Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Cureton still has key role to play

Well thats one of our stars we are hanging onto for next season , dear oh dear.

Nothing to say he wouldn''t do the job next year - in fairness, I''m not a huge fan of him, but I''m willing to give him a go to prove his critics wrong.

Good job i didn''t think we''d win the League anyway - cause we certainly won''t this year.Fact of the matter is that since he''s been with us:- Missed open goals (The goals are the same size in League One)- Lost pace (As soon as you go down to League One, not everybody suddenly has the pace of Dion Dublin).- Not played in the final part of the season (Meaning his fitness is even worse, he''s aged, he could even be slightly slower).

The difference between failure and success for a striker is so small and depends on confidence.

Even last season Jamie got into the shooting positions.

He may just surprise many of us next season- this is a hope not a certainty.

Good God and all the angels in Heaven. He really is quite useless and should be shown the door (which he''d end up missing, no doubt). Grant Holt, Danny Graham, Jamie Cureton - hmm.

Carrying a bucket around the stadium at half time, he has the superb requirements for the carrow road piss boy, short, stumpy and no f***ing good for anything else. I''ll return to carrow road when I don''t have to watch this prat.

Just think, if he does go, who will you lot blame for every defeat and everything else at this club ?

[quote user="Fred"]The difference between failure and success for a striker is so small and depends on confidence. Even last season Jamie got into the shooting positions. He may just surprise many of us next season- this is a hope not a certainty.[/quote]

I think you''re being a bit over optimistic there mate, he scored against Barnsley on his first game back which should have given him some confidence but then he continued to miss sitters in the following games before he was dropped. I also thought he looked very slow and lazy, don''t think he''s good enough even for league 1 and he should have been released imo.

This makes me so annoyed. Cureton will not be good enough for league one. He has lost it and I really don''t want to see him next season.

Back to watching him miss sitters week in week out then, why does no one at our club ever learn?

It is probably worth giving him a shot at League 1 defences, but for me it depends upon his wages.

If, as is reported, he is on a big weekly wage, then we should look for better value elsewhere and try to unload.ASAP.

This guy should go, for one he''s not good enough, but more to the point how much are we paying him??? Its the old ''Gunn'' club membership, his first sign of weakness, and only yesterday he was talking about quality...

I know this is the kind of thing managers say but if Gunn does actually think that Cureton is going to be/should be involved next season then that''s very worrying.

The thought of Cureton lining up for kick off on the first day of the season is pretty uninspiring. Hopefully it won''t come to that.

[quote user="supercol"]Just think, if he does go, who will you lot blame for every defeat and everything else at this club ?[/quote]ohhh there are plenty to point the finger at!!!

Crap when we panick bought him, crap in the 2 seasons since, dropped for the vital run in so what does the od-job puppet decide/ he''s a star man for next season. Oh boy! are we facked????

Can you imagine him with ''What''s a goal?'' Byfield?

[quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]Maybe if their wives come to the games and sit next to each other we''ll have something worth watching.  And that gives me a great idea for the half-time entertainment...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

Maybe if their wives come to the games and sit next to each other we''ll have something worth watching.  And that gives me a great idea for the half-time entertainment...
[/quote]CHOPS...yet bang on again!!!!! we r truely fooked my friend...cant wait for the "WE WILL GO WITH WHAT WE HAVE GOT CRAP"   GOD BLESS US ALL

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user=Mister Chops][quote user="crafty canary"]

Can you imagine him with ''What''s a goal Byfield?

[/quote]

Maybe if their wives come to the games and sit next to each other we''ll have something worth watching.  And that gives me a great idea for the half-time entertainment...
[/quote]CHOPS...yet bang on again!!!!! we r truely fooked my friend...cant wait for the "WE WILL GO WITH WHAT WE HAVE GOT CRAP"   GOD BLESS US ALL[/quote#BANG ON YET AGAIN#   soz a bit piddled   lol

At a time when I am at an alltime low with my club. The only shining light at the end of this very dark tunnel for me was that I might finally never have to see Jamie Cureton and Gary Docherty in a Norwich shirt again. These 2 players for me are all that is wrong with the club. It appears they are the 2 only players we are going to hold onto during the League 1 rebuild.I am losing more and more faith and love of the club by the day. Nothing is changing and all the wrongs are remaining. For me the very small glimmering light at the end of the tunnel is getting further and further away.I give up hope!

Add Russell to that.

These three, plus Croft and Marshall are the consistent factors in the team since the real decline started uder Grant. ie. when we started playing relegation football.

Two down, three to go.

I have given him a lot of stick this season but i reckon he will do alright next season. He will give good competition to daley and martin and if we can get a good targetman to play alongside him like iwelumo at colchester maybe we can get the best out of him