter and thought about the forthcoming season properly for the first time.

To many of us (myself included) have become bitter towards our own club. Take away the Delia factor, forget the board completely for one minute and just think Norwich City, Yellow and Green, your club, our club.

You can''t be happy at the moment if you a true Norwich fan, but this is what we are and I don''t see a power shift any time soon. No amount of meetings or stamping our feet will bring the outcome we want. Yes we should vent our anger at our demise, yes we should let the world know we''re not happy. However this club needs money just to stay afloat and with nobody rushing to invest in it we have to accept that Delia''s money is needed just ton keep us going right now.

Forget her and the board. Any extra money for players has to help right? and we need players.
[/quote]

I know the club needs money but do you really trust this board to invest our rebates "on the pitch"? In the past money from player sales have funded "off the pitch" investments so what makes you think this board will change now? We have no idea what money they have set aside for players so how do you know your rebate will go on players?

This board lost what ever trust I had in them years ago.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

I didnt claim it our of bitterness, or being skint.  I claimed it as they offered it to me to encourage me to renew my season ticket, which I did.  The thing is, i would have renewed anyway and probably still paid £366 in League One.  Paying £30 a month doesnt hit the pocket too much.If you are going to essentially bribe people into doing something, dont be surprised if they then do it and expect their bribe!As mentioned I will be investing it into the Kitty on a monthly DD of my own.

[quote user="BBFF"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="ndhscanary"]I have to say im in two minds about mine. I have always felt like taking it but I do think that giving it back will mean more money to spend on the team and better chance to get out of this league. But at the same time I don''t really have too much confidence in the manager to spend the money.[/quote]
Exactly how I feel. I was adamant that I was going to reclaim my money right up till Saturday morning when I read the letter and thought about the forthcoming season properly for the first time.

To many of us (myself included) have become bitter towards our own club. Take away the Delia factor, forget the board completely for one minute and just think Norwich City, Yellow and Green, your club, our club.

You can''t be happy at the moment if you a true Norwich fan, but this is what we are and I don''t see a power shift any time soon. No amount of meetings or stamping our feet will bring the outcome we want. Yes we should vent our anger at our demise, yes we should let the world know we''re not happy. However this club needs money just to stay afloat and with nobody rushing to invest in it we have to accept that Delia''s money is needed just ton keep us going right now.

Forget her and the board. Any extra money for players has to help right? and we need players.
[/quote]

I know the club needs money but do you really trust this board to invest our rebates "on the pitch"? In the past money from player sales have funded "off the pitch" investments so what makes you think this board will change now? We have no idea what money they have set aside for players so how do you know your rebate will go on players?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

Well said or for Lappinitup: BOARD OUT!

[quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]Tell the bank. Its not always up to the board where they can spend the money. Thats why some money has to be invested ''off the pitch'' and the profits used ''on the pitch''In the same way a bank wouldn''t lend you money to buy a gold mine in south london, but invest the money in a viable, profit making business and you can spend the profit on whatever you want.Get it?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Tell the bank. Its not always up to the board where they can spend the money. Thats why some money has to be invested ''off the pitch'' and the profits used ''on the pitch''

-----------------------------------------------

Excuse me, what profit is being made from the off the pitch investment in the ex LSE and ex City Council land?  Annual interest and bank arrangement fees are drained from the ''on the pitch'' side of the Plc.

[quote user="ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"]

I only hope all those so called supporters who claimed their refund  dont start  complaining when there is no money to spend on transfers.And please dont call yoursevles loyal supporters because you are NOT

[/quote]

What utter cobblers. What any fan does with his/her money is their business and reflects not one jot on their loyalty as a fan. I would have thought that buying a ST before knowing which division the club were going to be in is one sign of very loyal supporters. Why did the board offer the rebate if they were not able to honour it financially? Yet another example of the glaringly incompetent managemant of our club by the battered trout and her oiks.

I only hope all those so called supporters who claimed their refund  dont start  complaining when there is no money to spend on transfers.And please dont call yoursevles loyal supporters because you are NOT

[/quote]What a prick

[/quote]

Don''t come out with that "so-called supporters" rubbish.  You could equally say that anyone who doesn''t voluntarily send a cheque to the Club for, lets say, £1000 is a "so-called supporter", or anyone who doesn''t sell their house, downsize, and send the Club the balance is a "so-called supporter".  The fact is that season tickets were sold on the basis that if relegation happened those who committed upfront would be entitled to a rebate.  Therefore it is not the Club''s money that is being refunded; it belongs to each individual who bought a season ticket and therefore no-one who decides to claim their money back should feel guilty at all and they certainly don''t deserve to be labelled "so-called supporters".

[quote user="The Anonymous One"][quote user="ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"]

[/quote]

Don''t come out with that "so-called supporters" rubbish.  You could equally say that anyone who doesn''t voluntarily send a cheque to the Club for, lets say, £1000 is a "so-called supporter", or anyone who doesn''t sell their house, downsize, and send the Club the balance is a "so-called supporter".  The fact is that season tickets were sold on the basis that if relegation happened those who committed upfront would be entitled to a rebate.  Therefore it is not the Club''s money that is being refunded; it belongs to each individual who bought a season ticket and therefore no-one who decides to claim their money back should feel guilty at all and they certainly don''t deserve to be labelled "so-called supporters".

[/quote]

Well said or for Lappinitup: BOARD OUT!

[/quote]

Hysterically Laughing      

[/quote]

"I''m not a loyal supporter!"........ There you go, feel better?

Ready made excuse for the board if we fail.....because I kept my rebate - and it''s all my fault.....

[/quote]

More emotional blackmail from the Wynnies.

Its not working and I''m having MY money back thank you. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"]

[/quote]

"I''m not a loyal supporter!"........ There you go, feel better?

Ready made excuse for the board if we fail.....because I kept my rebate - and it''s all my fault.....

[/quote]

Yes its the fans fault we''re in Division 3 (old money).......the guilt lies with the board.

claimed mine after hearing what we paid the french sick note that was sibenski this  makes my 70 quid  a very small drop in the ocean not to mention ball hog lita on 15 grand

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]claimed mine after hearing what we paid the french sick note that was sibenski this  makes my 70 quid  a very small drop in the ocean not to mention ball hog lita on 15 grand[/quote]

15 grand??? ffs [8-)]

I''m not claiming my rebate.There''s plenty of people with misgivings about the board for all sorts of reasons, but I''ve no reason to doubt their word that they''ll use the cash for players. For me it''s not about the money and I''m happy for that cash to be spent on the team.

[quote user="canarytom"]I claimed mine and put it all on Chelsea to beat Everton 2-1! Happy days, i''m now £576 richer[/quote]I''d believe you if you actually had a season ticket! Binner!

[quote user="Flying Pastie"]I''m not claiming my rebate.

There''s plenty of people with misgivings about the board for all sorts of reasons, but I''ve no reason to doubt their word that they''ll use the cash for players. For me it''s not about the money and I''m happy for that cash to be spent on the team.
[/quote]

Like the Earnshaw and Etuhu money..........