Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Norwich City goalkeeper on free transfer list

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]He was no good anyhow, but getting rid of yet another player the signs don''t look good.[/quote]Why is it a bad sign to get rid of a player who is no good WAY?

Surprising to see Michael Bridges there of Hull City.  Could he do a job for us ?  Or will he have something already lined up ?

Also, a shocking amount of youth players there.  How many of those end up on the scrap-heap ?

[quote] user="Delia''s recipie for disaster!"]

For anyone interested:

PFA Transfer List

[/quote]

Ryan Newton

Bradford City FC

Centre Midfield

Centre Forward

DOB: 14/02/91

Height: 5ft 12in

Weight: 12st 0lbs

Nationality: English

Was going to suggest that we take a look at him but I know Gunny is only looking for players who are 6 ft, its a shame he''s only 5 ft 12in.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Another player I would look at on that list is Pawel Abbott, good finisher and could do a job at this level.[/quote]id have himdavid poole and curtis main.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Stuart Nelson appears on the free transfer list issued by the Professional Footballers Association today.[/quote]Not sure about how accurate this is.I say that because we were lead to believe that both him and Lappin were being spoken to in respect of new contracts. I should imagine that if their contracts are due to run out that they are on this list end of story. Therefore although he is on the list it does not mean he isn''t staying.Eagle is yesterdays news.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]He was no good anyhow, but getting rid of yet another player the signs don''t look good.[/quote]Why is it a bad sign to get rid of a player who is no good WAY?[/quote]

Because now we don''t have an experienced goalie at all.  It''s just another asset gone, it''s not like we have millions and millions to replace all these players is it?  That''s why it ain''t looking too good.

Cheers, I didn''t even have the search filter options.   sure enough he is there, just wondering if it means he is simply out of contract or actuially getting his bike ready

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]He was no good anyhow, but getting rid of yet another player the signs don''t look good.[/quote]Why is it a bad sign to get rid of a player who is no good WAY?[/quote]

Because now we don''t have an experienced goalie at all.  It''s just another asset gone, it''s not like we have millions and millions to replace all these players is it?  That''s why it ain''t looking too good.

[/quote]

Not now that everyone is taking their rebate...

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Camuldonum"]Stuart Nelson appears on the free transfer list issued by the Professional Footballers Association today.[/quote]

Not sure about how accurate this is.

I say that because we were lead to believe that both him and Lappin were being spoken to in respect of new contracts. I should imagine that if their contracts are due to run out that they are on this list end of story. Therefore although he is on the list it does not mean he isn''t staying.

Eagle is yesterdays news.
[/quote]

Gunn and Nelson met last week for their "chat".

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Not now that everyone is taking their rebate...[/quote]How many times - it''s not a rebate [:)][/quote]And not everyone is taking it.

Deehan said in that article yesterday a goalkeeper and defenders were top of his list , so no surprise Nelson has gone .

Adrian Patulea released by Lincoln, looked really good this season before injury......

WAY You''re not really making sense to me. If Nelson isn''t that good (can''t comment as i''ve never seen him) then why keep him, regardless of his experience? I don''t want to see half a team of muppets just to make up the numbers! Not a rant at you just my opinion!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]WAY You''re not really making sense to me. If Nelson isn''t that good (can''t comment as i''ve never seen him) then why keep him, regardless of his experience? I don''t want to see half a team of muppets just to make up the numbers! Not a rant at you just my opinion![/quote]

Because an asset no matter how good or bad is still and asset.  I''d sooner have one dodgy standby keeper with a bit of experience than an academy player with no experience.  Our club is slowly and surely selling every bloody asset we have.

Write down on a piece of paper like we did a couple of weeks ago just who with 3rd division experience ( as we all know it''s a rough and tough division) in our squad ''now'' we have left, it might shock you to know there ain''t a lot of our own players left.